GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Pics/Vids As Requested-Pypes Mid Muffler/ Catted Prochamber

Search this Thread

Old 10/28/08 | 07:46 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Pics/Vids As Requested-Pypes Mid Muffler/ Catted Prochamber

I posted this on another site but figure I would put it here being as I got some questions from here aswell

FWD-
Don't know why but have been getting a few requests for pics and vids of my exhaust. I had nothing to do today so I went ahead and took some pics and made a short vid.

I was asked where I welded in the bullet cats. This pics shows the bullet cats, prochamber, then the mid mufflers.

This is a link to the cats-

http://www.ninosport.com/Eastern-Met...llet-Cat-79125

This is a side pic of the prochamber and mid mufflers

And this is a pic of my slp LM tips with the mid mufflers underneath.

This is the vid, I did two different takes of revs-Prochamber with welded in bullet cats, pypes mid muffler with slp LM tips out back...This is stock headers. At 1:47 I think it gives a good idea of the tone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DnrvT6xMfw

Last edited by SONICBOOST; 10/28/08 at 10:27 PM.
Old 10/28/08 | 09:06 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

sounds about perfect....

i love the way the prochamber sounds, what did it cost you to have it put in with the pypes system?

if i ever change mine im adding the prochamber, it would sound killer with the pypes mid muffs and my longtubes.
Old 10/29/08 | 10:40 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by n8rfastback
sounds about perfect....

i love the way the prochamber sounds, what did it cost you to have it put in with the pypes system?

if i ever change mine im adding the prochamber, it would sound killer with the pypes mid muffs and my longtubes.
Thanks, I had the prochamber before the mid mufflers. I was charged $80 to have the prochamber installed. If i wasn't in California I would have longtubes!!! I would love to hear what this system would sound like with longtubes

Last edited by SONICBOOST; 10/29/08 at 10:43 PM.
Old 10/30/08 | 07:21 AM
Cobra Member

Sounds great!

..I still need to get my Prochamber's down-pipe to mid-pipe seems welded up. I've got alittle leak that just won't go away.
Old 10/30/08 | 03:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

I like it, it's a nice raw sound, but not nasty. I've got mid mufflers that look similar to the pypes (magnaflow resonators I believe?) with no axle back mufflers (slp) and today at the shop a prochamber just replaced the stock crossover pipe. I have stock cats, hopfully it'll sound nice :-) These mustangs are so finicky when it comes to the exhaust sound :-(

Last edited by Error404; 10/30/08 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10/30/08 | 03:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sound awesome. Did the shop give you any trouble about cutting out the stock cats and putting the high flow cats?
Old 10/31/08 | 12:55 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by Error404
I like it, it's a nice raw sound, but not nasty. I've got mid mufflers that look similar to the pypes (magnaflow resonators I believe?) with no axle back mufflers (slp) and today at the shop a prochamber just replaced the stock crossover pipe. I have stock cats, hopfully it'll sound nice :-) These mustangs are so finicky when it comes to the exhaust sound :-(
Some will say there is not that much of a difference between highflow cats and the stock cats but there is, you just need the right cat. The cats I have flow inbetween the stock cats and offroad pipes, they give the perfect volume IMO. Stock cats are too restrictive..
Old 10/31/08 | 12:56 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by jedikd
Sound awesome. Did the shop give you any trouble about cutting out the stock cats and putting the high flow cats?
I had the cats welded into my offroad prochamber pipes...
Old 10/31/08 | 01:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SONICBOOST
Some will say there is not that much of a difference between highflow cats and the stock cats but there is, you just need the right cat. The cats I have flow inbetween the stock cats and offroad pipes, they give the perfect volume IMO. Stock cats are too restrictive..
I'm actually wanting my exhaust to be a bit louder, I may see about putting some high flow cats on there. Which ones do you have?

At first I just had the SLP pipes in the rear, and it was a bit to loud, then had the magnaflow resonators put in before the rear axle. Now I want a bit more volume, somewhere inbetween
Old 11/1/08 | 02:22 PM
Cobra Member

NICE!
Old 11/2/08 | 08:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

I got the prochamber on mine, just got back from a trip. Man mine sounds horrible, haha! It sounds really raspy and raw (but not very loud). Seems like the farther away I get from stock exhaust with flowmaster muffles, the worse it sounds. I love the flowmasters with stock exhaust, I just wish they were louder! My quest for a nice, louder sound with cats, is ending. I'm going back to stock exhaust with flowmasters and forget about trying to make it louder.
Old 11/3/08 | 10:09 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I got the prochamber on mine, just got back from a trip. Man mine sounds horrible, haha! It sounds really raspy and raw (but not very loud). Seems like the farther away I get from stock exhaust with flowmaster muffles, the worse it sounds. I love the flowmasters with stock exhaust, I just wish they were louder! My quest for a nice, louder sound with cats, is ending. I'm going back to stock exhaust with flowmasters and forget about trying to make it louder.
Thats why I do not like the flows and got rid of them, they are raspy period. I thought you had the mid muffler system and were getting the prochamber installed. I would keep the prochamber and ditch the flowmasters. I have flows on my truck and love them but the american thunder system for this car is no good IMO!!! They sound ok with stock exhaust but are way too mellow. If you take off the cats or put highflows on ( or try to open up the exhaust) with the flows it gets really raspy...

