GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Jay - Where's Our Custom Predator Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 4/2/05, 08:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Man - I'm getting very impatient. I want to put on my JLT CAI. It's been sitting in my garage for a least two weeks now. It's just way too tempting to put it on. :bang:

Any light at the end of the tunnel?
Old 4/3/05, 11:33 AM
Bullitt Member

up the fuel values 25%
Old 4/3/05, 01:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Great information fellas! I'll check it out.

Cheers_Jay
Old 4/3/05, 02:09 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by j-stang@April 3, 2005, 1:12 PM
Great information fellas! I'll check it out.

Cheers_Jay
Great idea but is that not for WOT only? I would think that part throttle has another loop and something to do with air meter and fuel curves? If true it seems it would require special software that the tuners have to correct both.
Old 4/3/05, 02:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah I would assume so. The predator only looks like it adjusts WOT Fuel.
Fuel Table 2-4 RPM
Fuel Table 4-7 RPM

I'm a little worried about changing the a/f mixutre without a guage.

Does anyone have a custom tune for the JLT?
Old 4/3/05, 09:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry guys, but it's out of my hands.
I'm pushing the guys at DTP to get it done soon. I will work on them tomorrow.
Jay

Again, Do Not install with out a tune unless your on the dyno and can make adjustments.
Old 4/3/05, 09:37 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

You guys could also buy a wide-band and tune your car anytime you want. This is the way to go if you are going to add mods one by one, instead of installing a bunch at a time and dyno tuning.
Old 4/3/05, 11:52 PM
Cobra R Member

While everyone is waiting on a tune why don't you fix the defect in your cold air system by adding a boss for the MAP to sit on?
You should care enough for your product to fix it. I have your system so I feel free to tell the truth. Everyone agrees your system works great but for one thing. You refuse to see it that way.
Do your tuners have a Mustang test car? I can't fathom what is taking so long in this area?
Old 4/4/05, 02:22 AM
GT Member

Tell them to hurry up Jay! I'm waiting to order a JLT kit with Diablo tuner too!

But my patience has become thin as of late :bang:
Old 4/4/05, 06:47 AM
Cobra Member

If ya need a test car I live at the Beach, I'll be more than happy.....
Old 4/4/05, 10:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Mustang69-05@April 4, 2005, 7:50 AM
If ya need a test car I live at the Beach, I'll be more than happy.....

Heck, if ya need 2 test cars Im available as well. 2 GT's from VA Beach.
Old 4/4/05, 10:55 AM
Bullitt Member

I would run the c@l tune then put it on the dyno.
Old 4/4/05, 01:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Mongoose@April 4, 2005, 12:55 AM
While everyone is waiting on a tune why don't you fix the defect in your cold air system by adding a boss for the MAP to sit on?
You should care enough for your product to fix it. I have your system so I feel free to tell the truth. Everyone agrees your system works great but for one thing. You refuse to see it that way.
Do your tuners have a Mustang test car? I can't fathom what is taking so long in this area?
Your kidding me right???

I "refuse" to fix what?
All kits are going out with the fittings permantly glued in and even with this not being done there are no more CEL issues due to the MAF. I thought we all went over this and resolved the issue.

Please explain what you would like me to do for you specific. I would like to know.

Truth be told there are near 50 2005 GT kits out there with NO issues and a hand full or people here who have them. Those who had the CEL seem to have fixed it.

What's taking so long?? Well, let's see. I am running my own buisness with nearly 15 differant lines of CAI. I'm doing this with one man, my self! I order parts, build them, paint them, take orders, answer questions, ship them and much more.

The guys at the dyno shop are running a buisness too, there 2 people running a full speed/dyno/tuning/parts install shop.

I'm sorry we both got very busy in the last few weeks and haven't got this done. I do offer SCT and am trying to offer Diablo.
WHO offers BOTH?? I'm doing the best I can, my friend.

For those waiting on the Diablo, it should be ready shortly. One thing I did find out is it will be a little more dificult then the SCT. You will need to upload your stock tune and send it in for adjustment to the new JLT tune.
I will have full details as soon as I get them.
Old 4/4/05, 02:41 PM
V6 Member

I thought that everyones "stock tune" is the same. Thats why they call it stock.
Old 4/4/05, 02:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by BlueCar@April 4, 2005, 3:44 PM
I thought that everyones "stock tune" is the same. Thats why they call it stock.
This is info recieve from Diablo.
There is a thread from them here about CAI's. Check it out, maybe they can shed some light on the subject.
Old 4/4/05, 03:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Sorry Jay I didn't mean to light a fire - I just was getting impatient and would a little status. I look forward to letting my baby breath!

Thanks for the info Jay-
Old 4/4/05, 04:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Tucker

It would really be cool to offer both. My experience is that every tuner downplays or insults the other ( the one that they do not use), but to offer both would be great. My only concern is that one or the other would treat you bad for offering the other. In your case, the Diablo.
Old 4/4/05, 04:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 38special@April 4, 2005, 5:12 PM
Tucker

It would really be cool to offer both. My experience is that every tuner downplays or insults the other ( the one that they do not use), but to offer both would be great. My only concern is that one or the other would treat you bad for offering the other. In your case, the Diablo.
Your right, but...
It's DTP that is the dealer for both and both manufacturs know this.

SCT actually has a SCT "exclucive" program. You agree to only carry there product and you get a better price.

Offering both is better for everyone in my opnion.
Old 4/4/05, 11:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by Tucker+April 4, 2005, 1:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tucker @ April 4, 2005, 1:35 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Mongoose@April 4, 2005, 12:55 AM
Your kidding me right???

I "refuse" to fix what?
All kits are going out with the fittings permantly glued in and even with this not being done there are no more CEL issues due to the MAF. I thought we all went over this and resolved the issue.

Please explain what you would like me to do for you specific. I would like to know.

Truth be told there are near 50 2005 GT kits out there with NO issues and a hand full or people here who have them. Those who had the CEL seem to have fixed it.

What's taking so long?? Well, let's see. I am running my own buisness with nearly 15 differant lines of CAI. I'm doing this with one man, my self! I order parts, build them, paint them, take orders, answer questions, ship them and much more.

The guys at the dyno shop are running a buisness too, there 2 people running a full speed/dyno/tuning/parts install shop.

I'm sorry we both got very busy in the last few weeks and haven't got this done. I do offer SCT and am trying to offer Diablo.
WHO offers BOTH?? I'm doing the best I can, my friend.

For those waiting on the Diablo, it should be ready shortly. One thing I did find out is it will be a little more dificult then the SCT. You will need to upload your stock tune and send it in for adjustment to the new JLT tune.
I will have full details as soon as I get them.
[/b][/quote]

Jay there is nothing you can do for me now. I will go make a boss and go to a custom tuner myself. Your time is up. I don't guess it ever dawned on you to hire some help rather than complain about all your problems. I am going to make another improvement modification to your system and will not burden you down with the facts.
By the way guys if you plan to add dry nitrous to your setup this is the system to use. Just thread a hole for the nozzle in the plastic tube. You can remove the whole system in about twenty minutes and the dealer will never know.

Quick Reply: Jay - Where's Our Custom Predator Tune?