GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

New Tune needed

Search this Thread

Old 6/19/07, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Tune needed

I bought my xcal 2 from Bama awhile back.I sold my manual Gt and bought an 06 Gt auto.I need a new tune for my automatic.Does Doug charge for a new tune?? If so How much? I have emailed him and called many times in the past few days with no response.
Old 6/19/07, 07:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

I would think so, he still has to do the work.
Old 6/19/07, 08:23 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
He probably will, he's a good guy. I can't say what he did for me as far as tunes go but let's just say he went above and beyond!
Old 6/19/07, 09:16 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,788 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimp
He probably will, he's a good guy. I can't say what he did for me as far as tunes go but let's just say he went above and beyond!
Earlier post retracted, please delete
Old 6/19/07, 10:48 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
A good guy huh ? well does a good guy, avoid his valued and loyal customers, by not bothering to return their phone calls, nor reply to their e-mails after 6 days ? and I don't want to hear the excuses about how busy he's been and that he's a one man show either. There is no reason nor excuse, for not replying back to your customers, within a 5 day period. IMHO, 5 days is more than enough time, regardless of how busy he happens to be. Not only is this very poor customer service ? but is also very inconsiderate and very un-professional as well..And it also seems, that ever since he's become a full time business ? he's forgotten the golden rule.. that the reason for his success, is because of his customers, in which he claimed with his own words. However, if he continues to follow in his current path ? sooner or later, customers besides just myself, are going to finally run out of patience, and take their business elsewhere, such as Brenspeed for example..
I agree, that's one reasonI switched to Brenspeed, He has more then himself working there. Doug needs to hire some help so he can take care of his customesrs before he has none left.
Old 6/19/07, 10:56 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Threads like this need to be addressed by the member in question, atleast give him a chance to respond here.
Old 6/19/07, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by ShowGT
Threads like this need to be addressed by the member in question, atleast give him a chance to respond here.
Please delete, prior reply..Thank you
Old 6/20/07, 12:47 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

i have had it happen to me and i am still loyal to him, i mean when i needed a new tune he took a while to respond but he came through and e-mailed me the new tune with a responce. I mean i called him and i got the machine, well a few min later i called again and he helped me out. And even thought you might think it is a BS responce it is true that doug does all his own work, it is not his fault he does not have an operation like brenspeed with people who can answer his calls and work on peoples tunes. But you have to also remember since he has a moble dyno he travels to events and other things but even with all that he still has the majority of the 05-08 stang crew not only for GT's but for V6's and now he is moving into the GT500 scene. Give him some time and try calling him periodically and you will catch him.
Old 6/20/07, 02:07 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whoa, m05fastbackGT, all I was saying was give the man/vendor a chance. Forget I even posted a comment.
Old 6/20/07, 09:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I will be responding to your email shortly but yes, if you switch cars then I do charge for new tunes for that car. You dont pay for tunes for the car you originally order your tuner for or once you buy new tunes updates for those

Thanks, Doug
Old 6/20/07, 12:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

I wish everyone got the chance to run their own business for 2 weeks. Then I garuntee you we wouldnt see and hear the P'n and moanin we do these days. Everyone wants it now and no matter what you do they arent happy.
If it were me Id send you an email telling you where to take your business and to never call me again. But thats me. By the sounds of it Doug doesnt get the chance to sleep or eat much, travels alot and helps people out, and has a broken foot/leg, but to some people that doesnt matter because they arent being taken care of.....sad.
Old 6/20/07, 12:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
This linked thread goes hand in hand with Doug's reply.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=67066

I'm a waiting customer myself, but I know he's not just kicking back and taking it easy. True, he needs help and that's why he's asking for assistance.
Old 6/20/07, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Webba
I wish everyone got the chance to run their own business for 2 weeks. Then I garuntee you we wouldnt see and hear the P'n and moanin we do these days. Everyone wants it now and no matter what you do they arent happy.
If it were me Id send you an email telling you where to take your business and to never call me again. But thats me. By the sounds of it Doug doesnt get the chance to sleep or eat much, travels alot and helps people out, and has a broken foot/leg, but to some people that doesnt matter because they arent being taken care of.....sad.
Well with that kind of attitude, you wouldn't be in business for very long.. For when runing a business, which deals directly with the public ! you put your personal feelings off to the side, regardless of how frustrated and upset your customers may happen to be, otherwise you end up telling customers, who are responsible for your success, to take their business elsewhere ? not only do you lose their business, but you also risk gaining new customers as well, as word of mouth spreads very quickly, when they warn their friends, who may have been potential new customers and then they warn their friends on top of that, and so on..As for myself personally ? I have since, formally apologized to Doug, for my misunderstandings and have straighten everything out with him personally, and I'm also in the process of removing all of my earlier posts as well. The bottom line is, nobody's perfect, and we've all been guilty at one point or another, of making the very same mistakes.
Old 6/20/07, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by ShowGT
Whoa, m05fastbackGT, all I was saying was give the man/vendor a chance. Forget I even posted a comment.
I have since retracted my prior statement, and would really appreciate it, if you would please delete it..Thank you
Old 6/20/07, 08:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When I owned my own business in MI, it was hard to find someone who wasn't on drugs. Now where I am in TN it is hard to find people who will get out of bed.

