GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

My FRPP X-pipe and GTA muffler first impressions

Search this Thread

Old 1/12/07, 10:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My FRPP X-pipe and GTA muffler first impressions

I got the FRPP x-pipe and FRPP GTA axle-back mufflers installed today. Here are my first impressions...

The tips are HUGE!! These things should be 3" instead of 4", they kind of looking a bit ricey because they are so huge but they do fill up the rear cutouts completely.

Sound level compared to bone stock and Borla stingers. If the bone stock is a 1 and the Borla stingers are a 10 then I'd give the x-pipe and GTAs a 2 on the sound meter. Hopefully they will season some and get a bit louder. At least I can say I am running the Shelby GT exhaust.

I almost wish I had done this in stages to see what the stock H-pipe sounded with the GTAs vs. the x-pipe just for grins. I'll try to get a video up some time giving a bone stock vs. x-pipe/GTA comparo.

Thanks.
Old 1/13/07, 07:01 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had my GTA's installed on stock H-pipe for about 500 miles now, it does seem to get a little louder
Old 1/13/07, 06:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Congrats! Post a vid.
Old 1/13/07, 06:59 PM
Legacy Tms Member

I've had my Supreme GTA's on for about 300 miles and I've also noticed that they have gotten a little louder although I have no reason why.I've also got the Ford X-pipe sitting in a box but just can't pull the trigger on cutting my exhaust and installing it.
Old 1/13/07, 07:32 PM
Cobra Member

I have the GTA's and they do get louder and a bit sharper as you add miles I have about 1500 miles on mine now and they are great

Thinking about the FRPP X-pipe too!

I think the 4" dual wall tips look awesome....so much better than the stock 3" tips - give it some time and see what you think.
Old 1/13/07, 10:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Those tips will grow on you and are definitely NOT rice! You will be surprised how much throatier these mufflers will get after some miles. I seriously doubt that you will feel you made the wrong decision down the road. Next time we get together you will hear how much louder mine are than the last time you heard them.
Old 1/13/07, 10:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
Those tips will grow on you and are definitely NOT rice! You will be surprised how much throatier these mufflers will get after some miles. I seriously doubt that you will feel you made the wrong decision down the road. Next time we get together you will hear how much louder mine are than the last time you heard them.
Yes, I meant to write in my original post that your exhaust sounds louder than mine. I wasn't sure if it was the miles on them or the 4.10 gears.
Old 1/14/07, 09:40 AM
Bullitt Member

As the first to get them, I'll bet you that the longer you have them, the better you will like them. They are very well made, sound great, and have zero resonance or drone. As for the tips, they are not rice, as you still have a good half inch clearance between the tips and the cutouts, so the tips actually fit the cutout much better than three inch tips. Soon you will think three inch tips look tiny