GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Just Got a GT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10/10/06 | 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jimp
I traded my 05 V6 in for an 06 GT also. I friggin' love it. Both the V6 and GT are great but for me, I had to get a GT. The Borla Stingers aound great on a stock exhaust. That's what i just did. Here's a sound clip:
http://media.putfile.com/FRPP-Borla-Stingers
My wife was a little afraid to rev it though.
I also got a C&L and tune from BamaChips. Made a world of difference! I'm barking 2nd, 3rd and 4th! Have fun!

I posted all this before minus the sound clip. Doh! What can I say, I have oldtimers disease!

I have to say, I've heard a lot of GT's and so far nothing sounds better than the Borlas on them.
Old 10/11/06 | 07:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by TorchRedV6
Thanks to everyone for their comments. I had a feeling that because I got rid of V6 for a GT, it would start some arguments about which is better!! Anyway, I'm loving the new ride. It's a 5spd, and I plan on doing some type of CAI w/ bamachips tune since I live in Alabama and adding the Borla stinger mufflers and Hurst shifter. Can I just put the Borla stinger mufflers on and still get a good sound or do I need to a whole cat-back system? Oh, and the GT is a great improvement over the stock V6. I know that people have gotten a lot out of their sixes, but there is nothing like the sound and feel of a V8, handsdown!! I love it and can't wait to get started on my mods. I will post some pics of my new ride soon. It came with the Roush window louvers, which look pretty cool IMO.
Borla on it's own with the stock h-pipe sounds good, and louder than stock. Adding a Bassini x-pipe will make it similar, but louder. Add the modular straight pipe substitute for the cats and it is getting offensive loud. One GT i built with this setup is louder than a similar car with the MAC LT Headers, O/R X and Single thru Muffs. Although, if i were to do this again on a GT, the sound of the all MAC setup with the Borlas is loud, deep muscle and not too offensive.

My Roush has the two chamber factory muffs built by magnaflow with the stock GT h-pipe. It will start to sound louder than stock with a subtle loping at idle once she seasons to about 5K miles.

Congrats on the GT and stay safe with her.

2005sonicgt, some Women drive V8 Daily Driver Manuals and roll a 5.4L V8 street rods.