GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Question on Tuners

Search this Thread

Old 3/27/17, 07:24 PM
RJG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question on Tuners

Hello all,

I have an older Diablo Sport 2005-2006 tuner that I run the 91 octane tune. Curious to know if a newer tuner would be better? I've had this tune on the car for a long time.

Thanks for any input!
Old 3/27/17, 09:03 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,583 Posts
Unless you intend on upgrading to a custom dyno tune or custom mail order tune such as JDM engineering, Brenspeed, Steeda, VMP tuning or Lund Racing.. You just might as well stick with what you already have, as purchasing a new programmer with pre-loaded/canned tunes would pretty much be a waste of your hard earned money with very little to show for it, if anything at all..

Anyway just my $.02..
The following users liked this post:
RJG (3/28/17)
Old 3/28/17, 09:35 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a Diablo Sport Predator tuner for my 2005 GT. Haven't used it in a long time, but you can set your own custom tunes, and, you can go to the Diablo site and download the latest updates and custom tunes.
http://www.diablosport.com/downloads/
Old 3/28/17, 10:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by RJG
Hello all,

I have an older Diablo Sport 2005-2006 tuner that I run the 91 octane tune. Curious to know if a newer tuner would be better? I've had this tune on the car for a long time.

Thanks for any input!

Canned tunes are pretty generic but safe. If you don't have any shortcomings from the car and are happy, leave it alone. If you want to get a little more out of her you can go to a custom e-mail tune or dyno tune and you wouldn't have to buy a new tuner unless you can't find someone who works with the Diablo software. if you plan on any engine performance upgrades you will definitely have to find someone who works with Diablo. But as far as changing tuners, no need. You're not going to gain anything by switching brands.
Old 3/28/17, 03:15 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,583 Posts
Just as 07 Boss stated.. You can always get a custom e-mail or custom dyno tune and have the tuning flies downloaded into your programmer and call it a day.. There is no need to replace your programmer unless it's no longer supported by Diablosport regarding firmware and software updates.. Other than that, as long at it continues to function properly.. Save your money to use towards other mods for your car
Old 4/4/17, 06:14 PM
RJG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the input!