Last edited by SONICBOOST; 11/3/08 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11/3/08 | 10:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thats why I do not like the flows and got rid of them, they are raspy period. I thought you had the mid muffler system and were getting the prochamber installed. I would keep the prochamber and ditch the flowmasters. I have flows on my truck and love them but the american thunder system for this car SUCKS!!!
No, I USED to have flowmasters (with an otherwise stock exhaust). Then (wanting something louder) I went for SLP loudmouths, but they were a little too loud. So, I had magnaflow resonators installed before the rear axle. But in the upper RPM the tone started getting ratty sounding, so I had the factory h-pipe swapped for the prochamber, and now it sounds even worse
Old 11/3/08 | 10:19 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

No, I USED to have flowmasters (with an otherwise stock exhaust). Then (wanting something louder) I went for SLP loudmouths, but they were a little too loud. So, I had magnaflow resonators installed before the rear axle. But in the upper RPM the tone started getting ratty sounding, so I had the factory h-pipe swapped for the prochamber, and now it sounds even worse
I did the same, flow then slp LM HAHA...You still have stock cats?
Old 11/3/08 | 10:26 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Also, if you wanna sell the prochamber I know someone that is looking for one
Old 11/3/08 | 10:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

I did the same, flow then slp LM HAHA...You still have stock cats?
Yes, I still have the stock cats and headers. At least while I'm still living here in California, I want to keep those two items stock. I'm going to go back to the flowmasters and stock exhaust for now, but I really do want something louder that still has a nice tone. I really love the sound of the flowmasters, just wish they were louder :-\

Also, if you wanna sell the prochamber I know someone that is looking for one
I probably will sell it, I'll contact you once it's out of the car.
Old 11/4/08 | 10:38 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Yes, I still have the stock cats and headers. At least while I'm still living here in California, I want to keep those two items stock. I'm going to go back to the flowmasters and stock exhaust for now, but I really do want something louder that still has a nice tone. I really love the sound of the flowmasters, just wish they were louder :-\

I probably will sell it, I'll contact you once it's out of the car.
You're so close to having such a great sound. Why go backwards and have the flows put on? It sounds like you need more of a muffler back there because the resonators aren't doing enough. Try the m80 mufflers installed in place of the resonators ( the m80's are not that expensive). It would be impossible to not like the sound. I get so many compliments now I can not even count them up, and if you did not like the sound I will pay for you to switch your exhaust back

Last edited by SONICBOOST; 11/4/08 at 10:50 AM.
Old 11/4/08 | 12:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

You're so close to having such a great sound. Why go backwards and have the flows put on? It sounds like you need more of a muffler back there because the resonators aren't doing enough. Try the m80 mufflers installed in place of the resonators ( the m80's are not that expensive). It would be impossible to not like the sound. I get so many compliments now I can not even count them up, and if you did not like the sound I will pay for you to switch your exhaust back
The M80, is that the mufflers you have? Can they be purchased as just the muffler? or does it come as an entire setup only?

I know if I go back to the flowmasters, I'm eventually going to be tempted to try another setup to get it louder. Since the prochamber and SLP "mufflers" are already on there, I might as well give the M80s a shot.
Old 11/4/08 | 03:57 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

The M80, is that the mufflers you have? Can they be purchased as just the muffler? or does it come as an entire setup only?

I know if I go back to the flowmasters, I'm eventually going to be tempted to try another setup to get it louder. Since the prochamber and SLP "mufflers" are already on there, I might as well give the M80s a shot.
Definently! You can buy the m80 mufflers by themselves. This is the muffler that comes with the pypes mid muffler system. They seem somewhat quiet at first but after a few day of breaking in they really open up...Gor for it, you will not be disappointed!

Edit- When you say slp "mufflers", you mean the loudmouths which are just the tips and not actual slp mufflers right? If you have just the tips definently try the m80's...

Last edited by SONICBOOST; 11/4/08 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11/6/08 | 03:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

The M80's arrived today (**** that was fast, lol!) Yes, I have the slp loudmouths. I liked them, but they were a little too loud.

Hopfully my car will go back into the shop in the next week or so (still need to get it tuned and has a throttle body issue) the mufflers will hopfully go in at that time too. I'll give them a few weeks to settle in (they look like they are a glass pack?) before I make my decision to keep the Prochamber and mid-muffler setup, or go back to the flowmasters.

Quick Reply: Pics/Vids As Requested-Pypes Mid Muffler/ Catted Prochamber