GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Pypes H Pipe.... Any Tips?

Search this Thread

Old 2/20/07, 06:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pypes H Pipe.... Any Tips?

Well my Pypes OR H came in the mail today so I'll be instaling it tom... maybe tonight if I can't wait lol. I've got the car i'll jacked up and ready to go. So my question is, any tips o get those pesky manifold bolts loose? Besides WD40. If they're as hard to get off as I've heard, it'l take me awhile.

Any other tips would be good too.

(O by the way, I'll have my SLPs on until my Stingers get here rock n roll!
Old 2/20/07, 06:41 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you don't have the right tools, ie sockets w/ extensions, long extensions, etc - the go buy them. The right tools make the pesky job an easy job.

Also - I used a small bead of "Hondabond" (shhh) a high-temp gasket sealer on all the connections to prevent leaks. Nobody's told me any reason not to so far, and it hasn't created any problems. And best of all, no leaks as others have had.
Old 2/20/07, 06:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Soak them with the WD40 and have at it........ there are plenty of threads available on the swap process. Good luck!
Old 2/20/07, 06:44 PM
NJ3
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A good penetrating oil, a deep 6 point 15 mm socket, and a breaker bar is all you need. WD40 might do, but it's hardly oil.
Old 2/20/07, 06:57 PM
Cobra Member

Sweet... ok I'm "havin at it" right now haha

Sorry I couldn't find any threads about the instal?????
Old 2/20/07, 07:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
When you're done you have to post a sound clip. I've been wanting to hear what a set of SLP LOUDmouths w/Pypes O/R H sounds like. I've been told by quite a few that the set up is TOO loud, almost embarrassing. Also that the drone is headache inducing! Let me know how it goes. GOOD LUCK!
Old 2/20/07, 07:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Check out TacoBill's writeup.
Old 2/20/07, 09:08 PM
Cobra Member

I'll def get a clip up....I've been diein to do a movie on my new macbook
Old 2/20/07, 09:12 PM
Cobra Member

I want to hear also.
Old 2/20/07, 10:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

i did hear someone talk about an issue with the flanges on the H-pipe, i do not know if it has been resolved yet but i still think a couple of trimmed washers will fix it
Old 2/21/07, 12:53 AM
Cobra Member

well its late but i got the H on. And after letting her roll down the driveway to spare the neighborhood.... I found out what the SLPs and OR H soud like.
Before I go on let me remind everyone that I am 20 years old and loud usually means good in my book...

Supprisingly NOTHING like I thought. At idle, very nice, but not as loud as i was expecting. At any kind of acceleration, just gross. Not anything close to any straight through system I have ever heard. It was very raspy and not at all deep. It was just plain nasty. I expected somewhat of an open header feel or sound.... but nothing like that. I am def counting the days for the stingers. And I think I'll be putting my stockers back on til then. For those of you who still want a clip I'll get it too you. But it will prob be in some remote part of Austin where no one will know that the sound they hear is coming from a mustang...
Old 2/21/07, 12:56 AM
Cobra Member

O one more thing, when I pulled the stock H and I was letting the over the axel pype kind of rest near the ground, what looked and somewhat smelled like gas poured out both pipes. ????? I really hope thats normal. It was a very good amount, I'd say maybe a cup in each pipe. Is there really that much unburnt gas floating around in there?
Old 2/21/07, 05:06 AM
Team Mustang Source

If you want to stay loud and deeper, just wait till your Stingers arrive. You will grin ear to ear...your neighbors...not so much.
Old 2/21/07, 05:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by WuTimeUT
O one more thing, when I pulled the stock H and I was letting the over the axel pype kind of rest near the ground, what looked and somewhat smelled like gas poured out both pipes. ????? I really hope thats normal. It was a very good amount, I'd say maybe a cup in each pipe. Is there really that much unburnt gas floating around in there?

Caleb,
You can relax... what came out of your over the axle pipes was just water from condensation in the exhaust system. It is normal especially at this time of the year. Several weeks ago when I was working on putting on my GTA's that water ran all the way up to my arm pit when I pulled one of the pipes apart. That really sucked.
Scott
Old 2/21/07, 06:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Caleb,
Several weeks ago when I was working on putting on my GTA's that water ran all the way up to my arm pit when I pulled one of the pipes apart. That really sucked.
Scott

Old 2/21/07, 08:19 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Caleb,
You can relax... what came out of your over the axle pipes was just water from condensation in the exhaust system. It is normal especially at this time of the year. Several weeks ago when I was working on putting on my GTA's that water ran all the way up to my arm pit when I pulled one of the pipes apart. That really sucked.
Scott
Don't let Scott fool you Caleb! when you get old like Scott you dig water running up your arm! you take any thrill you can get!...
Old 2/21/07, 09:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Soak them with the WD40 and have at it........ there are plenty of threads available on the swap process. Good luck!
Most of them are probably yours. What did you finally end up with?

+1 on waiting for your Stingers to put the H on. Your neighbors are not going to like you with the SLP's. Have fun and watch your knuckles.
Old 2/21/07, 09:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 05-1947
Most of them are probably yours. What did you finally end up with?

Thanks.......... right now I'm still running the Bassani catted X with Borla catback but I'm debating on buying longtubes, offroad X, and resonators to go along with the Borla.
Old 2/21/07, 09:57 AM
Cobra Member

haha, well its good to hear that thats normal. I personally didn't enjoy the river that came my way. lol...

O yeah its time to make sound clips!
Old 2/21/07, 11:09 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Hey Caleb, this is for you for forgetting about my 'How-To' thread.

Glad the swap successful though.

I know the O/R-H and Stinger combo is a hot debate right now, but I wouldn't change my set-up for the world!

Quick Reply: Pypes H Pipe.... Any Tips?