GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

mustang gt / dodge neon srt

Search this Thread

Old 2/26/05, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys I had a major run in with a dodge neon SRT. Last night, comming home late in the morning, keep in mind, I have 410s, and sct tune, and carbon trap removed, we ran a total of three times, each time, I out ran him, but on the last time, we ran, this guys rolls his window down and ask me If I want to run for money, heck I am not big on this But I out ran this guy three straight times, , so I decide yea I will , I tell him lets go to this next road that is a pretty long stretch of road, no cops on here most of the time, heck i have only seen one on there ounce or twice in 10 years, But as I tell him lets do it, He primes his nitrous , I know this guy has a factory turbo, but nitrous, He does it right be side me, :scratch: I just so happen to still have my windows down, and kept them down the whole time, anyway, I tell him , hey man you are running nitrous, he tells me he has a tire leak, :bang: I smiled and said is that what they call it these days, I knew what he had , man this car was decked out from end to end, looked like something off the fast and the furious, , well I said I tell you what you pretty much gave your self away, by letting me hear you prime your nitrous, I tell him Iam not interested in running him for money, so we decided to run anyway to atleast have fun, well , we go from about 5 mpH, I hammer my stang to the floor power shift, blow by this guy but when I pulled about 3 to 3.5 cars on him in second, I hear him hit his nitrous and he jumps up on me and pulls me by atleast a half car length, I hit third but I ran up on a car in the left lane and had to back off, im not sure how far he would have pulled on me with his nitrous but without it he didnt have a chance, :worship: I will be looking for this guy in about a month or so, hopefully I will have my super charger on by then, just waiting on the best one and more input, and more people to talk , these things arent that fast, but for a four banger with turbos not bad, wasnt nothing to pull 3 to 4 car lengths on himqickly , witout his nitrous, just playing around, could have left him in the dust, but darn if he didnt hit it, oh well ill be back
Old 2/26/05, 05:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Under those circumstances I think you woulda gotten spanked. The problem is there is a huge weight difference between a Neon and a Stang.

But just look at it this way. How long do you think that 4banger will hold up to the pressure of the turbo and NOS.

He will be replacing his engine every couple months or so where you'll still be :drive: .

BTW wait until everybody starts testing out different blowers and maybe NOS on this new engine. Then we'll really be talking to some of these ultra modded ricers.
Old 2/26/05, 06:00 PM

My buddy has a SRT. Those things without mods will run a 13.7 1/4 mile. If you go to a stage 2 mod, high 12's low 13's. If he has nitrous, I have no idea. The problem with those cars is wheel hop and grabbing the road. They pull pretty hard when the turbo kicks in. My opinion is that you would have gotten spanked if he stayed on the nitrous and I think he would have if you would have raced for money. Figure he'll need the money to replace his engine sooner than later.
Old 2/26/05, 06:01 PM
Cobra R Member

a stock srt-4 (04 and 05) are capable of 13.8 and 13.9 second runs. With a decent shot of nitrous (50-75) he should be pullin low 13's. I would still give this race to the modded 05 stang.
Old 2/26/05, 06:08 PM

I don't know about that. I've been seeing them run at the track and have ridden in one and those 4bangers pull pretty hard. Don't get me wrong, I've pulled away from my buddy like he was parked quite a few times. He doesn't have any mods either. I've seen some SRT's run 12's at the track. I don't know what mods they had but I'd be reluctant to run one with nitrous.
Old 2/26/05, 06:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

I ran one out on County Road 468 in the middle of nowhere (Sumter County, FL) about a month ago. I was cruising at about 55/60 and he actually pulled into the oncoming lane and cruised along side of me, and flagged me down. I slowed up and rolled down my window. He said "Nice car, wanna run it?" So we stopped and ran it. When I hit about 80 I started to pull away, and by 100 he was 2-3 lengths back. I then backed off so we could stop and chat, but he just blew by and kept on trucking. Oh well.............nice to know that I had him though.
Old 2/26/05, 06:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Im going off of the magazine articles that all claim 13.8 and 13.9 for the new srt 4. I have seen the ones with stage 2 mopar upgrades run 13 flat at the track though.
Old 2/26/05, 06:19 PM

Yea guys he was pretty quick, I have a few bolt ons, but dang when he hit his nitrous, he liked jumped about 4 cars in a sec or two, I knew it was going to be hard to win, , He had his nitrous on for a good while, When I hit thrid, I stayed pretty close, he was barely pulling, , well you could tell he was moving forward slowly, , but I didnt get a chance to hold down 3rd very long, I would say we were at around 70 to 75 when I had to back off the gas because of the car beside me, I would have loved to see how it would have turned out, considering what I had, maybe it wouldnt have been as bad as I think, right, he was moving pretty slowly forward, it took all he had to do it, thats for sure, , only time will tell, but I would like to meet back up to him under diff, circumstances, you know
Old 2/26/05, 06:27 PM

