GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Need HELP! Please

Search this Thread

Old 11/1/05, 03:19 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just completed putting on the Bassani Off Road X-pipe (No Cats). It also has the Bassani Axle-backs. Why can I get this sound straight. It has that high pitched,tinny,backlash. No throaty rumble like my old Fox body's with Flowmasters, and they all had off raod. I know I will not match the sound of the Fox body's but I am not happy with this sound. Does anyone know if I put high flow cats on or change to Flowmaster axle-backs will I get rid of that high pitched,rice rocket sound. Please someone help me out. I guess I'm going to have a brand new set of Bassani Axle-backs for sale! I originally listened to the link below and loved the way this car sounds. Mind you this is only axle-backs. My car no where near sounded like this with just the axle-backs and now definately not with the Off Road. I am really upset at this I feel like I ruined the car.
http://www.sonicbluenirvana.com/funwithbassani.wmv from Sonic05 Nice!
Old 11/1/05, 03:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would seriously consider just plain old resonators in the x pipe before you go try the hi flow cats. No tail pipe after muffler like previous Mustangs.
YOu may very well like the Bassanis with the stock h pipe back in place.
If you decide to change mufflers try the Flowmaster Delta 50 3 chambers.
Old 11/1/05, 04:55 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone told me @ RPM Outlet that if you put on the high flow cats it will knock that frappy sound down.