GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Jlt Cai

Search this Thread

Old 3/1/08, 04:27 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jlt Cai

All,
I got the JLT in the mail yesterday and installed it. I programed the car with the SCT-3 and started it. I would gun it and the car would spit and sputter like an old carbed car with a bad tune. I was not happy, then I stepped behind the car and about fell over form the fumes, the smell of gas was enough to knock you on your keester. So obviously, the car is running rich, VERY rich. So I hopped back in the car and programmed her for 4% lean, a little better but not enough, so I tried 6, same **** result.

SO I am freakin the hell out, come in to check this site, it's down!!!! Call JLT, closed, call sct and they tell me to talk to JLT. GREAT, it's Friday night and my car is jacked. So I go back to close the hood, which I had not looked at since I did the first program and what the hell do you know. In my eagerness to go for a ride I forgot to plug in the MAF sensor, DOH!

Now my report, I have it set on 93 octane and 2% lean at WOT, and HOLY HELL! I have a different car, the exhaust not sounds a hell of alot meaner and now I can spin the tires all the way through second if I want.
Best 580 I ever spent on her.

The reason I spin as much as I do is because I am running M/S tires, some HARD rubber, 40k on em and still plenty of tread left.
Old 3/1/08, 04:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So you have a canned tune from SCT and adjusted it to be 2% leaner?
Old 3/1/08, 04:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by OkieNGa
All,
I got the JLT in the mail yesterday and installed it. I programed the car with the SCT-3 and started it. I would gun it and the car would spit and sputter like an old carbed car with a bad tune. I was not happy, then I stepped behind the car and about fell over form the fumes, the smell of gas was enough to knock you on your keester. So obviously, the car is running rich, VERY rich. So I hopped back in the car and programmed her for 4% lean, a little better but not enough, so I tried 6, same **** result.

SO I am freakin the hell out, come in to check this site, it's down!!!! Call JLT, closed, call sct and they tell me to talk to JLT. GREAT, it's Friday night and my car is jacked. So I go back to close the hood, which I had not looked at since I did the first program and what the hell do you know. In my eagerness to go for a ride I forgot to plug in the MAF sensor, DOH!

Now my report, I have it set on 93 octane and 2% lean at WOT, and HOLY HELL! I have a different car, the exhaust not sounds a hell of alot meaner and now I can spin the tires all the way through second if I want.
Best 580 I ever spent on her.

The reason I spin as much as I do is because I am running M/S tires, some HARD rubber, 40k on em and still plenty of tread left.

Glad you figured out your problem!! But I do have a question for you. Why would you take a brand new tune and lean it 2% at WOT? Are you a tuner?
Old 3/1/08, 04:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
So you have a canned tune from SCT and adjusted it to be 2% leaner?

Your still pretty quick for an old man Rich. My thoughts exactly!!!
Old 3/1/08, 04:51 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, I am not a tuner, just getting a feel for her. WOULD be HORRIBLE if I blew some rings or melted a piston, would have to build out the bottom end, awww shucks.
Old 3/1/08, 05:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by OkieNGa
No, I am not a tuner, just getting a feel for her. WOULD be HORRIBLE if I blew some rings or melted a piston, would have to build out the bottom end, awww shucks.

Okay...good luck!! It's your wallet!