Who knows what Doug is dealing with in his part of the nation. Different paces in different places. Doug took care of me in the past. He is a good guy. I feel for him. I know it is tough.
Old 6/20/07, 08:48 PM
eci
Banned

Business 101:

The customer doesn't give a **** about you or your problems. It's YOUR JOB to fix them and offer timely service for the money you collect.

In Doug's case I'll give him a pass, but he does need to rectify this situation and I wish him luck.
Old 6/21/07, 08:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Well with that kind of attitude, you wouldn't be in business for very long.. For when runing a business, which deals directly with the public ! you put your personal feelings off to the side, regardless of how frustrated and upset your customers may happen to be, otherwise you end up telling customers, who are responsible for your success, to take their business elsewhere ? not only do you lose their business, but you also risk gaining new customers as well, as word of mouth spreads very quickly, when they warn their friends, who may have been potential new customers and then they warn their friends on top of that, and so on..As for myself personally ? I have since, formally apologized to Doug, for my misunderstandings and have straighten everything out with him personally, and I'm also in the process of removing all of my earlier posts as well. The bottom line is, nobody's perfect, and we've all been guilty at one point or another, of making the very same mistakes.
Yea you are right, thats why I am going on 11 years in business. as you said you apologized and retracted your statement but my point is sometimes no matter what you do you cannto make some people happy. But if someone did what you did I would hand him his a*s and send him packing and move on to take care of someone else who could be satisfied. Everyone deserves a little understanding.
Old 6/21/07, 06:38 PM

Yea you are right, thats why I am going on 11 years in business. as you said you apologized and retracted your statement but my point is sometimes no matter what you do you cannto make some people happy. But if someone did what you did I would hand him his a*s and send him packing and move on to take care of someone else who could be satisfied. Everyone deserves a little understanding.
Yea well, I don't know what type of business you happen to run ? but when it comes to customers, who spend their hard earned money for a particular product ? it's just like ECI mentioned

[quote=Eci]The customer doesn't give a **** about you or your problems. It's YOUR JOB to fix them and offer timely service for the money you collect.

As I previously mentioned, I believe that 5 to 6 days is more than enough time, when it comes to receiving a response, concerning the status of an order, that was placed..That was my enitire point, from the very beginning..Therefore, if you were to hand me my a*s and send me packing ? then it's you, who obviously isn't very understanding, in which case, you wouldn't had ever considered me, as a valued or loyal customer to begin with, and besides you wouldn't of had to..I would've handed your a*s and sent you packing, after failure to respond, 6 days after placing my order, concerning the status..That being said, when your business depends on your customers, who spend their hard earned money for your product ? they have every right, to expect that product, in a timely and reasonable manner..Perhaps you haven't heard of the golden rule, when it concerns the retail business world ? it's called, the customer is always right..
Old 6/21/07, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by RedDragon777
i have had it happen to me and i am still loyal to him, i mean when i needed a new tune he took a while to respond but he came through and e-mailed me the new tune with a responce. I mean i called him and i got the machine, well a few min later i called again and he helped me out. And even thought you might think it is a BS responce it is true that doug does all his own work, it is not his fault he does not have an operation like brenspeed with people who can answer his calls and work on peoples tunes. But you have to also remember since he has a moble dyno he travels to events and other things but even with all that he still has the majority of the 05-08 stang crew not only for GT's but for V6's and now he is moving into the GT500 scene. Give him some time and try calling him periodically and you will catch him.
Ira, you need to understand my point here as well..Until I was finally able to reach Doug..I wasn't even able to leave voice mail messages, due to his mail box being full..Therefore, I couldn't even get his machine..Does this mean, I don't understand, that he runs his shop by himself, and can't always answer phone calls ? NO of course not..However, after 6 days of not hearing anything back ! nor having an idea, as to what was going on ?..I became frustrated and panicked..And unfortunately, people often say things, they really don't mean, when under those circumstances..I have since straighten everything out with him, and he fully understands..The bottom line is.. yes, I should had known better and I also realize that I screwed up, especially after knowing the guy, for almost 2 years and been a customer, for over a year..However, he does also realize that people aren't always perfect and do often make mistakes..Although, this is one mistake, which will not repeat itself again, that's for da*n sure.
Old 6/22/07, 06:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well it will work out it seems. Doug is working on his end and as you said you were ****ed and flew off. Believe me I am not a very patient person myself and I am not saying I dont sympathize with you, but I was just stating that we ALL need to have a little more patience with people we deal with and it would be easier for everyone. And BTW I dont sell retail. Retail is the biggest pain in the a*s!

Quick Reply: New Tune needed