GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

just installed SLP LM's

Search this Thread

Old 6/24/08, 06:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just installed SLP LM's

all i can say is D@MN! these things are loud as h3ll!!!! they def go with vanity plate (which wont arrive for another 3 weeks) S1NISTR. my friend says the car now sounds like it belongs on nascar. we drive around in it and i honestly lost count of the amount of heads that were turning.
Old 6/24/08, 08:36 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad you like them, I enjoyed my slp's...
Old 6/24/08, 08:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now put LT on catted or not if you really want loud. Even more heads turn. Even the ones you don't want to turn.
Old 6/24/08, 10:29 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
excellent choice my man! you should take a video of how they sound driving around, those things are loud...and loud i like
Old 6/26/08, 12:19 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

put an offroad H on there and you'll be scared
Old 6/26/08, 04:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by dustindu4
put an offroad H on there and you'll be scared
Just my .002, but I think the LM's sound great with a stock exhaust. However with ANY offroad midpipe, and even worse, long tubes, they just sound like noise.
Old 6/26/08, 09:47 PM
Cobra Member

I saw a video once of a guy running a hiflo catted X with SLP LM and usually I dislike the no muffler tractor sound but it sounded pretty badass!!

Congrats on the install
Old 7/2/08, 11:24 PM
whs
GT Member

I've had mine on the car for a year now, after the first week the 4-wheel drive pickups with straight-pipes trying to race me became pretty annoying.

The sound isn't so bad inside the car, it sounds pretty sweet when it echoes off a building or other structure.
Old 7/3/08, 07:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SlamMan02
I saw a video once of a guy running a hiflo catted X with SLP LM and usually I dislike the no muffler tractor sound but it sounded pretty badass!!

Congrats on the install
Hahaha "no muffler tractor sound."
Old 7/3/08, 01:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by whs
I've had mine on the car for a year now, after the first week the 4-wheel drive pickups with straight-pipes trying to race me became pretty annoying.

The sound isn't so bad inside the car, it sounds pretty sweet when it echoes off a building or other structure.

oooo yea whenever i drive along side either a wall or highway divider i always lower the windows and listen to that sweet sweet roar! and when im downshifting and get around 1700rpm that gurgling sound is sooo bada$$. i recently had someone asking me if my car was street legal and they said it sounded like a nascar. i just laughed and thanked him for the compliment (even though it might have not been one) and told him that this is the way the car is supposed to sound. i just wish i had these axlebacks sooner.
Old 7/4/08, 07:11 AM

Mine is with a cated x-pipe..ppl some times asking me if its headers!.. its really LOUD! I like it but SLP's with stock exhaust have a nicer roar.
Old 7/5/08, 07:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

They do sound ridiculous. You've gotta love all the popping and gurgling lol
Old 7/5/08, 03:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
I just went back to the stock mufflers this weekend. I'm definitely enjoying the power of silence.
Old 7/5/08, 04:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Forget that louder is better. It is look out for me not look at me. Just like a Harley rider.
Old 7/5/08, 04:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

+1! that gurgle is just priceless. at first i was going to keep my flowmasters and go with an O/H H for a better sound but im glad i went with the LM's instead. plus i dont get the smell from a catless setup and swapping out the mufflers to pass inspection once a year is alot easier than taking the cats on and off. a mustang HAS to sound good. i see V8 stangs' all the time with the stock exhaust and i just shake my head. people dont know what theyre missin
Old 7/6/08, 12:00 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by slipnotovk
+1! that gurgle is just priceless. at first i was going to keep my flowmasters and go with an O/H H for a better sound but im glad i went with the LM's instead. plus i dont get the smell from a catless setup and swapping out the mufflers to pass inspection once a year is alot easier than taking the cats on and off. a mustang HAS to sound good. i see V8 stangs' all the time with the stock exhaust and i just shake my head. people dont know what theyre missin
Slipnotovk you're right, the gurgle is awesome. You definitely made the right choice. I've had my SLP LM's on for over 2 1/2 years and I never get tired of hearing them. It sounds like a classic V-8 musclecar and it goes great with it's retro looks. There is no need to muffle up the sound when the car already has stock cats. SlamMan02 thinks it sounds like a dumptruck with no mufflers...He gets a big....
Old 7/6/08, 06:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mister
--Blah-- SlamMan02 thinks it sounds like a dumptruck with no mufflers...He gets a big....
Grow up. Do you know what an opinion is?
Old 7/7/08, 10:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Some like the exhaust loud, some (not many though) prefer silence. I gave the Violators a good try (about a few thousand miles worth of seat time) and my hearing definitely did not improve with added use of the Violators. I'm now running the stock exhaust and truly wish I did not even bother with going aftermarket axle-backs.
Old 7/7/08, 11:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

What's great about the SLP to me is that at idle the car isn't that loud. In fact I've had people say I think that's a V6 or that Stang is quiet. Then one rev and they are like ****, nevermind. lol
Old 7/7/08, 04:39 PM
Bullitt Member

I had SLP LoudMouths on my Sonic Blue 2005 GT. I was happy with the SLP loudmouths. When I traded the 05 in for a Black 2008 GT, I ordered the SLP Powerflo w/4inch tips instead.

The sound isn't as loud as the LoudMouths but I like it as well.

Quick Reply: just installed SLP LM's