GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Need help ! Unable to install/attach Borla S type axle back on 2006 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 8/6/17, 06:35 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,584 Posts
Need help ! Unable to install/attach Borla S type axle back on 2006 Mustang GT

Guys, I desperately need help.. I've tried several times to install the Borla S-type mufflers, however I cannot get them attached onto the neck of the over the axle pipes no matter how I try to rotate them.. It appears the rear hanger brackets are what's causing the issue, as the brackets for some reason are just not providing enough clearance to be able to slide the neck of the axle backs onto the OTA pipes.. It's almost as though the hanger brackets are too long or something, but I know that Stage 3 motorsports sent the correct part number for my 06 GT.. Borla part #11750..

At any rate, I am totally stumped and don't understand what is causing the fitment and clearance issues, as Borla S types are supposed to be a direct fit for the 05-09 GT models.. I'm also still running the stock exhaust manifolds with stock catted mid pipe with magnaflow tru X welded in place of the original OEM H section along with Magnaflow street axle back exhaust..

I also followed the installation directions accurately and uninstalled the factory hangers from the body of the car and then transferred them over to the new mufflers prior to reinstalling..

Anyhow I'd really appreciate any feedback and advice that can possibly be provided.. Thanks in advance

-Rocky