GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Just Installed my C&L!

Search this Thread

Old 6/9/05, 06:20 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So anyway, i received my new C&L intake kit in the mail today and was impressed by it to say the least. The kit is awesome. Very heavy duty compared to any intake kit ive seen before. So i went to install it and had to remove my JLT and when i removed my pipe, i found that the entire thing have morphed into a wobbly oval shape.... one that the supplied filter definately would not fit onto.

I was shocked at how much its shape had changed... but thats why i switched...

Anyway, the C&L was a breeze to put on and i was happy to see it came with a mounting bracket to hold up the heavy MAF Adapter, which was made out of milled aluminum.

Here are pics...

Old 6/9/05, 06:31 PM
Cobra Member

That linky no worky..

-Dan
Old 6/9/05, 06:40 PM
V6 Member

can yall see the pics in the window? cause im not sure if you can and im hosting them with image station and u hav to be a member to view them
Old 6/9/05, 08:38 PM
V6 Member

Yea... look at the picturesi attached to that... it was in perfect condition in those... this is now about 4 days later... and with the weather wevebeen havign in dallas... the intake could seriously have warped... look at the pictures again...
Old 6/9/05, 10:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Mrericpm@June 9, 2005, 8:41 PM
Yea... look at the picturesi attached to that... it was in perfect condition in those... this is now about 4 days later... and with the weather wevebeen havign in dallas... the intake could seriously have warped... look at the pictures again...
Somebody got BUSTED!
Old 6/9/05, 10:23 PM
V6 Member

go to the other thread and look at the pictures please... the proof is inteh pictures
Old 6/9/05, 10:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Mrericpm@June 9, 2005, 10:26 PM
go to the other thread and look at the pictures please... the proof is inteh pictures
Are you talking about the thread where you posted the pic that is posted above?
Old 6/10/05, 06:08 AM
Cobra Member

Sad part is that it hasn't even really began to get hot here yet.
Old 6/10/05, 01:55 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Does this seem strange to anyone?

1)First of all on June 5th, at 7:50 you want to sell the JLT (for almost full price), because the dealer will void your ENTIRE warranty.
2) at 8:02, your parents won't let you have the JLT since it will void your warranty.
3) By 10:27, it is no longer for sale,
4) At 10:32, you report that it has fallen off and you had to duck tape it back on. So sometime between 8 and 10:30pm, you have convinced your parents to keep it, decided you don't care about the warranty, and have re installed it, drove around, and had it fallen off. Either that or it fell off earlier that day and you were lieing about the warranty and your parents.
5) On the 6th, you ask the mods to delete the post trying to sell it.
6) On the 7th, you ask JLT for a refund
7) On the 8th, you announce on a thread that you have just bought a C&L and asking JLT to "GIMME MY REFUND"
8) Sometime between the 6th and the 9th, you reinstall the JLT, then decide to get the C&L instead, then order it, recieve it, and install the C&L only to find the JLT warped in only four days.

Anyone fell free to follow the threads to read for yourself the chain of events.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?ac...=posts&hl=&st=0

I don't see any proof in the pictures, beside the tube went from perfect to warped in four days. We have this invention called an "OVEN", that will do this in about four minutes.

Call me crazy. Others will from their own opinion. I'm just stating the facts.

My opinion is you want a full refund, and are willing to drag JLT through the mud to get it.
Old 6/10/05, 02:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Hatchman@June 10, 2005, 2:58 PM

1)First of all on June 5th, at 7:50 you want to sell the JLT (for almost full price), because the dealer will void your ENTIRE warranty.
2) at 8:02, your parents won't let you have the JLT since it will void your warranty.
4) At 10:32, you report that it has fallen off and you had to duck tape it back on. So sometime between 8 and 10:30pm, you have convinced your parents to keep it, decided you don't care about the warranty, and have re installed it, drove around, and had it fallen off. Either that or it fell off earlier that day and you were lieing about the warranty and your parents.
7) On the 8th, you announce on a thread that you have just bought a C&L and asking JLT to "GIMME MY REFUND"
8) Sometime between the 6th and the 9th, you reinstall the JLT, then decide to get the C&L instead, then order it, recieve it, and install the C&L only to find the JLT warped in only four days.

