GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Need help with Tune upload Please...

Search this Thread

Old 5/12/07, 11:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with Tune upload Please...(She dipped into the 12's!!!)

Long time viewer, first time poster,

Short bio...

I bought my wife a '05 GT Auto (Legend Lime) instead of a ring for our 10 year Anniversary, She has been a regular at the drag strip up in Gimli Manitoba since she got it back in May of '05. She actually got talked into taking her '04 Yukon down the strip one weekend in the fall of '04 and was instantly hooked. Loves it, great people up there,Lot's of fun.
Anyway since that time have done a few mods to it... TCI stall converter, Steeda UDP's, SCT Excalibrator2 from Doug with a C&L cai, Drag radials.

Her best time as of yet was a 13.23 last fall and I noticed Doug had some newer tunes that were doing a little better so i gave him a call and as usual he was absolutely great in taking care of me and emailed me the new tunes.

So I get the email and cannot open the files, I get a message saying "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing these actions. Create an associtaion in the folder opitons control panel"

I have been digging into the folder control panel but no luck and I'm certainly no computer wiz so maybe one of you guys can help me out here. I emailed Doug back but I thought I'd try here as well in case it's somethin easy.

We have a few mods in mind for this summer, those delete plates sound interesting, maybe thinking of a driveshaft swap but can't decide between the Denny's and Coast, Driveshaft loop would be smart as well (she has been asked once about a loop during inspection at the strip) Gears are also on the list (3.73) and maybe some exhaust upgrades. We would like to get into the 12's but then when we get there I'm sure we will want to go lower (Isn't that the definition of a drag racer?) At the same time we are happy going in that high 12 range and getting consistent.

She does well by the way, 2 runner up's and 1 first last summer in the trophy class, which usually has around 25 cars in it. Her reaction time is usually very good, she does a nice burnout and with it being an auto she has that consistency thing going for here. Anyway sorry to drag this out...

Jerry
Old 5/12/07, 11:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
I read somewhere that you can just rename the tune file extension to .ll3 , then use Liveload as usual. Or, you may need to update your Liveload version to the latest release.

For reference: How To Upload A Tune File Into Your XCal2
Old 5/13/07, 12:11 AM

I think I got it, thanks TacoBill, When i click on the file now it goes right into the box telling me to connect the Xcal2. I'm gonna wait till morning to upload them. I'd like to drive the car with the old tunes and then immediately upload the new ones and see if there's any noticable difference. Sounds like a fun Mother's day to me...

Thanks for the writeups as well, believe me I have read most of them, including how to upload a file writeup
Old 5/16/07, 07:15 PM

Ok I guess I don't have this figured out yet. When I get to the Liveload page and try to "add File" it tells me the file is not a valid liveload file. It seems like it works fine up to that point with everything matching TacoBills' screens in his "How to upload link"

Any help would be much appreciated... TacoBill???

thanks
Jerry
Old 5/16/07, 09:22 PM

I downloaded the latest version of Liveload and got it to work finally. Maybe this thread can help someone else someday on what to do when they encounter these issues...

Jerry
Old 5/16/07, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by GimliMustang
I downloaded the latest version of Liveload and got it to work finally. Maybe this thread can help someone else someday on what to do when they encounter these issues...

Jerry
Glad you got it to work. Working with the latest version is always a good idea.
Old 5/17/07, 06:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm sure I'll be referencing this thread shortly! CR is emailing a tune for the new goodies, so I'm sure I'll run into these issues too!

Thanks!
Old 5/23/07, 11:29 PM

We dipped into the 12's!!!

I just wanted to add with the new tunes from Doug and the cool weather up in Manitoba last weekend we finally hit the 12's running three 12.95's over the weekend. Her previous best was 13.32 so we really took a jump.

Our mod's went in this order...
Stock best run of 14.09

TCI Stall converter 3/10's
C&L Racer CAI and Bamachips tune 3/10's
M/T ET Streets (and learning how to use them) 2/10's
Steeda underpullies and Royal Purple Oil maybe a 1/10?
New tunes from Doug 3/10's

Best time 12.95

Waiting to go in... CMDP's and a driveshaft loop and maybe a driveshaft if someone can convince me which one (if any) to get...

Jerry & Nancy
Old 5/25/07, 07:58 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,790 Posts
Usually, when you encounter an error like that ? it means, the current Live Load software, needs updated..personally, I wouldn't mess around changing the file name ext. as that could possibly cause your X-CAL to malfunction or even lock up..
Old 5/25/07, 09:41 PM

Doug recently e-mailed me a tune update. My then LiveLoad software (ver 1.1.6?) didn't accept the file. I updated it to the current release of 1.3.1 and all is good.