GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

K&N Intake on sale

Search this Thread

Old 5/29/05, 12:52 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All who are interested, the K&N Intake system is on sale at Brother's Performance for $199.99 plus free shipping if you order before May 31st. I just ordered one, sorry Jay.... don't want to void my warrenty yet....... I'll let ya know when I get it. Brothers Performance
Old 5/30/05, 06:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

void your warranty, who told you that???
Old 5/30/05, 07:22 PM
Cobra R Member

What makes you think K&N wont void warranty if any other cai will. No one item like that should void your warranty. But putting on a K&N is no different than putting on a jlt , steeda, etc.
Old 5/30/05, 07:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I believe he's referring to K&N saying you don't need to flash after installation of their CAI.
Old 5/30/05, 07:40 PM
Cobra R Member

Well I believe a lot of them say that, but saying and doing are two different things. But too each his own. If you dont know how your car is running, rich vs. lean etc. then you probably dont need to be changing to performance mods on your car, unless you plan on someone that does know what he or she is doing to work on it. Cars are just too expensive these days to play around with things unless you got the money to fix em.
Old 5/30/05, 07:48 PM
FR500 Member

Look people, the only determining factor in the voiding of your warranty is the dealership. Nothing else!

Making statements that a certain mod will void your warranty is a fool's game, and is completely blind speculation unless YOUR dealer said that it does for YOUR car. There are NO universal rules to apply across the board here.

I can install a performance tune and NOT void my warranty, same with a CAI, same with headers, and aftermarket mufflers. My dealership could give a poop.

Now, if I were to go up the street to another dealer, they would make me take off anything aftermarket before they would even look at the car. Guess what? Both dealerships are SVT dealers too.

If you have a concern about a particular mod voiding your warranty, the only way to find out is to ask your service advisor.

Nobody here on this board or elsewhere can tell you.
Old 5/30/05, 07:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I still think if it doesn't need a tune, it's not that good. And more than likely, it does need a tune, but K&N is looking to get the market for the people that don't want or can't get a tune. It makes sense, how many people are going to pay $600 for a CAI and tune when they can pay $200 for a CAI that doesn't need a tune, and supposedly get the same effect? It's a great marketing ploy, but I think either the K&N isn't all that good, or if it is that good, then it needs a tune or the car will be running lean since the computer doesn't learn on it's on very well.
Old 5/30/05, 08:03 PM
Cobra Member

Once again, a mod will not void your warranty. The only thing that they can do is refuse a claim if a failure is proven to be caused by a mod.

Magnuson Moss Warranty Act
Old 5/31/05, 06:35 AM
Team Mustang Source

Anyone check out the RPM outlet who put out a K&N and Diablo Sport Predator tuner kit???
Old 5/31/05, 07:53 AM
Cobra Member

I just wanted to let everyone know about the price I found. I talked to my dealer and they said I CANNOT reflash the computer. Even though I want too...... I just opted for this and figured I'd let you guys in on a good deal I found if anyone was interested. I really wanted the JLT set up but just won't (can't) go that route with the dealer I use.... After the factory warrenty is up I will. Didn't want to start another CAI/warranty battle... I'll let y'all know how it goes when I get it.
Old 5/31/05, 04:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

I go with 66. I have not directly asked mine but in general "what if" discussions, a retune would apparently get their shorts in a knot but installing a CAI, without a tune, isn't that much of a big thing. So..I am going with the K&N, installing the HC in it for the time being. I do so realizing if an engine related (?) problem develops, then I have made the call and will have to deal/fight it out possibly. From reading another thread, some folks have had the K&N in without a CEL and at least they have said they "feel" an improvement in responsiveness - no dyno stats to my knowledge.
Old 5/31/05, 05:01 PM

Originally posted by Mustang69-05@May 31, 2005, 7:56 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know about the price I found. I talked to my dealer and they said I CANNOT reflash the computer. Even though I want too...... I just opted for this and figured I'd let you guys in on a good deal I found if anyone was interested. I really wanted the JLT set up but just won't (can't) go that route with the dealer I use.... After the factory warrenty is up I will. Didn't want to start another CAI/warranty battle... I'll let y'all know how it goes when I get it.
Agreeing with Sixty Six-I'd be looking for another dealership to work with. My dealer knows of every mod that I've done. The service manager has only asked me to never have it towed in with slicks on and rubber all over the wheel wells. It's totally up to the dealership. They can either stick close to the Magnuson Moss Act or work with you. First and foremost, if you think a mod is going to cause damage, you shouldn't be doing it. If the potential breakage costs more to repair than one can afford, you shouldn't be doing it. I broke the stock differential, but didn't take it in for warranty for 2 reasons. 1. It broke due to my abuse and all the mods 2. I didn't want to install the OEM one just for it to break again.