GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

MAC Performance Axle Back Kit

Search this Thread

Old 3/14/05, 12:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Just wondering if anyone has the MAC Performance axle back kit? If so, do you have a soundclip??, I know one of my good buddies John (05SatinGT) had them and he said they were loud as heck and they sounded like flowmasters. But I just heard a good soundclip of the SLP Loudmouth's and I'm still up in the air again between the two exhaust's and I was curious to see if anyone had the MAC Performance axle back's and what they thought of them & possibly a sound clip??
Old 3/14/05, 05:26 PM

Originally posted by MaverickMLFD371@March 14, 2005, 1:55 PM
Just wondering if anyone has the MAC Performance axle back kit? If so, do you have a soundclip??, I know one of my good buddies John (05SatinGT) had them and he said they were loud as heck and they sounded like flowmasters. But I just heard a good soundclip of the SLP Loudmouth's and I'm still up in the air again between the two exhaust's and I was curious to see if anyone had the MAC Performance axle back's and what they thought of them & possibly a sound clip??

You found a "good" clip of the SLP's? Where?

My buddy had a mac on his 95 5.0 and it was very nice. I dunno how it sounds on the 05 but I would be interested to hear it as well.
Old 3/14/05, 06:33 PM

http://www.rsmooth.com/05/Mufflers.wmv thats a link right there, and thats what im going with, hope he doesnt mind it
Old 3/14/05, 09:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by iviustang50h+March 14, 2005, 8:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(iviustang50h @ March 14, 2005, 8:29 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-MaverickMLFD371@March 14, 2005, 1:55 PM

You found a "good" clip of the SLP's? Where?

My buddy had a mac on his 95 5.0 and it was very nice. I dunno how it sounds on the 05 but I would be interested to hear it as well.
[/b][/quote]

SLP Loudmouth Exhaust

There is the link to the SLP Loudmouth

Man that MAC Performance sounds great! Sweet!
Old 4/1/05, 05:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

**UPDATE 4/1** - Just got a e-mail back from MAC Performance asking them about performance and numbers on their products. 27 Rear Wheel Horsepower with the Cat-Back Kit and Shorty Headers!! They told me they were having a hard time uploading the Dyno Sheets into their computer and as soon as they get them on their computer they will send them to me and I will be more than happy to post them. 27 Horsepower, MAC Exhaust has got my vote!!
Old 4/2/05, 05:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by JerseyBlue@March 14, 2005, 7:36 PM
http://www.rsmooth.com/05/Mufflers.wmv thats a link right there, and thats what im going with, hope he doesnt mind it

Any word about the drone factor with the Macs? They sound awesome and are priced the best for full SS mufflers.
70Mach1Owner
Old 4/2/05, 07:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

I just installed the Mac axle back mufflers yesterday! I previously had the SLP loudmouths on and even though the sound was awesome, there were times when it was just a little too loud for me!

The Mac's are a good compromise and I think they sound the best of any mufflers I have heard to date other than the Bassani maybe.

Very, very deep tone and where the SLP's got even louder and almost too raspy at higher RPM's the Mac's seem to level out around 3000 instead of getting louder.

I have a .mov clip but can't seem to upload it any where??? any advice?

Mike
Old 5/4/05, 07:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by orthoguy@April 2, 2005, 10:51 AM
I just installed the Mac axle back mufflers yesterday! I previously had the SLP loudmouths on and even though the sound was awesome, there were times when it was just a little too loud for me!

The Mac's are a good compromise and I think they sound the best of any mufflers I have heard to date other than the Bassani maybe.

Very, very deep tone and where the SLP's got even louder and almost too raspy at higher RPM's the Mac's seem to level out around 3000 instead of getting louder.

I have a .mov clip but can't seem to upload it any where??? any advice?

Mike
I just put mine on. Took about an hour with the car flat on the ground. Sorry, don't have a digital movie camera.

The sound at idle is nice, and pretty aggressive through the rev range. There is a nasty f***ing drone at some of the lower rpms (cruise at 60 in 5th and your teeth will rattle) but other than that sound is pretty good. I had previously heard Flowmaster American Thunders on an '05, but my order was backordered for 3 weeks and I gave up. This was my second choice

FWIW, regarding installation, the left hand side's rear most hanger BARELY fits into the rubber sleeve on the bracket, while the right hand side has plenty of room. Also, the right hand side exhaust tip hangs a bit lower. My son works at Monroe Muffler, so I'll probably have him check it out within the next week or so.

John
Old 5/5/05, 12:16 AM
Bullitt Member

I just don't get where you guys are saying these things have bad drone. The only drone I even get is lugging it in to low of a gear. Coarse, my other daily driver is a 454 El Camino with 3" Flows. Maybe I am loosing my hearing . The MACS sound great.