GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

muffs

Search this Thread

Old 1/22/08, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
muffs

hey fellas i got alot of questions as you can see but as you can see who better to ask!!!

But anyways i was looking to spend around 400-500 on new mufflers and was wondering if you had any suggestions i want a real growl i mean the stock sounds really good for stock but i want mine to growl look forward to the suggestions and thanks
Old 1/22/08, 02:36 PM
Cobra Member

FRPP/Borla Stingers are what I bought for my first mod and I absolutely love them! The really added an awesome growl to the car. I'm sure alot of guys will back me up. Good luck in your search!
Old 1/22/08, 11:43 PM

cool yeah thats what im lookn for but how much was it for them with installation
Old 1/23/08, 05:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by officespace56
FRPP/Borla Stingers are what I bought for my first mod and I absolutely love them! The really added an awesome growl to the car. I'm sure alot of guys will back me up. Good luck in your search!
+1

I bought mine and installed the first day I brought home the car...I researched for hours and this is the best system IMO by far...they also look great with the CS rear diffuser.

Install them yourself!

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_3104526/tm.htm

Also most places carry them, and the prices vary from around $400-$550.

Most places can be had for under $500 shipped.

Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails muffs-img_3955lil.jpg  
Old 1/23/08, 08:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Reediculous
hey fellas i got alot of questions as you can see but as you can see who better to ask!!!

But anyways i was looking to spend around 400-500 on new mufflers and was wondering if you had any suggestions i want a real growl i mean the stock sounds really good for stock but i want mine to growl look forward to the suggestions and thanks
If you can afford it...get the Corsas
Old 1/23/08, 11:21 AM
GT Member

Lowest Price for FRPP/BORLA Stingers

I purchased part #: M523005GT for 1 Pair of FRPP/BORLA Stingers for $396.90.
I also purchased part # : M5251R Mustang X Pipe for$108.90, the X pipe will enhance the Stingers. I personally talked to a Ford engineer, this is his recommendation. Keep it all Ford ! You can't lose ! The dealer cannot turn you away for warrenty work !!!!!!
TOTAL INCLUDING S/H WAS $525.89 The best price on the planet. John Bleakley Ford in Georgia. Call 1-800-328-8517 ask for Chico Richie. They offer fast shipping and are very friendly. Included in the 2 boxes are complete instructions for installation of X pipe and mufflers.
REMEMBER BORLA makes the FRPP Ford Racing Mufflers, with the Ford Racing logo embossed into the chrome tailpipe. These are factory stainless T-304.
Old 1/23/08, 01:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gt/cs08
I purchased part #: M523005GT for 1 Pair of FRPP/BORLA Stingers for $396.90.
I also purchased part # : M5251R Mustang X Pipe for$108.90, the X pipe will enhance the Stingers. I personally talked to a Ford engineer, this is his recommendation. Keep it all Ford ! You can't lose ! The dealer cannot turn you away for warrenty work !!!!!!
TOTAL INCLUDING S/H WAS $525.89 The best price on the planet. John Bleakley Ford in Georgia. Call 1-800-328-8517 ask for Chico Richie. They offer fast shipping and are very friendly. Included in the 2 boxes are complete instructions for installation of X pipe and mufflers.
REMEMBER BORLA makes the FRPP Ford Racing Mufflers, with the Ford Racing logo embossed into the chrome tailpipe. These are factory stainless T-304.
You are not voiding warranty for installing axle backs. Of course they want you to keep it all Ford...doesn't he work for Ford? I just hope you don't regret it because cabin drone is a pain in the a$$. As far as I know the only muffs that are cabin drone exempt are the stock muffs and the Corsas. The Corsas sound mean when you get on it and have a great rumble, but they do not transfer the drone frequency throughout the cabin.
Old 1/23/08, 01:43 PM
Cobra Member

cool yeah thats what im lookn for but how much was it for them with installation
The installation is pretty straight forward doing it yourself. Thats what I did and I have never touched car part in my like. That led to the CAI, shifter, and LT installs in my garage. It really is a nice accomplishment installing stuff on YOUR car. I found mine on www.blueovalindustries.com, then called my local FRPP dealer and they matched the price.
Old 2/6/08, 06:45 PM

Arch, called Chico today. X pipe on its way. 124.95 to the door. best price around.
Thanks
Old 2/6/08, 06:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I like the title of this thread I just wish it was actually about muffs.

