GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Oil Change = Different Alarm Function?

Search this Thread

Old 3/31/05, 06:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I took Betty in for her 5k mile service. I flashed the computer back to the stock tune just in case they checked.

Before I went in, whenever I would lock the doors with the FOB the lights would blink and the horn would honk twice.

When I got my car back, the first thing I did was plug the diablo in and upload the 91 tune (which was funny since I did it in their parking lot). As soon as I plugged the diablo in, it acted like it was the first time being plugged in to the car (ie it backed up the stock tune again). So they DID update/look at my cars computer (glad I changed it back to stock!).

Drove the car, everything was fine...same hp/trq feeling and throttle response with the 91 tune as I had pre my car going in. Got home, locked the car with the FOB as I was walking away.

No double honk. I turn arround. Again I hit it, and the lights just flashed. I heard the doors lock though. You should have seen the look on my face.

So my question is....just for the 5k service, which on my receipt shows new oil change, rotated tires, and lubed chasis.....what did they do to my car to get rid of the double honk arming and also it no longer honks when I disarm/unlock the car? And why did they fool with my computer?

PS...I do have the A. theft from Ford.
Old 3/31/05, 06:49 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No answers here... just a couple of thoughts.

1) I don't have the A Theft. The first time I hit the lock button the lights flash and doors lock. If I hit the lock button twice quickly, then I get the single confirmation beep. So, maybe they stole your anti-theft? J/K

2) I'm not sure about ours, but in most cars you can program the lock features to work how you want. ie. confirmation beep vs no beep, etc.

3) As far as the flash/tune, etc. I know nothing of how those work.

4) Tell them of the change and ask them why... see what they say and let us know.

Why did you have your LOF done at the dealer anyway? Was the first one free?
Old 3/31/05, 07:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Double honk... I think that is when something is ajar. Perhaps your hood, passenger door, or trunk was ajar when you locked the car?
Old 3/31/05, 07:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

I have the anti-theft, and I've never heard a double honk.

I get this:

Press lock button once, front parking lights and rear taillights flash once.

Press lock button a second time, horn honks once (no lights flash).
Old 3/31/05, 07:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just went downstairs and left one of my doors ajar. It duplicated the double honk you were talking about, Surf. I then did it with the trunk and it did the double honk again.

So then I got curious and I looked this up in the owners manual. Sure enough, it says that if anything is ajar on the car and you attempt to lock the doors with the FOB, it will honk twice.
Old 3/31/05, 08:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

yeah i can confirm the above with the double honk when something is ajar only
Old 3/31/05, 08:48 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by SurfnSoCal@March 31, 2005, 7:21 PM
So I took Betty in for her 5k mile service. I flashed the computer back to the stock tune just in case they checked.

Before I went in, whenever I would lock the doors with the FOB the lights would blink and the horn would honk twice.

When I got my car back, the first thing I did was plug the diablo in and upload the 91 tune (which was funny since I did it in their parking lot). As soon as I plugged the diablo in, it acted like it was the first time being plugged in to the car (ie it backed up the stock tune again). So they DID update/look at my cars computer (glad I changed it back to stock!).

Drove the car, everything was fine...same hp/trq feeling and throttle response with the 91 tune as I had pre my car going in. Got home, locked the car with the FOB as I was walking away.

No double honk. I turn arround. Again I hit it, and the lights just flashed. I heard the doors lock though. You should have seen the look on my face.

So my question is....just for the 5k service, which on my receipt shows new oil change, rotated tires, and lubed chasis.....what did they do to my car to get rid of the double honk arming and also it no longer honks when I disarm/unlock the car? And why did they fool with my computer?

ive never left anything ajar, but i know it only flashes , unless you hit the lock button twice quickly. no double honk for me yet.
Old 3/31/05, 10:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

just curious, what does the 5K oil change checkup cost about?
Old 3/31/05, 10:23 PM
Bullitt Member

it no longer honks when I disarm/unlock the car? And why did they fool with my computer?

[/quote]

Before you took it to get it serviced it honkedwhen you unlocked your car? Its never honked when i'm unlocking the car only when i press the key FOB the second time to lock it
Old 3/31/05, 10:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Its never honked when i'm unlocking the car only when i press the key FOB the second time to lock it
Same for mine.
Old 3/31/05, 10:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

1) I bought the extended warrenty. Every service is paid for up to 75k miles.

2) unless for the last 2 months something has been ajar every time I locked the car....I doubt it. Also, I already knew of this "ajar feature"...but pre me taking my car in....it would honk THREE times if something was ajar OR I left the any light(s) on.

Yes...when I would hit the lock button once on the FOB it would honk twice (very short honks). Same when I would unlock it.

One other thing I just remembered, when I would get in the car...and then close the door...and push the door lock button on the driver door....the alarm would arm, lights flash, and honk twice. If I then tried to start the car...the alarm would go off.

could it be....I had an old "computer", hence my screwy alarm, and so when they checked in my car....something was flagged to update my car's computer. Thus, my alarm now functions properly (although I don't like the fact that I don't get a beep or honk when I lock the door) and my diablo had to be updated like it was being hooked up to a new car.
Old 3/31/05, 11:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by SurfnSoCal@March 31, 2005, 9:34 PM
could it be....I had an old "computer", hence my screwy alarm, and so when they checked in my car....something was flagged to update my car's computer. Thus, my alarm now functions properly (although I don't like the fact that I don't get a beep or honk when I lock the door) and my diablo had to be updated like it was being hooked up to a new car.
An old "computer" in a two month old car? Possibly, but doubtful. My car was built in October so is about three months older than yours. Maybe you had a newer program and now have an old one like the rest of us??? I dunno!

I wish the alarm functioned like you described, which is more like the one I had in my '03.

If we could only find someone else who's alarm is working the way you describe.

BTW, did anyone find that separate sounder the active anti-theft is supoosed to have?
Old 4/1/05, 09:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

Sounds like yours is working like everyone else's now. I'm pretty sure the horn doesn't sound the first time you press the lock button (lights only) as a courtesy feature. If I'm locking the car late at night, I'd rather not have the horn honking and possibly waking up the neighbors.

During the day, I just press lock twice so I can hear the horn confirmation.
Old 4/1/05, 02:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Richard, when you flash your car back to the stock tune with the Predator you are in effect clearing the memory of the device. So, when you go to load a performance tune back into your car it must save your stock tune all over again.

Having the Predator save your stock tune again is not indicative of the dealership doing anything to your car's computer.
Chris
Old 4/1/05, 02:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

oh thanks Chris...I didn't know that
Old 4/1/05, 04:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

yea, double honk is either a door is open or the trunk is open!
Old 4/1/05, 05:06 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

yeah well, like I said...I would get a double honk every time I would lock the car...for the last 2 months. I doubt I was leaving something ajar or on every time.
Old 4/2/05, 08:33 AM
FR500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Even if u had somethine ajar wouldnt the dome lamp turn on??? or see the light in the trunk/hood?
Old 4/2/05, 08:52 AM
FR500 Member

Maybe you had a sensor that "thought" something was ajar when you locked your car and the dealer noticed, and fixed the problem.
Old 4/2/05, 09:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Yeah - that's my vote. Maybe something (switch or sensor) was llose or bad. Mine only honks twice if something is ajar. Good luck with that.

Quick Reply: Oil Change = Different Alarm Function?