GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

JBA LT Headers & Borla axlebacks

Search this Thread

Old 4/10/07, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JBA LT Headers & Borla axlebacks

I am about ready to do my next mod and decided to go for full exhaust (JBA headers & O/R H pipe & Stingers). I was wondering if anyone has had experience with this setup or one similar??? Also, will drone be a big issue or will the O/R pipe & LTs eliminate most of it?
Old 4/10/07, 08:07 PM
FR500 Member

If you're concerned about drone, I would defineately think about a different muffler for sure.

I almost have that same combination, except I have a catted h-pipe and the drone is horrendous at 2k rpms.

But....

I don't mind the drone as much as other people, so I live with it for the sake of the absolutely killer sound outside of the car
Old 4/10/07, 08:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Eliminating the cats, and adding resonators will eliminate 95% of the droning and it won't trumpet at 2500rpm like it does with an offroad pipe.
Old 4/10/07, 08:27 PM
Former Vendor

What about American Racing LT's with O/R H Pipe and GTA's?

That's about the sexiest sound in the world!!

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 4/10/07, 08:36 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Eliminating the cats, and adding resonators will eliminate 95% of the droning and it won't trumpet at 2500rpm like it does with an offroad pipe.
The longtubes do add another dimension to it though. I was happy as a clam with the drone before my LT's, but WOW did it get worse with addition of those!

I thought the cats might keep it bay a bit, but it didn't matter. I can't even imagine what it would be like without the cats

Resonators may help it a bit in my case, but I'm thinking so would a set of GTA's.

I may find out when my wallet is full again, but until then I'll remain a screaming banshee
Old 4/10/07, 08:38 PM

That could be a possibility. How much for the AR headers & O/R H-pipe? Any clips?
Old 4/10/07, 11:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Maybe intead of the o/r h an o/r x would cut down on some of that loud drone.
Old 4/11/07, 06:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by SixtySix
The longtubes do add another dimension to it though. I was happy as a clam with the drone before my LT's, but WOW did it get worse with addition of those!

I thought the cats might keep it bay a bit, but it didn't matter. I can't even imagine what it would be like without the cats

Resonators may help it a bit in my case, but I'm thinking so would a set of GTA's.

I may find out when my wallet is full again, but until then I'll remain a screaming banshee

Good point Tony, you're right I should mention that I haven't ran the combo with longtubes- only the factory manifolds. For me, the worst thing about the Stingers was not the drone, but was the trumpeting at 2500rpm (when using the offroad H pipe). But the resonators did take almost all of that away, along with the drone. I don't know how it would sound with longtubes- I would guess deeper and louder, especially at WOT.
Old 4/11/07, 08:35 AM
Former Vendor

The offroad H in 1 3/4" would put you at 1269.99 shipped to the door.

The X pipe is priced identically.

To move down to the 1 5/8", it saves you $25 bucks.

The rumor about running them without a supercharger temporarily is untrue. You can run these for quite some time without supercharging and still see signifigant gains.

CR
Old 4/11/07, 02:28 PM
GT Member

How much of a difference do you think I can see? my car dyno at 499RWHP/462RWTQ. I will be doing a dyno session soon with a one piece DS+60 lbs injectors, and maybe the headers...ohhhh I forgot +2 psi of boost.

I just want to get an idea of the proyected gains fro the H and the X pipe, I currently use the stingers as mufflers but if it is to lou I'll go with the stockers.
Old 4/11/07, 03:30 PM
Former Vendor

They claim an easy 30+WHP on supercharged applications. With 1 3/4", that's easily achievable.
Old 4/11/07, 04:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Not to hijack this thread, but, I have a stock exhaust setup except for the Flowmasters. I am wanting to get a more "muscle" sound and am thinking about getting either some FRPP Stingers or the Borla "Aggressive" ones.

Anyone know how this would sound on a stock setup? Am I better off staying with the Flows?
Old 4/11/07, 06:46 PM

I thought the AR LTs & O/R H pipe were not being made, only the x pipe??? And i do not plan on get a supercharger, so what would be best?
Old 4/11/07, 07:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Ive got the JBA off road pipe that fits their longtube headers. I had it on my '06 Mustang GT until I sold it. Ill let it go cheap if you decide to go with the JBA longtubes. Itll save you a few bucks anyway and its almost new. Let me know if youre interested.
Old 4/11/07, 09:08 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 05Blackbeauty
Not to hijack this thread, but, I have a stock exhaust setup except for the Flowmasters. I am wanting to get a more "muscle" sound and am thinking about getting either some FRPP Stingers or the Borla "Aggressive" ones.

Anyone know how this would sound on a stock setup? Am I better off staying with the Flows?
FRPP Type S and Borla Stingers are the same exact muffler...I like mine 1000x better than a friend of mines Flows
Old 4/11/07, 09:27 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by danny1305
I thought the AR LTs & O/R H pipe were not being made, only the x pipe??? And i do not plan on get a supercharger, so what would be best?
They are just now beginning to go into production. The test fit is sometime next week, and they will be on the market before the end of the month. Your best option would be 1 3/4" headers with an offroad H or X depending on if you care about the sound or not. The X's will only produce a few more horses than the H, but we will have dyno results to be sure!

CR
Tillman Speed
610-497-3711
Old 4/12/07, 01:27 PM
GT Member

Seems like that's going to be my dilemma at the end of the month, whether to go catted or not? Right now I'm pretty much sold on the H-pipe option that AR is going to be offering but I'm concerned about the sound differences in relation to my current MAC axle back.

I love the sound of the MAC's but is it going to be out of control loud if I'm going catless LT's? I'm planning on running a supercharger in the summer so the 1 3/4" would be my choice. Guess I'll have to wait for some sound clips, hopefully I'll be able to hear a catted/non-catted comparison.

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
They are just now beginning to go into production. The test fit is sometime next week, and they will be on the market before the end of the month. Your best option would be 1 3/4" headers with an offroad H or X depending on if you care about the sound or not. The X's will only produce a few more horses than the H, but we will have dyno results to be sure!

CR
Tillman Speed
610-497-3711
Old 5/10/07, 08:07 PM
Cobra Member

I have the FRPP Borla Stingers. I want to get an offroad hpipe (Pypes o/r?). After that I am also thinking about LT Headers. Will i have to get a new mid-pipe if i get the LT headers?
Old 5/10/07, 08:59 PM
FR500 Member

Yup!
Old 5/10/07, 10:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by tom281
I agree. In fact, loosing the cat's helps quite the drone more than the resonators did. If you are planing to run O/R, don't worry about the drone from the stingers. Worry about the crazy loudness and some trumpeting.

With LT's ?
Sorry to hear about the added drone with LT's SixtySix, that's where I was hoping to go next.

Quick Reply: JBA LT Headers & Borla axlebacks