GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Need opinions on suspension mod

Search this Thread

Old 6/27/07, 06:14 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need opinions on suspension mod

Hi Mustang Fans !

I just came out of the local Saleen dealership and was amazed to see not one but two PJ editions in their showroom !

While I was there I got my hands on some really cheap take-off parts and the guy there was telling me that he could sell me the Saleen springs with a brand new set of brand new, take-offshocks & struts for about 200$.

I do a lot of lapping but my ride is my daily driver and I also use it in the winter (I live in Canada).

I was about to go with D-specs, lowering springs and the panhard bar next year but I guess I could jump the gun and start with this right now...

Is there something wrong with the plan ?

Thanks all !
Old 6/27/07, 06:23 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by HolyPony!
Hi Mustang Fans !

I just came out of the local Saleen dealership and was amazed to see not one but two PJ editions in their showroom !

While I was there I got my hands on some really cheap take-off parts and the guy there was telling me that he could sell me the Saleen springs with a brand new set of brand new, take-offshocks & struts for about 200$.

I do a lot of lapping but my ride is my daily driver and I also use it in the winter (I live in Canada).

I was about to go with D-specs, lowering springs and the panhard bar next year but I guess I could jump the gun and start with this right now...

Thanks all !
Tempting, but I think the Spec D's might be a better choice and they are tunable to your likes.
Old 6/27/07, 06:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by HolyPony!
Hi Mustang Fans !

Thanks all !
The new take-off shocks & struts are Saleen...?? to go along with the Saleen springs... for about $200. I wonder why you don't already have them in the trunk... that would be a steal. Even if you discided to change to D Specs later.. And, at that price you can get the Panhard bar now.

Go for it...

+2 on the PJ editions..

Bobby M.
Old 6/28/07, 07:23 AM
GT Member

The take-offs shocks are OEM Mustang GT ($50 for the set of 4), only the springs are Saleen's ($175). I am just hoping the Saleens aren't too stiff for the stock shock damping ... As I could read elsewhere they seem to be in the mild side so I should be OK.

This is in CAD dollars too We tend to pay a lot more for our parts up here !
Old 6/28/07, 09:21 AM
Bullitt Member

You didn't state in your original post... you must have a V6 or a whole bunch of miles on a GT... Otherwise, I don't understand why you would be interested in OEM GT shocks and struts. For a V6 they are a good upgrade for that price. The OEM dampers will work with the Saleen springs, no problem. I used OEM dampers for a while with my Coil-over conversion kit and Eibach Sport Springs until I got the FRPP Stg 3 Dampers.

Bobby M.
Old 6/28/07, 10:27 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MooStang05gt
You didn't state in your original post... you must have a V6 or a whole bunch of miles on a GT... Otherwise, I don't understand why you would be interested in OEM GT shocks and struts. For a V6 they are a good upgrade for that price. The OEM dampers will work with the Saleen springs, no problem. I used OEM dampers for a while with my Coil-over conversion kit and Eibach Sport Springs until I got the FRPP Stg 3 Dampers.

Bobby M.
I do have a GT, but my dampers are very tired from all that track time (about 60-90 minutes a week for the last year except winter of course ). Thanks for the info !