GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Kenne Bell on order!

Search this Thread

Old 4/19/06, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Order up a new Shortblock.You will need one after you throw a rod thru the side of the block.Save your self the trouble and exchange it out with a stout lower end.Stock powdered rods dont like boost.
Old 4/20/06, 06:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

oh please. come on now. they have been running their R&D car for abotu a year or more now with the stock 8psi and intercooler and havent thrown a rod. its when you get past that range you are going to run into trouble. im not disagreeing with you that the stock rods suck. They do. But at 8psi he and I will be fine provided we dont run around all day at 6000rpms. Yes a S/C will shorten the lifespan of the engine. but as don_W said once, if you want to play you gotta pay. If the enginge goes, build a new one [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 4/20/06, 07:46 PM

I just had my KB installed for my 06. You are going to love it. Our only problem was clearing the computer of my old canned tune. It was really strange...It had a diablo 93 tune for my CAI and after we backed it out to the original factory tune and loaded the KB tune... it would start but go into failsafe (could not give her gas). My mechanic was using SCT tuning software so called them to see if they had an idea of the problem. They said that we should remove power to the PCM for an hour to clear any data that was corrupt or left from the canned tune. We did this several times to no avail. It wasnt until we completely disconnected the PCM from the car that we were able to clear the memory. Apparently even if you disconnect the battery there is still enough juice in the car to maintain the PCMs memory. It ended up being an easy fix in the end but wasted 3 hours of our time. Other than that the car made great power. Believe it or not it is a great sleeper blower. At 8 psi there is NO wine. It is whisper quiet. You may or may not like this but I think its pretty cool. I hope you enjoy. There are no real words to describe the difference you will feel the first time you hit the gas. Good luck.

And here are some hood pics:
Old 4/20/06, 08:35 PM
GT Member

Ohh Kenne is that nice. Sweet car.
Old 4/20/06, 08:36 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(94tbird @ April 20, 2006, 8:17 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
oh please. come on now. they have been running their R&D car for abotu a year or more now with the stock 8psi and intercooler and havent thrown a rod.[/b][/quote]

See, that statement right there should be enough to dissuade someone from buying a blower. Of course, if you have deep pockets and don't care about blowing up, more power (pardon the pun) to ya. But for me, only having these cars out a little more than a year, isn't long enough to make a wise decision on such a drastic mod. But again, if you got the dough, get the go.
Old 4/20/06, 09:00 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mikem @ April 19, 2006, 7:47 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Order up a new Shortblock.You will need one after you throw a rod thru the side of the block.Save your self the trouble and exchange it out with a stout lower end.Stock powdered rods dont like boost.
[/b][/quote]

What the $%&# is wrong with you? Let the guy enjoy his KB, plenty of people are doing ok.
Old 4/20/06, 09:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(panhandlegt @ April 20, 2006, 6:49 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I just had my KB installed for my 06. You are going to love it. Our only problem was clearing the computer of my old canned tune. It was really strange...It had a diablo 93 tune for my CAI and after we backed it out to the original factory tune and loaded the KB tune... it would start but go into failsafe (could not give her gas). My mechanic was using SCT tuning software so called them to see if they had an idea of the problem. They said that we should remove power to the PCM for an hour to clear any data that was corrupt or left from the canned tune. We did this several times to no avail. It wasnt until we completely disconnected the PCM from the car that we were able to clear the memory. Apparently even if you disconnect the battery there is still enough juice in the car to maintain the PCMs memory. It ended up being an easy fix in the end but wasted 3 hours of our time. Other than that the car made great power. Believe it or not it is a great sleeper blower. At 8 psi there is NO wine. It is whisper quiet. You may or may not like this but I think its pretty cool. I hope you enjoy. There are no real words to describe the difference you will feel the first time you hit the gas. Good luck.

And here are some hood pics:
[/b][/quote]

Congrats!!! Enjoy it!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/21/06, 07:26 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shifty @ April 20, 2006, 10:03 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
What the $%&# is wrong with you? Let the guy enjoy his KB, plenty of people are doing ok.
[/b][/quote]
Maybe you should visit the other Forum where Myself and Other more Technical HP adding people Hang and you can see the List that is getting real long of Broken Boosted engines.If your tune is not on the Money with boost.You will finally get to see the inside of your engine [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img]
Old 4/22/06, 01:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mikem @ April 21, 2006, 6:29 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Maybe you should visit the other Forum where Myself and Other more Technical HP adding people Hang and you can see the List that is getting real long of Broken Boosted engines.If your tune is not on the Money with boost.You will finally get to see the inside of your engine [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
I'm really looking to boost in '07. I'd like to see more peoples' experiences. where is that forum? would they happen to have a sticky of blowed up motors?
Old 4/22/06, 08:08 AM

M O D U L A R F O R D
Old 5/1/06, 07:41 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mac07cobra @ May 1, 2006, 7:22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I saw on another forum that you need to put colder spark plugs in to keep the kb kit from throwing codes? Have any of you had that problem with knock or det codes?
[/b][/quote]
No codes yet. : [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 5/1/06, 11:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

i got the colder plugs sittin here waiting for the kenne bell to arrive
Old 5/1/06, 11:23 PM
Cobra Member

since old tbird and I have been talking, i am very tempted to go from vortec to kb. I am impressed.
Old 5/2/06, 04:41 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Torrence @ May 1, 2006, 11:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
since old tbird and I have been talking, i am very tempted to go from vortec to kb. I am impressed.
[/b][/quote]

Torrence, You and Tbird are in competition to see who can go fastest. By the end of the year both of you will be blown, juiced (nitrous) and cammed trying to see if you can do 9 or 10's. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] I'ts gonna be fun seeing your cars in action. If only you can make it to the track. I bet after your first time there your next purchase will be some 16 inch rims for wed nights. Wish I was there with you guys at this meet but I should see you at the next one.
Old 5/2/06, 06:17 AM

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2005-mu...ines-50665.html
Order Up some Shortblocks for your KB,s
Old 5/2/06, 08:42 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mikem @ May 2, 2006, 8:20 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

let us find out the hard way.
Old 5/2/06, 09:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mikem @ May 2, 2006, 5:20 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]
Why are you so anti-blower/turbo? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] Not all of us want our power to be soley dependant on a bottle in the trunk.
Old 5/2/06, 10:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

yea right. stop hating man. we got your opinion the first time. and again the second time. yet again the third time. i think we know where you stand. you can be quiet now and move on to a new thread. you sound like you belong on stangnet [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Kenne Bell on order!