All joking aside you'll love your new stingers.
Old 2/6/08, 08:12 PM
Authorized Advertiser

Hey there,

WELL worth checking out - Stillen Axle-Back exhaust. On sale right now at $410.90 - w/Free shipping ($9.95 Insurance and Handling fee). Regular price is $456.56. In stock and ready to ship. Agressive sound - no drone inside.

http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?i...RD&model=GT500

If you would like to place an order, please make sure you call me - 866-278-8287 x134

Thanks Much

Page
Old 2/7/08, 09:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Muffs

Originally Posted by 07gtcs
If you can afford it...get the Corsas
A Big +1
Old 2/8/08, 02:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Well, you'll get everyone else's opinion so here's mine...if you're new to muscle cars and are not familiar with the concept of DRONE, stay the hell away from the Borla Stingers. I'll be the forst to admit, they sound bad ***, probably the most perfect setup for an aggressive Mustang sound. People will get out of your way when you have these mufflers, I know!

BUT>>> there's this little issue with brain rattling drone (technically it's harmonic resonance occuring inside the car's structure) that will make you want to jump out of the car between 1800 and 2200 rpm...which is exactly where you will spend most of your time in normal driving. Some on here have said they love it, some say you can fix it with gears (you can't fix it really, you just end up shifting the RPM range that it drones in) but even though you'll tell yourself you can handle it, it'll be about a month before you just dread getting into that range, and you will change them out. Don't believe me? Check all the for sale forums and you'll see lots of Borlas for sale. The problem is not specific to Borla, lots of straight through mufflers have this problem. I went through several sets and learned the hard way.

So if you want loud and aggressive at WOT, but no drone, go with Corsas or if you just want a better sounding muffler, go with the cheaper FRPP GTAs and an X-pipe. Youll get great sound and have money left over. Also, putin in an X-pipe involves getting a reciprocal saw and cutting your factory pipe. It takes about six minutes to do, and as long as you're not a total moron it's pretty easy, especially if you use the TacoBill write up on TMS. So $120 for the x-pipe and less than $300 for the mufflers, do the work yourself and have a nice steak dinner to boot!

-Darth
Old 2/8/08, 10:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have JBA stainless mufflers and they sound great also. There is a little bit of drone in that 1800-2200 rpm range, but its not that bad at all IMO. Just something else for you to consider.

Hmmm, now I'm wondering how these would sound with that x-pipe.
Old 2/8/08, 10:28 AM
Bullitt Member

No drone with my Violators and you can't beat the price either. Under $200 bucks from Brenspeed. Take the rest of the cash you will save and put it toward other mods or buy the girlfriend something nice on Valentines Day.
Old 2/9/08, 12:09 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Darth Stang
Well, you'll get everyone else's opinion so here's mine...if you're new to muscle cars and are not familiar with the concept of DRONE, stay the hell away from the Borla Stingers. I'll be the forst to admit, they sound bad ***, probably the most perfect setup for an aggressive Mustang sound. People will get out of your way when you have these mufflers, I know!

BUT>>> there's this little issue with brain rattling drone (technically it's harmonic resonance occuring inside the car's structure) that will make you want to jump out of the car between 1800 and 2200 rpm...which is exactly where you will spend most of your time in normal driving. Some on here have said they love it, some say you can fix it with gears (you can't fix it really, you just end up shifting the RPM range that it drones in) but even though you'll tell yourself you can handle it, it'll be about a month before you just dread getting into that range, and you will change them out. Don't believe me? Check all the for sale forums and you'll see lots of Borlas for sale. The problem is not specific to Borla, lots of straight through mufflers have this problem. I went through several sets and learned the hard way.

So if you want loud and aggressive at WOT, but no drone, go with Corsas or if you just want a better sounding muffler, go with the cheaper FRPP GTAs and an X-pipe. Youll get great sound and have money left over. Also, putin in an X-pipe involves getting a reciprocal saw and cutting your factory pipe. It takes about six minutes to do, and as long as you're not a total moron it's pretty easy, especially if you use the TacoBill write up on TMS. So $120 for the x-pipe and less than $300 for the mufflers, do the work yourself and have a nice steak dinner to boot!

-Darth
Will somebody call the wambulance for this guy..........J/K The stingers do drone but i wouldn't trade them for nothing!