GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

kind of slow here lately.any good racing stories

Search this Thread

Old 4/6/05, 08:58 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
on the street . i know its illegal but it happens sometimes.
Old 4/6/05, 09:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
handily took an e36 Dinan M3, even with a passenger and two backpacks and a golf bag. it was fun.

took a 250wph srt-4. it had exhuast and intake and boost controller. close race but steady pull away

got smoked by an e55 amg kompressor with 4 kids in it. i know em it was just for fun pullin out of school...but daaamn SC v8s kick hiney even in a 4500lb car

took an MR evo. pulled away slow from light and shifted easy into second. he went and i went back to first and spun it off to the side a lil and spun em good into second and by then we were even again, then the hard chirp into 3rd and i was a half car ahead and he backed off.

i have 4.10s KandN drop in and predator 91oct tune
Old 4/7/05, 12:30 AM
FR500 Member

Only one street race. A co-worker in a 95' LT1 Vette. We found ourselves together at a stoplight one morning. I rolled down my window and said, "well look what we have here, we gotta go". We did, and he even got the jump on me, but it was no contest I immediately went right past him and he stayed on my rear quarter panel until I had to back off for upcoming traffic.

He "tried" to claim victory, I just gave him a look, and he laughed and admitted I took him easily. He thought I changed my mind casue I such a late start, couldn't believe how easily I caught right up and got by him.

I found out a little reason why it was so easy. I had no idea how high those LT-1's were geared. He's got 2.53's in it.
Old 4/7/05, 10:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Man i race all the time vettes mustangs z28s and win most of the time .
Old 4/7/05, 02:56 PM
FR500 Member

As long as it's not a Z06 Vette, we should be able to take them. Raced a Camaro and a Silverado SS both last week. Those trucks are real fast... but neither was much of a challenge.
Old 4/10/05, 04:23 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by acadian@April 7, 2005, 1:59 PM
As long as it's not a Z06 Vette, we should be able to take them. Raced a Camaro and a Silverado SS both last week. Those trucks are real fast... but neither was much of a challenge.

I pulled up to a crosswalk stop light this morning..I had just finished installing my eibach pro kit (awesome), and was out for a quick test drive. I was right next to a 67 or 69 camaro SS 396 (one of my favorite cars of all time) but he had a car in front of him at the light. next thing I know the car in front of the camaro blows the light (must have wanted to see the race unfold...

anyway the light turned green and I eased out the clutch. He stomped on the throttle (darn that 396 was really mean sounding) i stepped on the gas and chirped into second and pulled about a car length on him, and then to third with another chirp (I wanted to kiss my tri-ax shifter at this point) and pulled away steadily till we hit about 85 and slowed down. he pulled up with a huge grin on his face same as me... what a day!!!

i just installed 4.10 gears, a tri-ax shifter, and an eibach pro-kit

WOW what an awesome machine!!!
Old 4/10/05, 05:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Saturday around 3pm. Long straight strech of RT 2 in Maryland. Sunny, no clouds in the sky at all. 65 degrees outside with a slight breeze. Dark Blue/Purple Camaro Convertible, one of the last years it was made. We tooled up to around 130 mph before a traffic light loomed ahead and we had to slow down. I was pulling away when we both saw the need for less speed! He tested me on one other section of the same road. I pulled away from him again, but this time he got up to speed faster. We both slowed for the next traffic light and went our seperate ways.
Old 4/10/05, 08:27 PM

Last night coming home from dinner an 03 or 04 GT with a body kit and exhaust rode up on my bumper in the fast lane. I goosed it and the guy wanted some so we went. I dropped it to 4th and immediatly started to pull away, the three valve definatly has a lot more top end than the 2V. We had to slow for traffic but the guy didn't give up so we did it again a couple more times, easily walked him every time right up to 120 or so. On the last time I was pretty far ahead so I quit and just coasted down to a sane speed. The guy pulled a classic ricer-in-a-civic fly-by and gave me a good rev as he passed by! He really showed me!

