GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Look what I went and did

Search this Thread

Old 2/5/06, 09:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Well I did it FRRP 3.73 Gears, BMR Carbon Fiber Driveshaft Lower Control Rods, TCI Street Fighter Torque Converter as well as CDC Hood Struts and a whole mess of stuff from MGW to dress the interior.
I think these should keep me happy for a little while, still need to pick up a Excal2 wuth tunes.
anyone seen Doug?
Old 2/5/06, 10:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CDGun @ February 5, 2006, 11:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well I did it FRRP 3.73 Gears, BMR Carbon Fiber Driveshaft Lower Control Rods, TCI Street Fighter Torque Converter as well as CDC Hood Struts and a whole mess of stuff from MGW to dress the interior.
I think these should keep me happy for a little while, still need to pick up a Excal2 wuth tunes.
anyone seen Doug?
[/b][/quote]

Hmmmmmmm........nice picks Chris, I'm trying to make a final, final decision about 4:10's vs 3:73's so I'd be really, really appreciative if you could give me your opinion when they're in. Everyone I've talked to (and read about) says 4"10's are the way to go but I'm not positive that my Alternative Auto tune (which really kicks) needs something so low. But.....most have gone that way so there must be something to them. I'm also curious to hear some feedback about the BMR driveshaft. That big, long (and controversial post that started just after Katrina hit) ended up having no ending to it......it was terminated before the driving opinion was posted.

And give Lidio at Alternative Auto a call about your tune. He and Doug seem to be about even on the "wow" factor they provide but Lidio specializes in our automatics.

Looking forward to hearing about your results......

Mark
Old 2/5/06, 10:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mark, you could always go with the 3.90s to get an in-between for your car. I've been interested in the single piece driveshaft since that long thread a while ago, but $1000 is a little pricey for me right now. And I don't think I'll be challenging the 500-600hp limit of the stock piece anytime soon.
Old 2/6/06, 07:03 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Original Sin @ February 6, 2006, 1:12 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

And give Lidio at Alternative Auto a call about your tune. He and Doug seem to be about even on the "wow" factor they provide but Lidio specializes in our automatics.

Looking forward to hearing about your results......

Mark
[/b][/quote]

I think th 3.73's will do the trick along with the torque converter and the BMR driveshaft.
After hearing about 169stang Engine I thought better to be safe than sorry when it comes time to get close to 500 - 600 rwhp.
I'll give Lidio a call today
Old 2/6/06, 11:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Enfynet @ February 6, 2006, 12:27 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Mark, you could always go with the 3.90s to get an in-between for your car. I've been interested in the single piece driveshaft since that long thread a while ago, but $1000 is a little pricey for me right now. And I don't think I'll be challenging the 500-600hp limit of the stock piece anytime soon.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks Justin, I'll discuss it with the shop before I commit. I was sort of hoping to stick with FRP gears though, I believe 3:90's are from Motive or somewhere else??

I'll hang on for a bit to get some feedback from Chris, it's starting to snow here again anyways [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

Mark