GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

O/R Prochamber owners.........

Search this Thread

Old 2/28/06, 04:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Question for all you offroad prochamber owners.........

Do you have the trumpeting at around 2500 rpm? If so what mufflers are you running with the prochamber?

Thanks.
Old 2/28/06, 05:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back when I had the o/r prochamber on my car, yes I had the trumpeting. I had Flowmasters.

It didnt sound too bad with the stock mufflers though. Still trumpeted a little.
Old 2/28/06, 06:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

I must not have the trumpet sound, cause I don't have any sound I don't like. I have Flowmasters, O/R Prochamber but, I also have MAC Longtubes.
Old 2/28/06, 07:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

2 responses from 2 fellow Hoosiers, both of which using Brenspeed tunes, too. I smell fun once spring arrives........Thanks for your responses.

Keep'em coming guys!
Old 2/28/06, 11:02 PM
Cobra Member

without cats off our 3v engines trumpeting Will occur, it just wont be AS noticable with different mufflers.

-Dan
Old 3/1/06, 05:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cleveland is right...it has something to do with the 3 valve design. Right now I am running the o/r h-pipe and Flowmasters and it does the same thing.

A lot of people arent as, and I hate to say this, as **** as we are when it comes to the trumpeting sound. Most people dont even notice it, unless I point it out to them. I get nothing but compliments on the sound. Only thing is for those of us who do notice it, its like fingernails on a chalkboard....but I dont think there is anything we can do about it right now.
Old 3/1/06, 06:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(holeshot @ March 1, 2006, 7:28 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
A lot of people arent as, and I hate to say this, as **** as we are when it comes to the trumpeting sound. Most people dont even notice it, unless I point it out to them. I get nothing but compliments on the sound. Only thing is for those of us who do notice it, its like fingernails on a chalkboard....but I dont think there is anything we can do about it right now.
[/b][/quote]

Yep, I've gotten pretty **** about it.......... I was set on installing the Cervini's side exhaust kit since it has what in effect are "tailpipes" after the mufflers, but I just couldn't justify the added expense. So, I ordered a Corsa system which should be here today or tomorrow and I'll try it with the offroad H to see how it sounds.

I was mainly wondering about the Prochamber because I was "assuming" that it would have slightly more restriction than the o/r H, but not as much as the stock cats. This restriction or actually the lack of it is what seems to cause the trumpeting, or atleast what makes it too noticeable for some people.

Thanks,

Tom
Old 3/1/06, 08:05 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tom281 @ February 28, 2006, 9:07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
2 responses from 2 fellow Hoosiers, both of which using Brenspeed tunes, too. I smell fun once spring arrives........Thanks for your responses.
Keep'em coming guys!
[/b][/quote]

It'll be 3 Hoosiers soon. I'll be using the add-on ProChamber with Borla Stingers and Brent's tune. Should be fun.
Old 3/1/06, 09:00 AM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Infinity @ March 1, 2006, 10:08 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
It'll be 3 Hoosiers soon. I'll be using the add-on ProChamber with Borla Stingers and Brent's tune. Should be fun.
[/b][/quote]

Where about's in indiana is everyone from? i'm from angola. my car is getting built week of march 20th. after 5 months waiting. already have the loudmouths ordered!

kenneth
Old 3/1/06, 09:50 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Infinity @ March 1, 2006, 7:08 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Will you keep us posted on what your result's are and did you get the prochamber that bolt's to the stock cat's! That should sound amazing [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon24.gif[/img]
Old 3/1/06, 10:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have the ProChamber w/stock cats and Hooker AeroChambers. Not really sure what this "trumpeting" sound you guys are talking about, but I do have a drone at 2500RPM. If I keep it a hair above or below that, she's nice and smooth. But at 2500RPM, anything loose in the car vibrates or buzzes (coins in the cupholder, garage remote on the visor). Eventually I'll be going with LT's and the ProChamber
Old 3/1/06, 10:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(06VISTA @ March 1, 2006, 11:03 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Where about's in indiana is everyone from? i'm from angola. my car is getting built week of march 20th. after 5 months waiting. already have the loudmouths ordered!

kenneth
[/b][/quote]

From just south of Fort Wayne........ 5 months of waiting? Wow! I bought my Vista off the lot back during the first week of September. You have more patience than me, for sure.
Old 3/1/06, 12:54 PM
Cobra Member

Sellersburg area- just north of the Ohio River.

2005Sonicgt- I'll try to record some sound clips, but I don't know how long it will be. I have the funds now, I'm just looking for the best prices.
Old 3/1/06, 04:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Infinity @ March 1, 2006, 10:08 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Hi Aaron,
How soon are you going to have the complete set up? I all ready have the Borla cat back system and love it. I have been toying with the idea of the o.r prochamber but have been reading all the bad press about the trumpeting and have been holding back looking for some input from someone with this setup.
Thanks Scott [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/1/06, 05:13 PM
Cobra Member

I'll pull the trigger as soon as I find a good price on the parts. I can get the FRPP Stingers for $380 at RPMOutlet, and I can only find the PC at MAC's online store for $299. If someone helps me find this stuff a bit less expensive, I'll get soundclips quicker [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] I just cannot find the PC much of anywhere, and I haven't found the FRPP's any cheaper.
Old 3/1/06, 05:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Infinity @ March 1, 2006, 7:16 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'll pull the trigger as soon as I find a good price on the parts. I can get the FRPP Stingers for $380 at RPMOutlet, and I can only find the PC at MAC's online store for $299. If someone helps me find this stuff a bit less expensive, I'll get soundclips quicker [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] I just cannot find the PC much of anywhere, and I haven't found the FRPP's any cheaper.
[/b][/quote]

Aaron,
I have not seen the prochamber any cheaper than $300. Think that is as good as it gets. How far are you from Richmond?? I am 40 miles and can see a road trip in my future!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Scott
Old 3/1/06, 05:46 PM
Cobra Member

I'm actually about 5-10 minutes north of Louisville, KY. Even when/if I order more parts from Brent, I'll get my buddy to order them so I can save the sales tax [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 3/1/06, 05:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Infinity @ March 1, 2006, 7:49 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm actually about 5-10 minutes north of Louisville, KY. Even when/if I order more parts from Brent, I'll get my buddy to order them so I can save the sales tax [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/1/06, 05:50 PM
Cobra Member

Well, I've just discovered that MAC doesn't take PayPal. F'em. I have an e-mail into Brenspeed anyway, I'd rather support him as it is.
Old 3/1/06, 05:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I found the offroad prochamber that I think you're talking about for $285. Check it out: here

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Infinity @ March 1, 2006, 7:16 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

The FRPP stingers are on backorder at RPMoutlet until April, atleast that's what I've been told.

Quick Reply: O/R Prochamber owners.........