GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

POLY BUSHING QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 7/15/11, 07:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
POLY BUSHING QUESTION

has anyone used the Poly Bushing kit on an '07 as i am thinking of going for the American Muscle Kit from prothane but want to make sure I am doing the right thing. I have heard they are not as good as rubber as well as I have heard they are better then rubber.
Any thoughts or experiences?
Old 7/15/11, 03:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pilatti1
has anyone used the Poly Bushing kit on an '07 as i am thinking of going for the American Muscle Kit from prothane but want to make sure I am doing the right thing. I have heard they are not as good as rubber as well as I have heard they are better then rubber.
Any thoughts or experiences?

What do you do with the vehicle?

Are you looking to improve braking/handling and acceleration, all at the same time? If so, get the bushings.

If not, keep the weak, stock rubber bushings in there and get used to the nose diving under braking, the top tipping in corners and the back squatting like a dog taking a dook under acceleration!

The ONLY time polyurethane is not better than rubber is if your grandma is going to be driving the car(even then, she may be a gearhead and love it!).
Old 7/15/11, 07:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
What do you do with the vehicle?

Are you looking to improve braking/handling and acceleration, all at the same time? If so, get the bushings.

If not, keep the weak, stock rubber bushings in there and get used to the nose diving under braking, the top tipping in corners and the back squatting like a dog taking a dook under acceleration!

The ONLY time polyurethane is not better than rubber is if your grandma is going to be driving the car(even then, she may be a gearhead and love it!).
I am looking for improvement in all areas but mostly there is a clunk(knock) when hitting small bumps so I figure it is time to replace them as I have 66k on my daily driver. I am a spirited driver, quick off the line, fast thru the curves so i want to be firmly planted on the road.