GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

pypes h-pipe no more?

Search this Thread

Old 1/26/08, 09:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pypes h-pipe no more?

i called brenspeed 10 minutes ago and they had told me they dont carry the pypes offroad h-pipe due to pypes going with new 4 piece modular design..... so my problem is i need to find a pypes off road h-pipe someone who has 1 left..... so if anyone knows who has one new or still carries them PLEASE LET ME KNOW IM ORDERING PARTS TODAY AND I WANT THAT H-PIPE....... 1 more question that bothers me is this they said with the MIL eliminators on my 08 gt that it wont work due to new wiring or some thing like that and i will need a tune...... is that true and what will happen with out them on a 08, please 08 owners chime in...... last question what is the difference sound wise between the pypes offroad h and x pipe....... the video on brenspeed of that combo is the sound i want
Old 1/26/08, 11:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

i answered all my questions....and i found the h pipe cheaper than the pypes and looks better from summit racing.....
Old 1/26/08, 12:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

i ordered my stuff i got the summit racing brand of road h pipe and flowmaster axel back and a hurst shifter......i will do a video & pics after i get my stuff and put it on
Old 1/26/08, 12:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It must suck replying to your own thread. I mean, the first 3 posts are yours. LOL

Just messin! Can't wait for the vids!
Old 1/26/08, 01:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

me either i want my parts now lmao
Old 1/26/08, 01:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Haha.
Youll like the setup, I ran the Pypes with flows and it was great, just a little too loud for my DD. And the fact that I work mornings, and the rest of my house works evenings, and I was getting yelled at for waking everyone up.
the flows rusted out, I put the stockers on with the O/R H and its great!! The sound is in between just flows, and flows with O/R-H.
Welded some 4" tips and Im back in business.

Interesting on the new pipe design tho.
Old 1/3/09, 10:29 AM
V6 Member

Is this still an issue with the Pypes H-pipe? I see Brenspeed is selling it again, so does that mean it's now back to the 2-piece design?

Polo, how did you like the quality of the Summit H-pipe? Thanks.
Old 1/3/09, 12:04 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Jaden
Is this still an issue with the Pypes H-pipe? I see Brenspeed is selling it again, so does that mean it's now back to the 2-piece design?

Polo, how did you like the quality of the Summit H-pipe? Thanks.
I would like to know also. I have GTA's for mufflers and have read with chamber mufflers to use an H-pipe instead of an X. My only hesitation is I have read many Horror stories about the Pypes H-pipe leaking.
Old 1/3/09, 01:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by JOEGTS
I would like to know also. I have GTA's for mufflers and have read with chamber mufflers to use an H-pipe instead of an X. My only hesitation is I have read many Horror stories about the Pypes H-pipe leaking.

You can fix the leaking by having it welded..... that's what I did to mine a few years ago, and it's been great since. Cost me like $8.50 to have it welded.
Old 1/3/09, 02:35 PM
Cobra Member

the reason the pypes h pipe is a 4 peice design now is for cost reasons, i read a while back that pypes was doing this to save money, so apparently they found a way to save money buy doing a four peice setup instead of 2. theres no problem with there h pipes, just a 4 peice setup.
Old 1/3/09, 02:40 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JOEGTS

the pypes h pipe i think they had a leak problem where it bolted to the shortyheader/stock manifold. when i ordered mine they had inserts you slipped in the bell mouths before bolting to the headers and that brought the pipes up a little more to fix that leak problem. the only other problem i heard from the pypes h pipes was where the H part formed, there was a leak there i believe but the clamp was not strong enough on mine to crush the pypes so i had to go aftermarket with that peice and was able to get the pipe crushed with a different clamp.
Old 1/3/09, 04:48 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
They went with a 4 piece to save on shipping, since their product's price is so low. Brenspeed only stopped carrying it for a couple of months while Pypes worked on leakage issues.
Old 1/3/09, 06:30 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by DarkFireGT
They went with a 4 piece to save on shipping, since their product's price is so low. Brenspeed only stopped carrying it for a couple of months while Pypes worked on leakage issues.
i knew it was one or the other, but thanks for clearing that up. i used to have the 4 peice design, and i hated it so i threw on the H pipe that came with my headers and now i love it.
Old 1/3/09, 07:05 PM
V6 Member

Anybody have experience with Summit's 2-piece design?
Old 1/3/09, 09:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Jaden
Anybody have experience with Summit's 2-piece design?
i forgot about this thread.....
anyways i have the summit racing h pipe on my car for a year now and no complaints what so ever still looks brand new and had no fitment issues with it...... yes everyone above is correct they only did that for shipping cost's but i really dont know if its back to a 2 piece design...... but i would highly reccomend the summit brand h pipe its 2 piece, cheaper, and looks the same......... i was told that its a cheap brand for h pipes and i would have fitment issues and the mufflers would not fit right.....

as you can see theyre perfectly set and no rattles or hits either

oh yeah jaden i see your from gainesville so check out that FSU tag

Last edited by polodinks; 1/3/09 at 09:20 PM.
Old 1/3/09, 09:26 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by polodinks
i forgot about this thread.....
anyways i have the summit racing h pipe on my car for a year now and no complaints what so ever still looks brand new and had no fitment issues with it...... yes everyone above is correct they only did that for shipping cost's but i really dont know if its back to a 2 piece design...... but i would highly reccomend the summit brand h pipe its 2 piece, cheaper, and looks the same......... i was told that its a cheap brand for h pipes and i would have fitment issues and the mufflers would not fit right.....

as you can see theyre perfectly set and no rattles or hits either

oh yeah jaden i see your from gainesville so check out that FSU tag
Thanks! I was just about to post a thread asking about the Summitt H-pipe. Mine will be paired up with Ford Racing GTA's. Hopefully it will sound good. Did you get any drone with the H-pipe? That's the main reason I went with the GTA's, they sound good and have zero drone.
Old 1/3/09, 09:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

drone yeah some at about 80-90mph in fifth gear on the highwaybut around town no not that i can notice to tell you the truth its really quiet in the car but as soon as you open the door its loud
Old 1/4/09, 08:50 AM
V6 Member

Hey Polo, I updated my avatar just for you. Thanks for the info on the Summit H-pipe. One last question, I noticed on Summit's website that their h-pipe is listed for 05-06 only. I assume they just haven't update their website and that there are no changes between 05-06 and 07-08?
Old 1/4/09, 10:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

love the avatar ......

yes there is no change in the h-pipe between 05 to 09..... the reason i couldent find it is cause i first started looking for exhaust parts for "08 mustangs" and it dident come up....... i checked 05 and came up, called up summit said there is no difference so yeah man get it you wont be disappointed. the only thing i would say to do when you get the exhaust set is have the H welded since mines leaked untill i had it welded but now no problems at all but make sure you get everything lined up first
Old 1/5/09, 10:55 AM
V6 Member

I have the summit x pipe on an 06 GT auto. It leaks at the manifold flanges. I found that the bell flange was too big and was hitting the flat part of the flange before the bell mated with the taper. I cut off part of the taper, reinstalled and it still leaked. Then I noticed that the x pipe flanges were bottoming out on the sholders on the factory manifold studs. I changed the the stock manifold studs (with sholders) to studs with no sholders and it still leaks. I dont know where to go from here. If i cant get this thing fixed, i'll just go back to my factory setup. Its just not worth the agrivation...

Quick Reply: pypes h-pipe no more?