GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Looking for PROCHAMBER soundclips

Search this Thread

Old 5/19/05 | 12:24 PM
GT Member

Ok I've been scouring the net for weeks now looking for a soundclip or even a review of someone with the prochamber on the 05 GT. I see plenty of posts where people have the prochamber but no soundclips or review. Would someone with a prochamber preferbly with cats at least tell me what they think about it? I'm looking to make my car louder and deeper and thinking the prochamber is the way to go.
Old 5/19/05 | 12:36 PM
Bullitt Member

I also haven't heard one with a prochamber yet...?!?

Where are the sound clips?!?!?!?!?

Old 5/19/05 | 12:42 PM
FR500 Member

Why not make the title of the topic, "Looking for a soundclip of a Pro Chamber?" or something to that affect. Writing the word 6 times in CAPS is not only confusing, but excessive. Pro Chamber is two words anyways...

As far as a sound clip, if somone had one, they probabaly wouldn't even post it here because nobody would know that you wanted it by reading the thread title.

On a somewhat lighter note, if you are waiting to hear a sound clip before you buy a Pro Chamber, don't waste your time. Just get it. Pro Chambers have an awesome deep sound and it's one of the loudest mid-pipes you can get. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
Old 5/19/05 | 12:52 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by acadian@May 19, 2005, 12:45 PM
Why not make the title of the topic, "Looking for a soundclip of a Pro Chamber?" or something to that affect. Writing the word 6 times in CAPS is not only confusing, but excessive. Pro Chamber is two words anyways...

As far as a sound clip, if somone had one, they probabaly wouldn't even post it here because nobody would know that you wanted it by reading the thread title.

On a somewhat lighter note, if you are waiting to hear a sound clip before you buy a Pro Chamber, don't waste your time. Just get it. Pro Chambers have an awesome deep sound and it's one of the loudest mid-pipes you can get. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
I might just do that. I've posted "looking for soundclips of the prochamber" in multiple forums with no luck. So I figured this time I'd just post "prochamber" in the hopes it'd get someones attention.
Old 5/19/05 | 01:55 PM
FR500 Member

Well, I guess you got mine... but I don't have a soundclip. If you aren't getting responses it's because nobody has a clip yet. With the Pro Chamber being fairly new, it's going to take a while to find a guy who has it, has the right equipment to record a video and/or sound file, and who is willing to take the time to do it and upload it to the web. But don't let that stop you from getting it. Sound files over the net can be deceiving anyway. You'll like the Pro Chamber. And if you don't, you can send it back. Maybe in some ironic twist of fate, you'll be the first one to post a sound clip of a Pro Chamber on an '05 stang.
Old 5/26/05 | 01:33 PM
GT Member

Well you may just be right. I ordered the prochamber today. Got the cheapie that bolts to stock cats for $299.00. Also ordered the SLP loudmouths for it. Hope it isn't too loud, germany don't like loud cars
Old 5/26/05 | 02:42 PM
FR500 Member

If you keep your cats, it won't be TOO loud, but it should have a nice deep rumble over stock. I have no cats, and will also be getting the Pro Chamber, and that should definitely wake the neighbors.
Old 5/26/05 | 04:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by rakkassan34@May 26, 2005, 2:36 PM
Well you may just be right. I ordered the prochamber today. Got the cheapie that bolts to stock cats for $299.00. Also ordered the SLP loudmouths for it. Hope it isn't too loud, germany don't like loud cars
Where did you order from?
Old 5/26/05 | 05:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Zodiac@May 26, 2005, 6:23 PM
Where did you order from?
Yeah... I would be interested to know where you ordered from as well. I was looking at the Bassani line, but I am still on the fence due to the price. Another option was the AMerican Thunder kit and the Pro-Chambers.
Old 5/26/05 | 05:23 PM
GT Member

I did a quick "froogle" search HERE. Looks like the cheapest price was $399 shipped for the offroad Pro-chamber. Getting the one that bolts up to the stock cats may not change the sound much, and it definitely won't make it louder - although changing to the SLP loudmouths will make it louder. Could be a great combo SLP with prochamber.

I haven't heard a prochamber on the '05 yet, but with 2v and 4v mustangs in the past, and I've always been impressed.
Old 5/26/05 | 05:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 96vert@May 26, 2005, 7:26 PM
I did a quick "froogle" search HERE. Looks like the cheapest price was $399 shipped for the offroad Pro-chamber. Getting the one that bolts up to the stock cats may not change the sound much, and it definitely won't make it louder - although changing to the SLP loudmouths will make it louder. Could be a great combo SLP with prochamber.

I haven't heard a prochamber on the '05 yet, but with 2v and 4v mustangs in the past, and I've always been impressed.
He stated that he got them for $299.00. I am always willing to save a hundrend clams!
Old 5/26/05 | 09:43 PM
V6 Member

I have the catted Pro chamber and absolutley love it....of course its connected to their longtubes, so that does make a little difference in the exhaust note I ordered mine through Partshopper w/the discount and got it for $424 delivered.
Old 5/26/05 | 11:29 PM
GT Member

I was wrong, the price is $269.00 from rpmoutlet.com. Remember this is just the midpipe no cats and no offroad pipes.
Old 6/1/05 | 09:05 AM
Bullitt Member

just installed the prochamber mid that connects to stock cats, at first there was no sound difference , drove it alittle now it seems to have a deep rumble it mught be just a tad more louder but definitly more deeper. As for performance wise feels a bit more torque. Over all im pleased....
Old 6/1/05 | 11:10 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by fastrek82@June 1, 2005, 9:08 AM
just installed the prochamber mid that connects to stock cats, at first there was no sound difference , drove it alittle now it seems to have a deep rumble it mught be just a tad more louder but definitly more deeper. As for performance wise feels a bit more torque. Over all im pleased....
Nice, thank you. Mine will be shipping this week but being in Germany it will take a couple of weeks. I'm still planning on posting a sound clip
Old 6/8/05 | 10:29 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by fastrek82@June 1, 2005, 9:08 AM
Hey fastrek did you do the install yourself? Mine came in and I'm looking for installation tips. It doesn't look like that difficult but you know how that goes. I'm planning on doing this with a couple of jackstands and what little handtools I have.