Guys what the heck did I do when I joined this site, heck my profile says v6 memeber, dang , I want to change that crap, nothing against the v6 but I have the v8, were do I change this at, do I have to completely rejoin again, ?
Old 2/26/05, 06:27 PM

You outta find him and go to the track. Run together, run seperate. Doesn't matter. Best time wins the cash!
Old 2/26/05, 06:28 PM
Cobra R Member

black stallion, 100 posts makes you a gt member
Old 2/26/05, 06:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Black Stalion@February 26, 2005, 7:30 PM
Guys what the heck did I do when I joined this site, heck my profile says v6 memeber, dang , I want to change that crap, nothing against the v6 but I have the v8, were do I change this at, do I have to completely rejoin again, ?
That's based on the number of posts you have on the site, post more, you move up.

Chris
Old 2/26/05, 07:36 PM

OH man I see how it is guys, , gotcha! I will get there I assure you, Well I do plan on meeting up with him again if possible, I am a sore looser guys as much as I hate to admit this, I have had 4 other gts other than this new 05, The older ones are a little stronger or atleast 2 of my older ones, I had a fox body white 89 gt ran strong had a lot of mods, heads, cam gear, intake, and procharger 9 lbs kit, you name it, ran pretty good, 8th, of a mile ran in high 7s 1/4 ran in 12s, I think this new gt with just a few more mods will get me there, without the supercharger, kind of nice knowing this, and then knowing with a charger, i could be in low 12s or even high 11s, then I would go back and wax his a.. you know, kind of tiers me up guys , when i get pulled on even if we didnt run it out completely, i still want to wax that dodges a.. , I will youll se, in the end he will be reading my rear plates,
Old 2/26/05, 07:38 PM
V6 Member

That's one reason I would never race for money. People always try to bait you cause noone wants a fair race.

Originally posted by 6505pony@February 26, 2005, 7:56 PM
But just look at it this way. How long do you think that 4banger will hold up to the pressure of the turbo and NOS.

He will be replacing his engine every couple months or so where you'll still be :drive: .

As for the quote. I drove a 87 Grand National for almost 8 years it was a turbo V6. They ran 12-13 psi boost stock and it was common to run 17-19 on 93 octane with the stock engine. The engines were great and the cars were very fast. I got a lot of miles out of mine, and people on the buick message board commonly got 150000+ miles out of their engines modded without a problem. Just because it is a smaller engine and turbocharged doesn't mean it won't last. Remember the factory designed the engine to be turbocharged and with a warranty. Those engines will likely last as long as a naturally aspirated engine, it just depends on how you treat it. However, NOS didn't agree with Buick engines. That would be the only problem I would see in terms of longevity.
Old 2/26/05, 07:41 PM

OH man I see how it is guys, , gotcha! I will get there I assure you, Well I do plan on meeting up with him again if possible, I am a sore looser guys as much as I hate to admit this, I have had 4 other gts other than this new 05, The older ones are a little stronger or atleast 2 of my older ones, I had a fox body white 89 gt ran strong had a lot of mods, heads, cam gear, intake, and procharger 9 lbs kit, you name it, ran pretty good, 8th, of a mile ran in high 7s 1/4 ran in 12s, I think this new gt with just a few more mods will get me there, without the supercharger, kind of nice knowing this, and then knowing with a charger, i could be in low 12s or even high 11s, then I would go back and wax his a.. you know, kind of tiers me up guys , when i get pulled on even if we didnt run it out completely, i still want to wax that dodges a.. , I will youll se, in the end he will be reading my rear plates,
Old 2/26/05, 07:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

That's kinda the point I was making. There is enough stress on the engine design running a turbo and I agree it is desigend to run the turbo.

My point was running both turbo and NOS on an engine that is probably "originally" designed to run neither then modded to handle both.
Old 2/26/05, 07:53 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by 6505pony@February 26, 2005, 9:47 PM
That's kinda the point I was making. There is enough stress on the engine design running a turbo and I agree it is desigend to run the turbo.

My point was running both turbo and NOS on an engine that is probably "originally" designed to run neither then modded to handle both.

My bad.
Old 2/26/05, 08:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

No prob. I would be interested to add boost to mine only after it got close to the warranty ran out or I was sure the dealer wouldn't just look at me and laugh if there were any problems. I don't trust NOS that much on an engine displacement size and aluminum block that this car has.

Definitely would not do both.
Old 2/26/05, 08:11 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ah, those tricky Neons on steroids.
Old 2/26/05, 08:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have a Neon. Its on tranquilizers.
stock 4 cyl single overhead cam leaks oil all over the place from the head gasket.
It really has been reliable for 150k though.
Goes 0-60 in about 5.1 minutes

Quick Reply: mustang gt / dodge neon srt