GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Popping in the rear end

Search this Thread

Old 7/21/05, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all,

Recently I have noticed a singe "pop" sound in the rear end when I am coming to a stop. It happens just before I come to a complete stop and sounds a little like the sound a pop can makes when a dent in the side pops out, though not as loud. It sounds like its coming from the rear end of the vehicle. Yes I have checked to see that there is nothing rolling around in the trunk. :scratch:

I searched the TSB's and couldn't find anything that resembled this. It doesn't happen with every stop, and seems to happen with the same frequency on easy slow stops and hard fast stops.

FYI- I just got the fuel tank replaced a few weeks ago.

Anyone else had this noise or similar? Any ideas on what may be going on?
Old 7/21/05, 10:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Welcome to the forums!

Is your car an auto or manual? It might be something related to the new tank. Something isn't bolted down right, or they damaged something. Perhaps a loose driveshaft? Only other thing I can think of is a brake caliper or pad that is shifting as you come to a stop.

Get it looked at ASAP.
Old 7/21/05, 12:20 PM

Thanks for the welcome. Ive been lurking for a long time, but never really had anything pressing to post.

It is a manual transmission. I really didn't think too much about it at first, but the more I do, the more I get worried. I need to take it in to get the Shaker replaced again :bang: because they didn't follow the TSB instructions and now the backlights dont work. I'll have them look at it then.

I just wondered if anyone else had this problem so I could point them in the right direction. I just always imagine that they get people come in everyday with weird noises and they dont really look at them too much without something specific to look for.