GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Need help with DiabloSport C&L tune

Search this Thread

Old 4/14/05, 07:31 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I installed a C&L intake earlier today and everything is tight and clamped down. I then installed the DiabloSport 2005 Mustang GT U7140 R14 system update. After that I installed the updated fbjr3g5_C&L Scott@Diablosport sent me. I have the standard Predator that loads with DS's logo. My car now is sluggish down low and feels like it is missing. The car hesitates pretty badly and is slow thru the revs. Did I receive a bad tune?
Old 4/14/05, 07:34 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by max2000jp@April 14, 2005, 7:34 PM
I installed a C&L intake earlier today and everything is tight and clamped down. I then installed the DiabloSport 2005 Mustang GT U7140 R14 system update. After that I installed the updated fbjr3g5_C&L Scott@Diablosport sent me. I have the standard Predator that loads with DS's logo. My car now is sluggish down low and feels like it is missing. The car hesitates pretty badly and is slow thru the revs. Did I receive a bad tune?
go see my reply in r14 topic.
Old 4/14/05, 08:15 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Got a PM from somewhat damaged and he is having the exact same problem. I will have to call DiabloSport tomorrow and get this poo fixed.
Old 4/14/05, 09:06 PM
Cobra R Member

If I have read the diablo site correctly, the R14 is not the proper tune for your predator.

Restore the stock tune on your car and the reload R6, or R12. I saved r6 on my computor and have downloaded r12, but I will not load r12 until I hear that it is ok.

R6 works great now. If it ain't broke...
Old 4/14/05, 09:14 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by 38special@April 14, 2005, 10:09 PM
If I have read the diablo site correctly, the R14 is not the proper tune for your predator.

Restore the stock tune on your car and the reload R6, or R12. I saved r6 on my computor and have downloaded r12, but I will not load r12 until I hear that it is ok.

R6 works great now. If it ain't broke...

Right off of DiabloSports's website:
Ford 2005 Mustang GT:
DiabloSport 2005 Mustang GT U7140
This update will only work on Predators that boot with the DiabloSport logo!
r14-Tune changes for all calibrations,live data updates
r6-release revision

I have the standard Predator that loads with their logo. I installed R14 like I stated before. The solution might be to have Diablosport to email the R6 version and go with the tune Scott sent me.
Old 4/15/05, 03:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would suggest speaking with Cole @ DiabloSport (561-908-0040 ext. 212) on this issue. He seems up to date and very willing to help. Part of the problem may be a conflict between the Custom Tune you have and the r14 Release Revision. Cole will help you. He has never failed to resolve my issues. Also keep in mind there is a new version of DS Downloader being released today that may help resolve your issue.
Old 4/15/05, 04:58 AM

The R10 or R12 revisions are the way to go, for the simple reason they have new feature’s that do not exist in the older revision.

• DMR Data Logger/Memory Recall –

See: http://www.diablosport.com/Downloads.php#D...ntation%20(PDF)

on the U7140 Predator page for new parameters and instructions

• Global MAF Adjustment - 1% Increments, +/- 10%

If you have a U7140 Predator, which boots up as a standard non-CAI Predator, you need to use the R14 revision, but will then need a custom tune for the CAI kit you’re installing. Running a non-CAI calibration does not cut it.

The newest CAI calibrations released are outstanding. The only reason not to run one of the new calibrations, is if you dyno tuned your old calibration and even then you can save the dynoed calibration, try the R10 or R12, depending on manufacturer of your CAI, and go back to your dyno tuned calibration if you like it better.

Thanks,
Nick Spinelli
DiabloSport National Sales Manager
nick@diablosport.com
Old 4/15/05, 05:04 AM
GT Member

nick, when will the custom tune(c&l tune) for the (ford)predator, posted on the web page?
Old 4/15/05, 07:39 AM
Cobra R Member

max2000jp

sorry, T thought that yours booted up with the C&L logo, like mine does.
Old 4/15/05, 08:16 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Spoke to Cole @ DiabloSport this morning and he said he would work with me. I will have to wait until later since I don't have the car with me and I am at work right now. Will let you guys know the outcome.
Old 4/15/05, 10:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Guys do not give up on the Predator!! As with all new software it is impossible and impracticle to test for every conceivable problem that may arise. If you don't believe that just as Bill Gates with Microsoft! Unfortunately for those of us that want to be on the cutting edge of improvements this is a fact of life. I can speak personally of the headaches encountered with Release Revisions, Custom Tunes, Modifying Parameters after installation of a Custom Tune and DS Downloader issues.

Give DiabloSport a call and although I am partial to Cole (as he has always resolved my problems or at least identified the problem) I'm sure anyone will be willing to help resolve your problems.

And no, I do not have any vested interest in this company!!
Old 4/15/05, 10:40 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by tmcolegr@April 15, 2005, 11:28 AM
Guys do not give up on the Predator!! As with all new software it is impossible and impracticle to test for every conceivable problem that may arise. If you don't believe that just as Bill Gates with Microsoft! Unfortunately for those of us that want to be on the cutting edge of improvements this is a fact of life. I can speak personally of the headaches encountered with the issues concerning Release Revisions, Custom Tunes, Modifying Parameters after installation of a Custom Tune and DS Downloader issues.

