GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Need Some Help

Search this Thread

Old 5/16/05, 06:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its part shopping time. I got 500 bucks in college graduation money and its time to put that towards the car. I need to know if anyone knows where they sell certain parts cheaper. Im looking for the Flowmaster Axle Back Kit and the K&N CAI. The Flowmasters I found at $300 on Brothers Performance, was wondering if anyone found them any cheaper? Im guessing not since it is an exhaust and most exhausts are starting in the 300 range. I get $260 on most websites for the K&N, has anyone else seen it cheaper anywhere, possibly??

Help a brother out!
Old 5/16/05, 06:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

I would go with the SLP Loudmouth for great sound, added performance and $224 delivered. Besides I have read numerous posts where flowmasters were the only ones to loose HP.
Old 5/16/05, 06:59 AM
Team Mustang Source

I called Flowmaster and had a long convo with them. I have nothing against SLP's but SLP's are just a lil too Loud. I've heard them. I wanted to go with Flowmaster cause I've used Flowmasters b4 in the past and I love the sound. The issue with the Flowmaser kit is when I spoke to them, they said you had to reset the computer to get the added performace. The computer needs to recalibrate to the new system. There was one guy on here that wasn't feeling much difference and then I told him to reset his computer and I didn't hear back from him...

Anyone know about the K&N Aircharger...?