GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

J.R. Granatelli

Search this Thread

Old 2/2/06, 11:40 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was over at Extreme Automotive in Canoga Park to get an adjustable Panhard Rod installed in my Supercharged GT because the addition of 295's to the back end made my handling less responsive. While there, I had the pleasure of meeting J.R Granatelli who was also there getting some of his new parts put on his mustang for an upcoming article. Didn't know who he was at first, but started talking to him about his car and all the female dogin suspension modifications I saw on it and he took the time to educate me on various suspension performance products his company was manufacturing for my 06. Sean Roberts at Extreme had previously installed his Throttle Body on my 06 after testing it on his dyno and finding legitimate and significant HP and Torque gains from it. I might have been one of the 1st to have this great new bolt on. I immediately noticed greater throttle reponse and seat of the pants acceleration differences upon getting the part. I read with interest the thread on his throttle body and all I could do was laugh at the pseudo engineer naysayers. No question in my mind it is a great part, beautifully engineered and manufactured and it works.

After meeting J.R. he pointed out some bolt on under body bracing parts his company manufactured and that Extreme had in stock and I decided to get them. He supervised their installation and spent a lot of time with me which was something he didn't really have to do. All I can say is what a great guy and a real gentleman. I am a criminal defense attorney and by experience a good judge of character. When talking to him, never did my finally attuned B.S. Detectors vibrate. Those of you that question his claims obviously don't have experience with his products or with him. I have experience with both and trust the guy's judgment 100%. Incidentally, I test drove the car on Mulholland Drive after the suspension modifications he suggested and my car's handling is so tight and stable that it is literally ready to burst out of it's skin. Anybody that is interested in some real performance improvements in their Mustang would be wise to check out Granatelli's products.
Old 2/2/06, 01:26 PM
Former Vendor

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lawman @ February 2, 2006, 10:43 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Anybody that is interested in some real performance improvements in their Mustang would be wise to check out Granatelli's products.
[/b][/quote]

Wow that is very nice to hear. It comes very much appreciated. We like to think we treat all our customers the same way
Old 2/2/06, 01:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Lawman what bolt on parts did you get?
Old 2/2/06, 01:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

http://www.corner-carvers.com/forums/showt...highlight=china
Old 2/2/06, 02:26 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eighty6gt @ February 2, 2006, 2:43 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
http://www.corner-carvers.com/forums/showt...highlight=china
[/b][/quote]

OUCH...we really don't need to start this again though
Old 2/2/06, 02:28 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bpmurr @ February 2, 2006, 12:36 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Lawman what bolt on parts did you get?
[/b][/quote]

Granatelli manufactures precisely machined bracket mounts for the front swaybar. When J.R. pointed out those in comparison to what I had stock, I could see that there was quite a bit of play between the bracket and the bushing in my stock set up. He also manufactures a driveshaft loop assembly that also acts as an underbody brace. I put both those parts on as well as a second underbody brace. The net effect is that the car's turn in is even more stable and the little residual rattling that I used to hear in my suspension is completely gone. I do not know if the panhard rod that was put on was his or not. It may have been a Steeda part. However I attribute the greater stability to the suspension modifications that he suggested, especially the front swaybar bracket mounts. I am addicted to corner carving and this helped. I have very slight understeer now, but that I believe is a result of the panhard rod making my back end whip around faster eliminating the slight oversteer I had before. Also I checked out his Mustang and he had a whole new lightweight and rigid K-member that just looked awesome. (Among Other Things). Really should check out the website. He has engineered stuff that noone else has.

The following are my mods:
2006 GT
Vortech Supercharger - Intercooled 424rwhp 381 rwt
Jba longtube headers & H-pipe, Magnaflows
Granatelli TB
Strut Tower Brace
Steeda Sport Springs
Steeda Front and rear Swaybars
Steeda Rear Sway Bar Mounts
Steeda Adjustable third link
Granatelli Front Swaybar Mounting Brackets
Metco Aluminum Lower Trailing Arm