Give DiabloSport a call and although I am partial to Cole (as he has always resolved my problems or at least identified the problem) I'm sure anyone will be willing to help resolve your problems.

And no I have no vested interest in this company!!
FYI....The number is 561-908-0041 Extension 212 to reach Cole. He is going to work with me later today.
Old 4/15/05, 11:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Guess their website has the wrong number. :nono:

They have more than one number.
Old 4/15/05, 02:20 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Update:

Spoke with Brian and he helped me restore my stock tune into the car. It runs fine on the stock tune with the C&L. Brian suggested I drive it for a bit and make sure everything was ok. I drove it around for a while and it sounds great with the intake. I then checked if any trouble codes were present and found 3. It showed (2) lean conditions: banks 1 and 2 and an ODB system test failure. I am pretty sure that the C&L isn't jiving with the stock tune, so I will remove it later.
Old 4/15/05, 04:56 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Blazing Saddles@April 15, 2005, 5:56 PM
Looks like Diablo Sport has opened a can of worms here. The firmware for the C&L or Steeda CAI's can't be loaded into a Predator bought elsewhere(U7140). If you bought a C&L CAI you need to buy the Predator from C&L. No more hunting for the lowest price for the Predator. :notnice:
I honestly feel that's not the case. I feel that maybe there is a bug in R14, which was interferring with the file Scott Beer sent me. The file he sent me was sitting on my computer a couple weeks now, which was before the R14 update. I am hoping that DiabloSport will fix this in a timely manner.
Old 4/15/05, 05:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

It's Here!!

The new release of DS Downloader which should resolve many of our problems has arrived. Go to the website and download version 1,2,6,0. This replaced version 1,0,1,0. I am told this will make Custom Tunes modifiable after installation along with resolving "other issues". Don't be confused by the name of the link - it has not been updated. I know there were some issues with the DS Downloader that could affect performance of the Predator and vehicle.

PS: On Wednesday, the day of the r14 release revision, I installed the C&L CAI tune that Scott sent me about 2 weeks ago and it may not have been compatible with the new r14 release revision. Service Engine Soon light came on immediately. I contacted Cole and he sent me a new tune that is compatible with r14 release revision. I believe that when Custom Tunes are once again available on the website, this will be the tune that is offered. That may be why there are no Custom Tunes currently available online - perhaps they weren't compatible with r14 Release Revision. I am sure once they appear again they will be compatible. I am assuming that is the case.

I have the DiabloSport U7140 Predator
My CALID is: FBHR2G4
Old 4/15/05, 06:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by tmcolegr@April 15, 2005, 6:30 PM
It's Here!!

The new release of DS Downloader which should resolve many of our problems has arrived. Go to the website and download version 1,2,6,0. This replaced version 1,0,1,0. I am told this will make Custom Tunes modifiable after installation along with resolving "other issues". Don't be confused by the name of the link - it has not been updated. I know there were some issues with the DS Downloader that could affect performance of the Predator and vehicle.

PS: On Wednesday, the day of the r14 release revision, I installed the C&L CAI tune that Scott sent me about 2 weeks ago and it may not have been compatible with the new r14 release revision. Service Engine Soon light came on immediately. I contacted Cole and he sent me a new tune that is compatible with r14 release revision. I believe that when Custom Tunes are once again available on the website, this will be the tune that is offered. That may be why there are no Custom Tunes currently available online - perhaps they weren't compatible with r14 Release Revision. I am sure once they appear again they will be compatible. I am assuming that is the case.

I have the DiabloSport U7140 Predator
My CALID is: FBHR2G4
Brian told me it would be available next week, I guess I should contact Cole. Have you installed the new tune that is compatible with R14? How does it run?
Sounds like you have the same problem that I and another member had. Lets get this resolved quick, I want to re-install my C&L. By any chance, did u read the codes that it threw via the predator????

--Is this what you were referring to per the website??????????

The Dsdownloader is a Windows based PC software for the 2005 Mustang GT Predator allowing you to:

copy a Custom Tune from PC to the Predator
copy the Vehicle backup tune from the Predator to PC
download performance file from DiabloSport's website to your PC (password may be required)
update Predator to new revisions (if applicable)
Ford Dsdownloader: Download Rev.1,0,1,0 Installer now
DSdownloader Instructions (word)
DSdownloader Instructions (pdf)
Old 4/15/05, 06:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have installed the r14 Release Revision with the C&L CAI Custom Tune that Cole sent me yesterday and it works fine. I have been driving the vehicle for 2 days with no issues. Just as a test I sent my wife for a drive and didn't tell her of any of the issues that I had. She has made no mention of any problems.

My problem after Cole sent me the new C&L CAI Custom Tune was that until the new version of DS Downloader was released today the Custom Tune was not able to be modified after initial installation for the 4.10 gears.

Now I can go back and do everything over one more time with the new version of DS Downloader to make the new tune modifiable for 4.10 gears.

For what it's worth I believe the Custom Tunes previously available online weren't compatible with r14 Release Revision. That's why they currently are not available. I'm sure new tunes will be available online soon that will work with r14. All Custom Tunes were removed from the website after the new Release Revisions. Keep in mind that is just my opinion. Seems to make sense though.

Quick Reply: Need help with DiabloSport C&L tune