I've had lots of tuner car fly-bys-and-revs, for some reason it like moths to a flame with these guys -except moths don't have fart cannons.
Old 4/10/05, 11:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well... I don't really know the "Rules of Engagement" for street racing. However last night at about 1130 I was at a stoplight on an industrial, 50mph, road. So when the light turned green I just played my way up to 60mph in 1-2-3. Not really pushing it but giving me enough to have fun. :drive: Next thing I know this fairly recent model blue Celica goes flying past me and hits his flashers. I was like "wtf?" :scratch: So I just kept goin at about 55 and ended up catching up to him doing like 40. Well he just kinda looked over at me so when I looked back I dropped into 2nd and took off. I didn't really feel like racing, and couldn't understand WHY a Celica would want to race a GT So I did my own thing, hit 80 and slowed down (the speed limit was about to drop from 50 to 35) and answered my phone. He didn't look very happy when he passed me.

Why does this car make other drivers around me act stupid? It scares me.
:drive:
Old 4/11/05, 12:38 AM
Bullitt Member

This last Friday, I was heading South down I-5 to towards Seattle. There were about five of us in all. It started out with myself and a f-body camaro, we weren't racing just following each other in and out of traffic, next thing I know an later model saleen and and two GT's come screaming by and next thing I know were all gunnin it down I-5.

I know, I know, no need to be racing, but we weren't really racing just driving really fast, plus the portion of I-5 we were on is pretty desolate. The speed limit is 70 and there was no one around.

It was pretty sweet though. Man at one time, we all had to be pushing 120. It was a thing of beauty.
Old 4/11/05, 05:57 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I know this is the wrong place, but I liked haring your success stories so much, I thought you would like to hear my favorite loss. I have an '03 V6, and I was in Kokomo, IN and it was about 4 in the morning... pulled up to like a 2002 Vette at a light. I looked over and saw a guy about 65 in the drivers seat. Didn't think I was going to see any action.... I was going to try it anyway, but this guy turned it loose from the green and smoked my a--!!!! It was so funny....I never thought I would like losing so much. I never expected him to do it.
Old 4/11/05, 09:01 AM
Bullitt Member

I was driving in the fast lane on a major highway when a Lexus IS300 comes rolling up in the middle lane. I had a slow car a head of me so I get in the middle lane behind the IS300 and we start slowly creeping to 100mph in the fast lane. No racing, just a slow creep. We hit some more traffic and we both notice the far right lane open WIDE up. I get over in the middle lane, allow him to get over, and then it happened. A little puff of black smoke came from his exhaust and his rear end dipped a bit. I immediately drop it into 3rd and take off with him in the right lane. I top out of 3rd, then top out of 4th, then shortly after going into 5th we have to brake... HARD.

His car was completely 'supped up' but I have no idea what was under the hood. The car not only had tint, exhaust, full body kit.... but it also had a full body custom paint job - a black to red fade that looked pretty good. It was rice, but you know he had some show. One thing that wasn't upgraded was the brakes! He had some trouble stopping and went into the shoulder for a second.

I almost felt embarrased because he wasn't gaining on me, but I wasn't gaining on him either. We just stuck together even though I was at WOT. This car is definately made for the 0-60 run more so than ***** out speed.

=====

On a slightly lighter note. I was leaving work when I had to wait for an early 90's stang to pass me by. I got onto the road and noticed him braking. I caught up with him and we ran alongside each other for a bit. He had 3 people in the car with him, including himself. I could tell it was stock, but I know being a mustang owner he wanted a show. I dropped it into 2nd, and I let him take off first. Then I just burned through second and into third before I had to get on the interstate. (it was about 12:30AM at the time, nothing around). He passed me by and gave a wave out the window as a salute. I love the comradery with this car!

I love my car=)
Old 4/11/05, 09:05 AM
Cobra Member

Whats a ricer fly by?

