GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Pypes mufflers - ok?

Search this Thread

Old 9/1/07, 01:20 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pypes mufflers - ok?

I am planning on getting a set of GTA style mufflers (nothing too loud, but more than stock). The Pypes are quite a bit cheaper than the FRPP ones. Does anyone have any experence with them? Is the quality any good?
Old 9/1/07, 04:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Pypes Violators are very loud!!!
Old 9/1/07, 04:48 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Here's a video of my car with Violators before and after off-road h pipe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM3EVQraxbI

FWIW, I love the Violators with and without the H pipe. They're a lot deeper than stock, but have a similar tone.
Old 9/1/07, 10:59 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,987 Likes on 1,611 Posts
They're definitely much deeper than stock..I use them with my factory catted H-pipe, and they sound just perfect with absolutely no drone..But once you floor the accelerator ? you'll really notice a very nice rumble, but nothing obnoxiously loud or overbearing..IMHO ! you just can't go wrong for both the $$$ and high quality construction, in which the Violators offer..
Old 9/2/07, 07:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Everything that they said is the truth. I've got the Violators on my car, and they sound amazing.

And the quality of them is spectacular, far and away the best constructed muffler I've ever had on my car. Even Bassani couldn't touch the craftsmanship of the Pypes mufflers
Old 9/2/07, 08:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Brenspeed sels a bunch of Pypes systems- they are surprisingly good for the money!!
Old 9/2/07, 10:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Do NOT recommend Pypes. I had poor placement of tips and hangers on mine.. BAD workmanship!!!!!!!
Definitely SUPER noisy with S/C application
Old 9/3/07, 08:48 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 07 HOSS Mustang
Do NOT recommend Pypes. I had poor placement of tips and hangers on mine.. BAD workmanship!!!!!!!
Definitely SUPER noisy with S/C application
You're among the minority. Most have had no problems. I didn't do any bending to get mine to fit. Just a slight turn of the passenger side over axle pipe and she was perfect.

Old 9/3/07, 09:26 AM
Cobra Member

You get what you pay for, and when I spent more then $450 for my ab's, I knew I was going to get the best sound ever, Bassani's.
Old 9/3/07, 11:49 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Mustangfreak
You get what you pay for, and when I spent more then $450 for my ab's, I knew I was going to get the best sound ever, Bassani's.
I've heard Bassani's in person, and prefer the Violators. Just because you buy the most expensive ones on the market, don't make them the best. $450 for a pair of mufflers is ridiculous. Bassani is ripping people off. They may have a great product, but it's not worth double what equivalent products from other companies cost. My off-road h pipe and mufflers together cost almost $100 less than that. I make more than enough money to afford the Bassani's. But I didn't feel like getting overcharged.
Old 9/3/07, 12:54 PM
NJ3
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DarkFireGT
I've heard Bassani's in person, and prefer the Violators. Just because you buy the most expensive ones on the market, don't make them the best. $450 for a pair of mufflers is ridiculous. Bassani is ripping people off. They may have a great product, but it's not worth double what equivalent products from other companies cost. My off-road h pipe and mufflers together cost almost $100 less than that. I make more than enough money to afford the Bassani's. But I didn't feel like getting overcharged.
That's why I bought mine used.

Anyone have a close up picture of the Violators installed?
Old 9/3/07, 01:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree about the pricing of Bassani, but I chose GTA's and would not have done anything otherwise.
Old 9/3/07, 02:25 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by DarkFireGT

Of all the combo's I've heard, I fell in love with the Bassani's in a heart beat. I had no other choice.
Old 9/3/07, 02:40 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Mustangfreak
Of all the combo's I've heard, I fell in love with the Bassani's in a heart beat. I had no other choice.
That's cool. If everyone thought the same thing sounded the best, we'd all have Flowmasters and no options. But having purchased several Pypes products, and knowing others that have, making comments like "You get what you pay for, and when I spent more then $450 for my ab's" implies that your mufflers are better because you spent more money. In reality, there's nothing wrong with Pypes products, and in fact, you personally happened to like the sound of Bassani's better, so spent the extra money.
Old 9/3/07, 07:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Violators

I have them...and i think they are great...especially for the money. I had JBA,Magnapacks,Hookers,and GTA's also...The GTA's were great...but i was in the try every muffler i could at the time stage..and sold them..i have the Pypes Violators on now...they sound great...virtually no drone..built very well..and stainless too. They are not loud...they are louder than stockers for sure...i have had these with stock "H"...and now catted "X"...still sound very deep and smooth..pretty lightweight also.IMO...great bang for the buck!
Old 9/3/07, 07:47 PM
Bullitt Member

just out of curiosity, i was wondering...i noticed theres a 2007+ hangar kit you can buy to replace the stock ones because it says Ford got cheap and replaced the ones that came on during the 05's - mid 07's. I have an 07 and was just wondering, how can i tell if i need to replace them? i was interested in buying the Pypers, especially since theyre only $210 on Americanmuscle.com

http://www.americanmuscle.com/pypes-...-violator.html
Old 9/3/07, 08:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

I recently installed a Bassani system for a guy on his '07. Way overpriced IMO. Lame tips, no polished mufflers and the passenger's side muffler hanger rod seemed to be welded an inch or two more forward than it should have been. Not impressed with the sound either. I like the sound of the Pypes systems. Magnaflow is also a very nice system, beautiful double walled tips, polished mufflers, perfect fit, no drone at all.
Old 9/3/07, 08:52 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by CrazyGreek89
just out of curiosity, i was wondering...i noticed theres a 2007+ hangar kit you can buy to replace the stock ones because it says Ford got cheap and replaced the ones that came on during the 05's - mid 07's. I have an 07 and was just wondering, how can i tell if i need to replace them? i was interested in buying the Pypers, especially since theyre only $210 on Americanmuscle.com

http://www.americanmuscle.com/pypes-...-violator.html
Just check your hangers. If they're only rubber, then you need them. If they're rubber and metal, then you don't.
Old 9/4/07, 10:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Another vote for the Violators.

Zero issues with centering them too. Complete install was about 45 minutes in my driveway with nothing but jackstands.

They are deep, nice rumble, sound good at WOT - better when cruising at 85-100.....
Old 9/4/07, 06:48 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,987 Likes on 1,611 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Brenspeed sels a bunch of Pypes systems- they are surprisingly good for the money!!
+1