GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

*Natasha the "Evil GT 350S" She's Supercharged! & Ready for Flight

Search this Thread

Old 2/18/06, 05:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

She fired right up on the FIRST TRY!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] (I was a little nervous...)

It's been a week of wrenching, waiting and a lot of hard work and it was well worth it! This is my first supercharged Pony and all I can say is WOW... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img] It is absolutely unbelievable. By Friday all the rest of my parts from JDM arrived and I went right to work finishing her up. The Saleen and C&L intake cleared my hood with no problem but I had a little trouble with the air box as it hit the air outlet on the underside of the hood. I had to do some trimming to make it all work. I spent a lot of time re-routing wires and cleaning up the engine bay and I think it came out well. Now for the fun stuff!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

Driving impressions:
1. It is like a whole different car, a real night and day difference!!
2. On Idle it has a very distinct and quite loud blower whine sound, that is awesome!!
3. The overall exhaust sounds the same but much more forced and louder. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
4. On acceleration the whine gets a lot louder and becomes a fighter jet taking off sound when boost hits (I am reaching a full 9 Ibs of boost at WOT)
5. Cruising at 65 mph on the freeway and stomping on the gas results in a complete loss of traction... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
6. Stomping on the gas in all most any situation results in immediate traction loss... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
7. Stomping on the gas is fun... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

I can't say enough good things about Jim Jr. at JDM Engineering. All of their parts are top notch and the customer service and support are the best I have ever dealt with. I probably called Jim a dozen times and he always took the time to answer all my questions and explain how and why things work. If you are thinking about adding a Saleen S/C'er they are the ones to order from as you get a great package and customer service... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Now the Number's....

Dyno-Jet Dyno, all Numbers are SAE corrected...

<span style="color:#FF0000">465.8 RWHP / 417 RWTQ </span>

The best part is the torque is 400 and above from about 2,900 RPM's all the way through to 6k and is a very flat line...The A/F is a little high at 13.4 so I will have Jim add a little fuel but all and all I think they did a great job on the tune for the mod's I have. It feel's very solid and well tuned and I have driven on alot of different tunes in the past...The first run I had them stop at 5,800 RPM's because I wanted to start off easy on her and double check everything.
Old 2/18/06, 05:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome Justin!! Absofreakinlutely awesome! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]

You gotta be lovin' life right about now! When I come to Vegas for the NHRA in April, we definitely need to meet!!
Old 2/18/06, 05:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You guys and your superchargers! That Saleen is looking very tempting. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img] Nice job Justin!
Old 2/18/06, 05:50 PM
Cobra Member

Dyno Session:
Old 2/18/06, 06:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Wow, congrats man. The setup looks insane, matched by insane numbers. Sweet [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 2/18/06, 06:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

I still liked GT666 . . . . . .

The Boss Hog . . . . . [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/18/06, 06:22 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(don_w @ February 18, 2006, 4:48 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Awesome Justin!! Absofreakinlutely awesome! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]

You gotta be lovin' life right about now! When I come to Vegas for the NHRA in April, we definitely need to meet!!
[/b][/quote]

Yeah Don, we will have to have our own west coast TMS Meet!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

I am in love...This is probably as close as I'll ever get to flying a fighter jet and that's fine by me. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Boss Hog @ February 18, 2006, 5:20 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I still liked GT666 . . . . . .
The Boss Hog . . . . . [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

She alway's will be on the inside Boss... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GRAYPNY @ February 18, 2006, 4:53 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You guys and your superchargers! That Saleen is looking very tempting. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img] Nice job Justin!
[/b][/quote]

Thank's Rich! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Your looking at about 30 hrs + worth of work, which also includes the Cervini scoop install...
Old 2/18/06, 06:53 PM

Looks Killer Justin! I bet it feels great!
Old 2/18/06, 07:06 PM
Banned

Hey guy,

Those are some great numbers but be very carefull! A 13.4 a/f ratio with a blown car can equal a blown motor. You should be around 11.0-12.0 at WOT and you are dangerously lean, there again when in the boost.

You should actually pick up some more power when you get the a/f ratio right so it's definatly a winner, what did you do for the fuel system? boost a pump? Larger intank pump??

THanks, Doug.
Old 2/18/06, 07:16 PM

Looks great, I think your car has come a long way from when you first started modding. I would love to go for a ride in that thing, I bet it is really impressive!
Good Job,
Derek
Old 2/18/06, 07:57 PM
FR500 Member

Man, oh man. The SC looks awesome, and from the sounds of it, it feels pretty awesome too. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] I'm happy for you, Justin. And I really like the scoops too. Makes your car even more Shelby-ish.

And I say this so much I'm like a walking, talking billboard for CDC... but what about a chin spoiler? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
Old 2/18/06, 08:08 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vegasjay @ February 18, 2006, 5:25 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yeah Don, we will have to have our own west coast TMS Meet!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

That idea has been bandied about in PMs recently. I think it would be awesome to have a West Coast meet. Some of us at ModularFords are contemplating meeting at the Good Guys nostalgia drags/car show in Bakersfield in 3 weeks.
Old 2/18/06, 08:12 PM
Bullitt Member

OH YEAH!
Way to go Justin. Love those numbers but get that A/F where it belongs. I can't wait to see the numbers on the 1/4 mile. I am really glad to hear that you can boil the tires on command now.

Congrats

Ron
Old 2/18/06, 08:28 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Sweeeet Justin!! The SC looks awesome. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/18/06, 08:38 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

yummmayyy! When I first looked at the engine bay pic, I immediatly imagined the cobra yelling Screw You! at me. Im not sure why. He wont be able to yell at anyone else because youll be leaving them in the dust though. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

To sum that all up, dang! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/18/06, 08:50 PM
GT Member

I see a Zex nitrous system on that too! Are you going to use the spray to??!! Better get a set of DR's before even thinking about goint to the track.

I have a CA Dream hood too, but haven't put it on yet. How do you like it? And lastly, your car is sweet!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] I like the shelby treatment....looks great!
Old 2/18/06, 09:08 PM
GT Member

Wow, What a great car! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] Makes me proud to know your out there showing the world who's BOSS!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

I had a freaking Full size Chevy truck give me pooe from a light today... I don't believe it..... i bet you will be hassle free just from the 666 looks that thing gives off!

Be safe with the A/F like they're saying. You need to keep it together.
Old 2/19/06, 01:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vegasjay @ February 18, 2006, 8:39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
7. Stomping on the gas is fun... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Wasn't that valid before the blower too?

Man you haven't calmed my idea of getting the Saleen under my hood with posts like that... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] Can't wait to see track numbers. Did you modify any internals to help take that power, or is the engine safe at those hp numbers?
Old 2/19/06, 04:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Justin,
You car is simple SWEEEEEETT!! You have done a great job of making you car look like a Shelby and now you have the power to back the looks. I agree with Doug that you need to get your AF ratio fixed. Way to lean for a blower car. Watch those hard runs until you get her tweeked. Want to keep Natasha healthy.
Scott [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 2/19/06, 04:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

that looks great JAY! I'm glad you finally got it on there man! Do you think we could get some more shots of the car, especially with the cervinis stuff on there finally [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: *Natasha the "Evil GT 350S" She's Supercharged! & Ready for Flight