GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Question about CMDP's

Search this Thread

Old 7/26/07, 07:55 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Question about CMDP's

OK I got my cheap OEM plates from ebay. I brought them and the stock fuel rail for $1.25 ( I wanted the fuel rail and I'm just playing with the plates). I drilled out the 3 rivets that hold each plate to the rod. My question is, now that I've opened up the bore about 80 to 85% could I just leave the rod in and also keep the motor pluged in? Also would I still need a new tune, or does the new tune just turn off the plate motor?
I'm not sure what the Delete plate tune does to the fuel/ratio if any?
I'm just think here and playing around, I'm hoping somebody smarter than me could answer my questions and help me out.

Thanks
Old 7/26/07, 08:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes you need the tune to shut the motor off I believe. You also need to have the holes filled if you take the rod out.

You might be able to get away with the setup you have if the tune shuts off the motor and that is it. Not sure though.
Old 7/26/07, 11:23 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
If you're going to go through the hassle and labor of pulling the intake to install the CMCV's, don't short cut it by leaving the rods in.

Tune adjustment is required when installing CMCV Deletes.
Old 7/26/07, 11:52 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

And like my 1st post asked, what does the tune do??? Is it just turn the plate motor off or does it correct Air/Fuel ratio????. If it turns off the motor only than I might just try to play around one weekend.
If you think thating off your intake is a big hassle... I'm surprise that you have done all your own work.
I love to tinkler around with my car, it is not a DD but something for me to have fun with. If I screw something up big time (and I have done that with other cars and trucks) there are several Garages around me who can fix my mistakes.
So if I have a set of OEM Plates that I can play with and I find out what the Delete tune does or doesn't do I might one night that off my plates and install the other ones to see what it will do. And I will have saved myself $150 for the Delete plates and at least $75 for a new tune.. MMMM $225 possible saved by just asking a few questions and a night of work in the garage that I will enjoy.
As you can see by my Mod list I have done everything myself (plus several more not on the list). Hopefully this Winter's project or next will be a Saleen Supercharger that I would like to install myself. Now back to my orginal question What does the Delete tune do???

Old 7/26/07, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by dly
And like my 1st post asked, what does the tune do??? Is it just turn the plate motor off or does it correct Air/Fuel ratio????.
I am no tuner expert, but from what I understand, it does both, de-activate the control valve motor and adjust the fuel flow to compensate for the additional air flow.
Old 7/26/07, 03:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Just wondering but who'd you get your tunes from?
Old 7/26/07, 03:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Hey man- the tune is for the computer so that it doesn't think something is wrong with the car AND also for the engine, to help low speed driveability. I noticed my car idled a little funny after the delete plate install, and the tune took care of that. Oh and my car did not lose any lowend power at all like others have reported. That is of course with the tune coming from Brent.
Old 7/26/07, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by tom281
Oh and my car did not lose any lowend power at all like others have reported.
I didn't loose any low end power either, but then again, I have 4.10's.
Old 7/26/07, 04:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yep I have 4.10s too but in looking at dyno charts, there was no noticeable difference down low, which corresponds to my hi-tech BUTT-O-METER.
Old 7/26/07, 04:29 PM

Once I get my driveshaft installed, I'll make an appt with my dyno guy. I'm curious to see what the C&L Racer, UDP, CMDP, and DS will yield over my previous results. It better be something or else!
Old 7/26/07, 06:44 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

My tune is by Brentspeed (93 race)and I go Aug 9th to get it Dyno.

Hey Tom you coming up Aug 11 for the Mustang show in Elkhart??? I'll be there.
Old 7/26/07, 09:00 PM
Former Vendor

Definetly pull the rod out too. And they do clear the CMCV so that it is turned off. The rest of the adjustment is in the airfuel, etc. I won't go too into detail, but it's for sure going to need to be tweaked.

CR
Old 7/27/07, 12:01 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks That it what I wanted to know. Can you PM me your price on a tune that would work. All I have done to the engine is UDP, axle back exhaust and a aluminum driveshaft. 93 octane on the fuel. Still not sure if I'm going to do this or not. Plus I'm not sure how the rod pulls out, I'll been buzy working 12 hr shift at the Steel Mill so I'll not had alot of time to look at it.

thanks again
Old 7/27/07, 06:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dly

Hey Tom you coming up Aug 11 for the Mustang show in Elkhart??? I'll be there.

Probably...... I'll drive my 3rd place car likely.
Old 7/27/07, 07:26 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Well you might have a better chance cuz as a member of the club sponsering the show I can't enter. but there will be a separate vote for the members cars, the top 10 will all get the same prize.
Old 7/27/07, 07:46 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dly
Thanks That it what I wanted to know. Can you PM me your price on a tune that would work. All I have done to the engine is UDP, axle back exhaust and a aluminum driveshaft. 93 octane on the fuel. Still not sure if I'm going to do this or not. Plus I'm not sure how the rod pulls out, I'll been buzy working 12 hr shift at the Steel Mill so I'll not had alot of time to look at it.

thanks again
You got rid of the tunable ind. CAI? I was just going off your signature.

Ill send a PM over now.

CR
Tillman Speed
610-497-3711
Old 7/27/07, 10:11 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 7/27/07, 01:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by dly

thanks again
Wow without the intake you only have the pulleys really adding any power.....why take that off?? The DS frees up and couple too i guess
Old 7/27/07, 01:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Dly, do you seriously own a locomotive????? That is awesome if so. Do you also have a small track to run it on or anything??
Old 7/27/07, 04:02 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Webba
Dly, do you seriously own a locomotive????? That is awesome if so. Do you also have a small track to run it on or anything??

Well I don't own it but drive it (actually 3 of them) at work at the Steel Mill. But they do like us to take ownership of the equipment we work on at work. We have abot 5 miles of track that we move the loaded and unloaded cars around to keep production going.

Sorry forgot all about the Tuneable CAI on the Engine (was the 1st mod I did, along time ago (mmm....about a year ago).
Attachment 30585
Attached Thumbnails Question about CMDP's-dcp_0002.jpg  

Quick Reply: Question about CMDP's