GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

question cai

Search this Thread

Old 5/27/05, 06:42 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you have to get a special program loaded into the predator for each different cai kit made. If so do just tell diablo which cai kit your going to use then it comes with that program, I bought a Mac cai installed it and put in the 91 tune now I have an engine light that said its running lean bank 1 & 2. I was under the impression you could just re-flash the computor after the cai was on and everything would work okay. The car runs good but the light keeps coming on.
Old 5/27/05, 08:04 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

You need to get on a dyno and tune the car asap or get a custom tune for your intake.

Did the site offer a downloadable tune for your intake?
Old 5/29/05, 12:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by cfr865@May 27, 2005, 8:45 PM
Do you have to get a special program loaded into the predator for each different cai kit made. If so do just tell diablo which cai kit your going to use then it comes with that program, I bought a Mac cai installed it and put in the 91 tune now I have an engine light that said its running lean bank 1 & 2. I was under the impression you could just re-flash the computor after the cai was on and everything would work okay. The car runs good but the light keeps coming on.
Answer...Call Brent at DTP Racing. He hooked me up with a great tune for my MAC> It will cost you 75.00,but my car runs awesome! Had the same problem as you,and even tried fuel enrichment on Predator. Got sick of guessing and left it to the Proffesionals! You won't be dissappointed!
Old 5/29/05, 07:59 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by AJC@May 27, 2005, 9:07 PM
You need to get on a dyno and tune the car asap or get a custom tune for your intake.

Did the site offer a downloadable tune for your intake?
Thanks for the info, but I do have a dumb question, can you send him your tuner so he can download the tune into it and then send it back to you.
Old 5/29/05, 08:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by cfr865@May 29, 2005, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the info, but I do have a dumb question, can you send him your tuner so he can download the tune into it and then send it back to you.
He may do that... just send him an email and ask him. They are a great group down at DTP. I went there a couple of weeks ago for a tune and a few Dyno runs to tweak it a bit.
Old 5/29/05, 08:48 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

I would recommend running a predator log session of how the car is currently running with the CAI, send him the results and let him send you back a custom tune via email.. if DTP is willing
Old 6/3/05, 01:49 PM
Cobra Member

I thought once you bought the Predator, your tunes were free and unlimited, do you have to pay for each tune $75???
Old 6/7/05, 12:04 PM
Cobra Member

Well, thanks for the answers, they just pour down!
Every time that you want to have the Predator tuned for a mod, do you have to pay $75??? Just someone reply with a simple yes or no.

Thanks
Old 6/7/05, 12:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by rony1976@June 7, 2005, 2:07 PM
Well, thanks for the answers, they just pour down!
Every time that you want to have the Predator tuned for a mod, do you have to pay $75??? Just someone reply with a simple yes or no.

Thanks

Once you have your canned tune from whatever source you happen to use, you can modify that tune to suit whatever needs you have... Always make some backups of the tune though and keep in a safe place. So again, you can take the original tune, and using the application for your specific tuner (SCT / Diablo) you can create an 87 octane tune, a 93 tune, one for the CAI with larger tires / rims/ axle ratio/ etc... Your possibilities are endless so to speak.

Although the tuners will only hold so many tunes, you can pre-load several onto the tuner and run one at a time in the vehicle. Gas to high? Load the 87 octane tune... Wanna race a little? Load a performance tune. By a gear for the rear end? Create and load a modified tune to compensate for the longer gearing.. You get the idea.
Old 6/7/05, 01:20 PM
Cobra Member

That whatever source would always have to be someone that you send the tune and $$$ for them to program it, right?
Old 6/7/05, 01:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by rony1976@June 3, 2005, 12:52 PM
I thought once you bought the Predator, your tunes were free and unlimited, do you have to pay for each tune $75???
Not quite. Diablosport provides tune files on their website for two aftermarket intakes: C & L's and Steeda's. You can download these tune files and use them if you have one of these intakes. From what several members and, IIRC, a Diablosport rep here on the board, have said you do not want to use one of these tune files except for the intake it is designed for.

If you have another brand intake, then that manufacturer may, or may not, provide a Predator tune file. If they don't, then yes, it is on you to acquire or develop your own at a dyno shop, or however you do it.

Good luck and let us know what your results are!
Old 6/7/05, 01:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by rony1976@June 7, 2005, 3:23 PM
That whatever source would always have to be someone that you send the tune and $$$ for them to program it, right?
Actually the C&L, Steeda and a few others have some "canned tunes that work well enough. The JLT doe snot come with a tune for the $150.00 asking price, so add the "canned" tune for another $75.00 and there ya go. Once you get this tune from either Tucker or most likely DTP, you can modify the tune yourself. You can download the SCT Extreme tuning application to run on you home computer, however you need a serial to to serial cable.

As for the Diablo, I assume that it either comes with or they make available and application that you can modify the tune with on our pc as well. Again, a connector cable would be needed to connect to the pc.

You open the application on your computer, load or import the tune and modify what you want and "save" the tune on your hard drive. Then using the connector cable you connect the tuner to the pc and upload or import the tune. Then you take it out to the car and reflash with the modified tune. Always flash to stack prior to reflashing is suggested. Not sure why but I do it anyway.

EDIT: Just saw Bigworms remarks. Sorry to be a repeat here.... And the JLT tune is known to have worked with the MAC intake as well...