GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Pypes mid muffler system

Search this Thread

Old 10/1/07, 10:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pypes mid muffler system

Anyone have the Pypes route66 mid muffler sysytem on their car...how do you like it? drone? Thanks
Old 10/2/07, 07:55 AM
nm3
Legacy TMS Member

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Couple of questions.... How do you like your Violator axle backs and what do you consider to be Upstate NY?
Old 10/2/07, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello fellow up-stater's! I'm putting in a call for B'spa/Toga!

Anyway... the good, the bad, the awesome!

soo, the Pypes mid's... I've run them since, sometime about late june/early july. Its a good solid system, a wee bit of a pain to get everything to lined up and rattle free, but some patience (which I have little of) is a synch.

Now that being said there are some querks (as there is in everything).
This system is clamptastic (there are a lot of clamps)! While some may be able to weld them or have them welded, I chose to get some high temp gasket material to use w/ the clamps for a good seal. Also the muffles sit real close to the gass tank, they are most likely plenty far enuph not to be any kind of risk... but I got me some high temp wraps from summit just to be on the safe side.

The Sound, o the Sound. I am running them w/ pypes O/R X and I LOVE the sound! They are a little ratty when cold but that clears in about 30 seconds , they have a great idle burble and she lets you know when kick the throttle, and can't say that I've noticed any drone... but then again I do drive nearly everywhere with the tunes cranked and the windows open... so if there is one, it minor.

All in all, I realy dig it. Glad I did it, and would do it again.

Have a good one
Old 10/2/07, 09:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by nm3
Couple of questions.... How do you like your Violator axle backs and what do you consider to be Upstate NY?
Hello...I live near Utica NY...about 90 miles west of you...and i like the Violators...very little drone...nice sound at WOT...and cruising...delete plates made them louder.
Old 10/2/07, 10:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ColdStone
Hello fellow up-stater's! I'm putting in a call for B'spa/Toga!

Anyway... the good, the bad, the awesome!

soo, the Pypes mid's... I've run them since, sometime about late june/early july. Its a good solid system, a wee bit of a pain to get everything to lined up and rattle free, but some patience (which I have little of) is a synch.

Now that being said there are some querks (as there is in everything).
This system is clamptastic (there are a lot of clamps)! While some may be able to weld them or have them welded, I chose to get some high temp gasket material to use w/ the clamps for a good seal. Also the muffles sit real close to the gass tank, they are most likely plenty far enuph not to be any kind of risk... but I got me some high temp wraps from summit just to be on the safe side.

The Sound, o the Sound. I am running them w/ pypes O/R X and I LOVE the sound! They are a little ratty when cold but that clears in about 30 seconds , they have a great idle burble and she lets you know when kick the throttle, and can't say that I've noticed any drone... but then again I do drive nearly everywhere with the tunes cranked and the windows open... so if there is one, it minor.

All in all, I realy dig it. Glad I did it, and would do it again.

Have a good one
Thanks for the info...with a long winter ahead...i was thinking about redoing my exhaust..i have only found one sound clip...and it wasn't that great cause the guy was spinning the tires too much..they have to sound good...due to the now "real" tailpipe...more pipe...is more sound...hate that these cars have mufflers way out back...
Old 10/3/07, 05:41 AM
nm3
Legacy TMS Member

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Pypes Violators....cont'd

Originally Posted by Fman67
Hello...I live near Utica NY...about 90 miles west of you...and i like the Violators...very little drone...nice sound at WOT...and cruising...delete plates made them louder.
What are the delete plates?

Also, how would you say they compare to the SLP Loudmouths? I drove a GT at a local dealer that had Loudmouths on a demo and I really liked them before I realized their was no muffler. I think I'd like a system that is similar (maybe a touch quieter) to the SLP LM but with an actual muffler.
Old 10/3/07, 06:19 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Installed my Mid-muffler system about 3 weeks ago, same comments as ColdStone, they are close to the tanks & I had to tweak the hangers on the R/H aft pipe a bit.
Sound is nice,no drone. I had a bit for the first week @ 2100, but now it's just tone.
Here's a short clip I made, it has a start-up, drive by, cruise w/windows down & a short clip w/windows up in town.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fANDdIp2GjY
Old 10/15/07, 03:33 PM
Cobra Member

Sounds like this is the way to go to get that old mustang sound out of these cars.
Old 10/15/07, 04:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by aircare84
Installed my Mid-muffler system about 3 weeks ago, same comments as ColdStone, they are close to the tanks & I had to tweak the hangers on the R/H aft pipe a bit.
Sound is nice,no drone. I had a bit for the first week @ 2100, but now it's just tone.
Here's a short clip I made, it has a start-up, drive by, cruise w/windows down & a short clip w/windows up in town.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fANDdIp2GjY

Sounds great Larry. It sound a lot like the Borla's I had. Sweeeet! Looking forward to seeing your car this week.
Scott
Old 10/15/07, 05:20 PM
V6 Member

Man that sound good. I can't wait to see the car this Saturday.