GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

MGA Shifter kicks @ss

Search this Thread

Old 1/10/08, 05:44 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MGA Shifter kicks @ss

Just got my MGW shifter installed upon recommendation of others on a couple of the mustang sites. This thing is sweeeeeet!!! Thanks guys for talking me out of installing the hurst shifter that my buddy hooked me up with. We both drove each others car (his with the hurst and mine with the MGW) and we both love the MGW!!
Old 1/10/08, 06:26 PM
MGW
Former Vendor

what is this "MGA" company you speak of.

just kidding man i am glad you like it and thanks for giving us a chance to earn your business. maybe your firend will get too jealous and jump on board too

i do have to say that the new hurst billet unit looks good too though. i think Chris will be selling alot of them too.

regards
george
Old 1/10/08, 06:27 PM
Bullitt Member

George, When do the new shifter ***** get put up on the website?
Old 1/10/08, 07:02 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MGW
what is this "MGA" company you speak of.

just kidding man i am glad you like it and thanks for giving us a chance to earn your business. maybe your firend will get too jealous and jump on board too

i do have to say that the new hurst billet unit looks good too though. i think Chris will be selling alot of them too.

regards
george
sorry, that was a typo. im working on him now. what a great product!!
Old 1/10/08, 08:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I know the shifters great. Today was the first day with it installed. Love it
Old 1/11/08, 10:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MUSTANGLOVER73
Just got my MGW shifter installed upon recommendation of others on a couple of the mustang sites. This thing is sweeeeeet!!! Thanks guys for talking me out of installing the hurst shifter that my buddy hooked me up with. We both drove each others car (his with the hurst and mine with the MGW) and we both love the MGW!!
What do the two of you like better about the MGW?
Old 1/11/08, 10:37 AM
Cobra Member

I plan to buy an MGW sometime before spring, I've heard a lot of good things about the part and the company.
Old 1/11/08, 12:02 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 65sohc
it shifts perfectly, i dont think i can miss a gear at this point. i definately could with the hurst. dont get me wrong, im not bashing the hurst, i think it was a great product. i definately think that the MGW is much better though. It was kind of hard for me to believe it at first, afterall hurst is known to be the best. i just think it had its day and now there is a changing of the guard so to speak.
Old 1/13/08, 08:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Larmo
George, When do the new shifter ***** get put up on the website?

The new Concept Shift **** is on the website now. I installed one last week and used it for the first time yesterday. I like it a lot.

http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang2005_co...ift_knob.shtml
Old 1/13/08, 09:15 AM
GT Member

its not about the best with hurst, I and we concede that the mgw is the best and probably 100 times better, but the hurst is old school for some of us +50 geezers, and the looks of it bring out the muscle car look that we want, we are pleased you have the one you want, enjoy

Originally Posted by MUSTANGLOVER73
it shifts perfectly, i dont think i can miss a gear at this point. i definately could with the hurst. dont get me wrong, im not bashing the hurst, i think it was a great product. i definately think that the MGW is much better though. It was kind of hard for me to believe it at first, afterall hurst is known to be the best. i just think it had its day and now there is a changing of the guard so to speak.
Old 1/13/08, 11:50 AM
V6 Member

I received mine a week ago. the handle was on BO. But I need to find time to install it on my 07. Hopefully in a week or so along with my RotorPro d & S Rotors.
Old 1/13/08, 03:58 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by HAMRS_gt
its not about the best with hurst, I and we concede that the mgw is the best and probably 100 times better, but the hurst is old school for some of us +50 geezers, and the looks of it bring out the muscle car look that we want, we are pleased you have the one you want, enjoy
i can understand that. i can appreciate the fact that hurst is known as the shifter to have on a musclecar. my dad said the same thing when i bought mine. but there is a compromise for the looks and for the quality. you can always buy the mgw and use the hurst shifter ball so that you can have the performance of the mgw and the appearance of the hurst. i can respect the fact that many people on here have sentimental feelings for the hurst. i on the other hand am looking for performance and quality. Everybody has there own opinion and im definately not here to bad mouth anybody's product. i am merely stating that i have used both shifters and prefer the mgw. if that helps people on here then thats great because that is what i am trying to do. but i do respect the old school way of thinking as well.
Old 1/13/08, 06:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 65sohc
Stock shfter is garbage compared to this(no offense to anyone running stock ha). This is my first manual car and I can now tell the difference between plain stock and quality. Love it and dont regret one second of it. Its so precise and dead on. I'm not afriad I'll miss a shift now at any RPM. Little tougher to move to the left or right but I'm slowly adjusting to that.

Originally Posted by TASSY5
I received mine a week ago. the handle was on BO. But I need to find time to install it on my 07. Hopefully in a week or so along with my RotorPro d & S Rotors.
Yeah I ordered both handles so I'm using stock but I have a black 5spd cue ball dieing to go on! Haha
Old 1/13/08, 11:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Just got my 08 two weeks ago, and I already know I'm one more Mustang owner who will be soliciting George for some business.

Everything I've ever heard or seen about this shifter speaks quality.
Old 1/14/08, 12:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^ What he said. Have MGW's site bookmarked for when I order.
Old 1/14/08, 09:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by HAMRS_gt
Many owners like the flat chrome handle with HURST on the side with the white ball... I am a fan of that look myself, being of the 'old school' age group. But, I also like to have the best for my money. That's why I bought an MGW when I already had a Steeda TriAx installed, another very fine quality shifter.

As I stated above, I too am of the 'old school' age, I thought an MGW flat handle would probably catch the fancy of most buyers who were having a problem deciding between the Hurst and MGW. I even sent George a couple of sketches of ideas I had for flat handles.... ref: 'MGW Flat Handle Poll' in this forum.... but, George doesn't feel it is ecconomically feasible to manufacture a flat handle.

The poll didn't have as good a response as I had hoped... Too bad, I would have liked to have the option of a flat handle.

Bobby M.
Old 1/15/08, 02:18 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
MGW has one of the most expensive shifters but as the old saying goes "you get what you pay for", the MGW is worth every penny.
Old 1/15/08, 11:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I just finished ordering one from the MGW website. Now I wait.
Old 1/16/08, 06:47 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 06GT
MGW has one of the most expensive shifters but as the old saying goes "you get what you pay for", the MGW is worth every penny.
+1
Old 1/16/08, 11:29 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 06GT
+1, MGW

(unless you are dealing with the goverment)

Quick Reply: MGA Shifter kicks @ss