GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Predators, Mustangs, and Crack

Search this Thread

Old 7/26/05, 08:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

So...I tried to upgrade my predator to rev.22 today....more on that in a mo'...

I downloaded the factory tune back into my mustang in preperation of the v.22 upgrade....well...i didn't get it done in time ( boy...I love windows xp...not!). So I had to drive my car home with factory tune...holy crap! :shock:

No bottom end...none. Where lately with the mods working good I really have to watch how fast I let the clutch out....I felt like I could just dump the thing and wouldn't even spin the tires.

Mid-range...yeah...butt-o-meter said it was half there. :notnice:

Top end...ok...about the same...but after 6000 rpm it was like hitting a wall...probably would not even reach the rev limiter. :scratch:

I have SLP loudmouth and the car sounded like a truck....no roar....not even at WOT.

Suprising difference. I have over the last few months I reset my mpg on the computer and did an impromptu test on the way to work (mixture of city and highway).

With tune 15.8 (over 21 miles)
without tune 16.9 (same route)
Note: this is a very informal test...just thought that was strange....

Now, if I can just get that *%)$_@ predator to talk to my computer....might have to get a USB adapter (RipOff Shack). It is very frustrating that the IT guy is having problems getting a computer to work. (maybe I shouldn't have done it at work...but we have a T1 line... ...well...it sounded good).

Jay
Old 7/26/05, 08:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Lime05owner@July 26, 2005, 8:36 PM
So...I tried to upgrade my predator to rev.22 today....more on that in a mo'...

I downloaded the factory tune back into my mustang in preperation of the v.22 upgrade....well...i didn't get it done in time ( boy...I love windows xp...not!). So I had to drive my car home with factory tune...holy crap! :shock:

No bottom end...none. Where lately with the mods working good I really have to watch how fast I let the clutch out....I felt like I could just dump the thing and wouldn't even spin the tires.

Mid-range...yeah...butt-o-meter said it was half there. :notnice:

Top end...ok...about the same...but after 6000 rpm it was like hitting a wall...probably would not even reach the rev limiter. :scratch:

I have SLP loudmouth and the car sounded like a truck....no roar....not even at WOT.

Suprising difference. I have over the last few months I reset my mpg on the computer and did an impromptu test on the way to work (mixture of city and highway).

With tune 15.8 (over 21 miles)
without tune 16.9 (same route)
Note: this is a very informal test...just thought that was strange....

Now, if I can just get that *%)$_@ predator to talk to my computer....might have to get a USB adapter (RipOff Shack). It is very frustrating that the IT guy is having problems getting a computer to work. (maybe I shouldn't have done it at work...but we have a T1 line... ...well...it sounded good).
Jay
Should have bought a SCT2.
Old 7/26/05, 08:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jay,

I had a problem where Windows background crapola interefered with the connection between my PC and the Predator. Fortunately, someone from another site provided me with the "clean boot" fix (see below). I have saved this info as a Word file so I can refer back to it. I have used it a couple times.

Good luck.

==============================

Make sure parity and buad rates are the same in the computer's BIOS as well as the Predator. You could also try decresing the BUAD rate. Drop it down one step at a time until it works.

You should also try a "clean boot" of the computer. This will ensure that no other programs are interfering with the process.

Do this using the following steps; assuming Windows XP again:
1) Click "Start / run
2) In the run box, remove anything that might be already there and type "msconfig" and hit enter on the keyboard.
3) The "System Configuration Utility" window will appear.
4) The "General" tab should already be selected.
5) Choose "Selective startup"
6) Remove the check mark from "Load Startup items"
7) Now click the "Services" tab.
8) At the bottom BELOW the list of items you will see "Hide all Microsoft services" Place a check mark inside the box.
9) Click the "Disable all" button in the lower right hand side.
10) Click "Apply"
11) Click "OK" and restart the computer when prompted.After the computer restarts, a message windows will appear. Click "Do no show this dialogue box again..." and hit ok.

Try communicating with the Predator again.This will totally eliminate anything which is not absolutley essential that may have been running in the background.

When you are done testing, Click Start / run again and bring up the system config utility again and return the computer to normal startup.
Old 7/26/05, 10:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally posted by Lime05owner@July 26, 2005, 9:36 PM
(maybe I shouldn't have done it at work...but we have a T1 line... ...well...it sounded good).
Jay

The tunes cant be that big? lol. most dialup Im sure would d/l it quick.