Anyone fell free to follow the threads to read for yourself the chain of events.

I don't see any proof in the pictures, beside the tube went from perfect to warped in four days. We have this invention called an "OVEN", that will do this in about four minutes.

My opinion is you want a full refund, and are willing to drag JLT through the mud to get it.
You, my friend are fantastic. Love the time line!!
I thought the posts were coming awful fast. And why do we feel the need to start a new thread everytime we need to say the same thing? :scratch:

Jay
Old 6/10/05, 03:07 PM
Bullitt Member

hey Hatchman are you a detective or a da?
Old 6/10/05, 03:08 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Mrericpm@June 9, 2005, 6:23 PM
So anyway, i received my new C&L intake kit in the mail today and was impressed by it to say the least. The kit is awesome. Very heavy duty compared to any intake kit ive seen before. So i went to install it and had to remove my JLT and when i removed my pipe, i found that the entire thing have morphed into a wobbly oval shape.... one that the supplied filter definately would not fit onto.

I was shocked at how much its shape had changed... but thats why i switched...

Anyway, the C&L was a breeze to put on and i was happy to see it came with a mounting bracket to hold up the heavy MAF Adapter, which was made out of milled aluminum.

Here are pics...

this person is a dirtbag cheat kick him off the web .
Old 6/10/05, 04:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Please explain how one side was flat and distorted. :scratch:

If it was hot and the clamp holding it on did it, the pipe would be a hour glass figure from the force of the clamp all the way around the pipe. I'm not stupid.

I'm not so sure this is a refundable issue. What do you all think?
Old 6/10/05, 04:22 PM

Originally posted by Tucker@June 10, 2005, 4:10 PM
Please explain how one side was flat and distorted. :scratch:

If it was hot and the clamp holding it on did it, the pipe would be a hour glass figure from the force of the clamp all the way around the pipe. I'm not stupid.

I'm not so sure this is a refundable issue. What do you all think?
Seems to me like an issue between you and Mrericpm, to be handled outside of this forum.
Old 6/10/05, 04:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ok. I've been reading all of the posts about the JLT intake and have kept my comments to myself but now I can't keep quiet any longer. This multiple posting of bad mouthing the JLT intake has to stop, it's getting to be out of hand. So a few people had problems with the intake, show me one product that has been brought to market in the past 5 years that hasn't had any issues. Plus for the 3 - 4 people that have had issues there are probably 10 or more who love the intake. Problems arise when bringing a new product to market, it comes with the territory of manufactoring. What counts is what the manufacturer does when a problem is brought to his attention. JLT has more than stood behind it's product and has a fix in the works to correct the problem once and for all. So here's my 2 cents and comments to those who feel the need to continually bash JLT............

GET OVER IT ALREADY WILL YA!!!

On a side note, it does appear that the pictured intake was distorted by some other means that just under hood heat. Not saying this is true, but I can't see a tube distorting that much from just daily driving.
Old 6/10/05, 04:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by rrunk@June 10, 2005, 4:25 PM
Seems to me like an issue between you and Mrericpm, to be handled outside of this forum.

I understand the desire to defend a product in the forum where the product is attacked but agree that the high road should be taken and in cases like this the issue would be better, and more professionally, handled outside of the forum.

Jason
Old 6/11/05, 07:22 AM
Big Falken Tires

Originally posted by Hatchman@June 10, 2005, 1:58 PM

I'm callin you COLUMBO from now on - nice detective work!!!
Old 6/11/05, 07:34 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by Burke0011@June 11, 2005, 8:25 AM
I'm callin you COLUMBO from now on - nice detective work!!!
Thanks.
Old 6/11/05, 04:54 PM
I talk to cones.

Originally posted by Radman@June 10, 2005, 6:00 PM
I understand the desire to defend a product in the forum where the product is attacked but agree that the high road should be taken and in cases like this the issue would be better, and more professionally, handled outside of the forum.

Jason
This was my thinking when reading the posts also

Quick Reply: Just Installed my C&L!