GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

My latest mod: Agent 47's Strut Brace

Search this Thread

Old 1/9/08, 03:56 AM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My latest mod: Agent 47's Strut Brace

Picked this up the other day. Sorry for the bad pics, Ill have to clean the engine bay and take some better ones in better lighting. I really like this brace; check it out!

http://www.auto-focus.us/autoblog/?p=157
Old 1/10/08, 03:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Now Ive read on many forums by self-proclaimed experts that a strut brace is not needed because Ford built the struts so well
That is the first time I ever heard of that... A proper strut tower brace is a triangulated design that prevents the strut TOWERS from flexing.
Old 1/10/08, 08:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess it all depends on how you drive the car. If you just cruise around real liesurely-like, you'll never need one. But if you're the kind that takes your car to the track or pushes it to the limit on the street, it's not a bad investment. I've always wondered if the STBs themselves don't flex, especially the cheaper ones.
Old 1/10/08, 02:13 PM

yeah Ive read some ridiculous things on forums in response to some of my mods. people think they know everything.

like 99% of mods, most likely not needed or not going to notice a big difference while daily driving it like a grandma but why own a stang if you do that? lol

and yes some of those with the heim joints (some Ive seen with 8 places for them) would flex like crazy and do absolutely no good.
Old 1/10/08, 05:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by JonW
I guess it all depends on how you drive the car. If you just cruise around real liesurely-like, you'll never need one. But if you're the kind that takes your car to the track or pushes it to the limit on the street, it's not a bad investment. I've always wondered if the STBs themselves don't flex, especially the cheaper ones.
It's not a bad investment if the strut towers actually do flex. It seems autocrossers and roadracers don't really scramble to buy and install STB's. You can argue that their roll cages (if applicable) stiffen up the chassis, but the roll cages aren't going to prevent the strut towers from flexing.

I'd like to see some evidence that the STB's prevent flexing of the strut towers in the S197.
Old 1/10/08, 07:22 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by metroplex
It's not a bad investment if the strut towers actually do flex. It seems autocrossers and roadracers don't really scramble to buy and install STB's. You can argue that their roll cages (if applicable) stiffen up the chassis, but the roll cages aren't going to prevent the strut towers from flexing.

I'd like to see some evidence that the STB's prevent flexing of the strut towers in the S197.
Prevent ..as in stopping..totaly! Probably not but to diminish or lessen I do believe they have a positive affect! I Don't believe they would be standard equipment on the GT500 if this were not the case!........
Attached Images  
Old 1/10/08, 07:22 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Do you work for Agent 47????

I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks you must be affiliated...
Old 1/11/08, 01:10 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by blkstang06
I Don't believe they would be standard equipment on the GT500 if this were not the case!........
I'm not saying that a STB doesn't help, but it wouldn't surprise me if a manufacturer put something on the car that doesn't do much for performance but just to make it stand out more than the standard models.

I feel its important to say that I haven't driven a GT500 so if anyone wants to lend me theirs so I can truly evaluate the merits of the STB...
Old 1/11/08, 03:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

That looks phenominal, it's now my new favorite brace. The pics below look like it clears the engine cover. Does it rub the hood mat?
Old 1/11/08, 04:02 PM

Yeah no kidding. Every single post by this fella is about his new Agent 47 items. He should be paying vendor fees to the forum. He does some serious hawking of the junk they sell.
Old 1/11/08, 04:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

He's got 3400 posts, I doubt they were all about Agent 47 parts.

What does this brace cost?
Old 1/12/08, 08:52 AM
Cobra Member

It's expensive, I remember awhile back trying to catch my breath after seeing how much they get for them.

The reason they put STB on the GT500 is the same reason they put the spoiler on the back, it looks cool and is in some ways tradition.

I'm not saying STB are worthless or not worth buying just that they are a cosmetic mod and if you got money to burn and like them, why not? But it is what it is.
Old 1/13/08, 11:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
rrobello hawking Agent47 stuff? No way......

This strut tower brace of A47 is expensive? No way......

I can't believe it- I've never seen him talk about this brand and I've never seen an expensive A47 piece.
Old 1/13/08, 12:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

A STB is a aesthetic mod on our cars. If you look at the GAC car, you can see there is no STB. It's allowed by the rules BTW.

Now an A-arm brace does stiffen the front end up. That's the best bang for the buck stiffening mod.
Old 1/13/08, 08:43 PM
Cobra Member

I like how rrobello painted the nuts for the strut tower brace. I like the Agent 47 brace too and I have been planning on getting one.
Old 1/13/08, 09:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Found the price: $269!!

That's twice as much as I'd be willing to pay.
Old 1/13/08, 09:05 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
rrobello hawking Agent47 stuff? No way......

I can't believe it- I've never seen him talk about this brand and I've never seen an expensive A47 piece.
I agree...

I've never seen a link to his website before either
Old 1/21/08, 04:00 PM

All strut towers flex, especially when road racing them; if they didnt you would have one heck of a rough ride. And any stiffening up of them will help while racing.

Originally Posted by Phorty
That looks phenominal, it's now my new favorite brace. The pics below look like it clears the engine cover. Does it rub the hood mat?
No it doesnt rub, I dont have a mat on my car but A47s green car and the yellow GT in the pics do still have it and it doesnt rub.

Originally Posted by AGBULLIT
I like how rrobello painted the nuts for the strut tower brace. I like the Agent 47 brace too and I have been planning on getting one.
thanks. yeah I started bolting it on and it just looked off, I had a can of black spray paint so I figured what the heck. and I think it was a nice, very small touch.

Originally Posted by S197 GT

Originally Posted by uberPony
Yeah no kidding. Every single post by this fella is about his new Agent 47 items. He should be paying vendor fees to the forum. He does some serious hawking of the junk they sell.

Originally Posted by JonCo
I agree...

I've never seen a link to his website before either
Ive said it before and I guess Ill say it again. I DO NOT work for Agent 47. I know the owners and are friends with them. However, that aside I think they make a great product and when I see a great product I like to share it. Isnt that what the forums are for? Or are none of your posts about your your car and its mods? If you search through the over 3000 of my posts from even before I got my car, you will see that I have pretty much posted about each and every one of my mods; including the JBA headers, K&N Intake, Tune by Brenspeed, H&R Springs, Webelectric sequentials, Body and paint by SW Customs, Boze wheels, Falkin Tires, Street Scene kit, and on and on and on....its just lately I have been upgrading the suspension with some of the best on the market and those parts just so happen to be Agent 47s.

As for linking to my website, again its a site I pay for and dont make any money off of. I do it to share pics I take from all of the car shows I go to and to have a place to keep track of info about my car.
Old 1/23/08, 07:00 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Don't sweat it bro, I hadn't seen you state whether you worked for them or not.

If your good friends with the owners, that would make sense.

I've been around for quite a while too, so I know that you have always been credible. I was just asking since you always seem to be one of the first people with the Agent 47 stuff.

A bit nervous are we...LOL!
Old 1/23/08, 08:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Just curious, if you can get an answer... I'm looking at the A47 rear spoiler, and want to know when it'll be available, and approximate cost. My email over there went unanswered... I just got my Steeda front fascia and hood today (THANKS GUS!!!), I'm waiting on a GT500 rear fascia, due any time, and I would like to get all the paint work done before May.

Quick Reply: My latest mod: Agent 47's Strut Brace