I get alot of bait but have as of yet bitten. It's almost like it's more fun letting them get all crazy trying to provoke me. I think if someone pulled up and asked me in a polite, cool way I'd do it for fun, but not when they are being complete morons gunning it tailgating or cutting me off.
Old 4/11/05, 07:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Well I know I don't have a new stang YET but I did race one on my way home from school. I noticed some kid I know in my neighborhood got a new 05 stang GT. So when I saw him at one of the stop signs I rolled down my window and asked if he wanted to go. He said ya and we determined to go on honk three. So we did and he had a very clunkey start. He never missed a gear all the way up to about 100 but he took a real long time to shift. Back to the race. . . he had a bad start and by the time he got things in order I was almost at red line in first gear and just kept on going, I got to give him some credit he started to putt about half way through second gear but he stayed at my rear fender till 100. Then we stoped again and talked and we decided to give it another go. This time he had a better launch and he started at about my rear fender and worked his way to my door at about half way through secone and once again I held him there till about 100. Nice kid, but he has to learn how to drive better.
Old 4/11/05, 07:53 PM
Bullitt Member

ive actually kept tally of all my races in my AIM sig. sumn like 50wins 10losses and 3ties or so don remember.

anyway, fav loss story...
cruisin with friend and gf in the car and pull next to a guy i know with a turbo m3. we gun it at 20mph and i pulled bout 1ft even tho i was spinnin the tires good...then his turbo spooled up and he took off like i was stopped at a light...i knew i would lose, but it was kinda fun losin THAT bad, as weird as that sounds.

o btw he's runnin 20.5lbs of boost
o ya...and he runs 11.7 at 128 on 255 street tires
Old 4/11/05, 08:28 PM

Whats a ricer fly by?
The classic ricer fly-by is a civic or what have you with that ever present fart pipe that usually pulls up beside you on the highway, gives you a quick once over, falls back about a quarter mile and then comes flying by at twice the speed limit. If you are really lucky they will push in the clutch and give you a rev or two as they pass your door. It is a regular occurance for me here in DFW.

Certainly my absolute favorite thing to do with these rice guys now that the weather is nice is what I do when I ride my motorcycle to work. I ride a nicely modded Kawi Vulcan with straight drag pipes. When a ricer gives me a flyby I just goose it to ease up on their open window, pull in the clutch and run it to the 8K rev limiter before I slip the clutch and dissappear. From what I can tell in my rearview mirrors they usually look like they have just made a mess in their pants. My exhaust at full tilt boogie is pretty much deafening -perfect.
Old 4/12/05, 07:48 PM

On my way home from work tonight I was following a new BMW 3 Series through the twisties I usually take home. All of a sudden, the guy hits it and pulls out to a decent lead. I think, OK Ricky Racer, let's see what ya got. I was on his a## in a second and had to back WAY off to stay out of his pipes. Finally ended it by passing him on the outside of a long right hand sweeper, started at 75 and by 85 he was in the mirror. This GT handles really good and don't be afraid of Euro's in the curves. The Stang will eat most of them alive.
Old 4/12/05, 08:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have received absolutely NOTHING in the challenge department in the 2 weeks that I have owned the car. People used to try to race me in my Expedition. WTF is going on here?

Sean
Old 4/12/05, 08:40 PM
Cobra Member

well not a 05 story but here it is..... i was at a charity event the other night and noticed a dodge viper strolling around the area .. i thought to myself man i would like to run him in my 92gt.. so as i am driving home i stop at a light and what pulls up to me the viper. light turns green and you can tell he wants to have some fun so i punch it alittle and so does he..it is at this time i remember my g/f father is in the car.. i slowed down cause i don`t want him to think that i drive like that with his daughter in the car .. have i been alone the speedo would have been pegged.. i know i had no chance just the fun of it.
Old 4/12/05, 11:11 PM
Cobra Member

Killed a new goat (GTO) on my way home today!

6.0 litre GTO, from a dead stop. we both hammered it and my little yellow 05 stang with my trusty 4.10 gears ran away from him steadily up to about 130 when we decided to chill out. I had about 8 car lengths on him by 3rd gear, and about 20 by the time we backed off.

he was a total jerk about it too! i gave him a thumbs up, and he flipped me off and flipped a quick turn off the road.

poor guy....

what happened with GTOs anyway, they were cool in the late 60's early 70's and now they are kinda ugly. but hey at least they are keeping the american muscle car alive..

Quick Reply: kind of slow here lately.any good racing stories