GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

It'll be here in 8 days!

Search this Thread

Old 5/31/05, 05:16 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I've been on the waiting list since January 26 of this year but my 2005 black Mustang GT coupe will arrive at my door in 8 (9 max) days from today. I know that I don't have the money to jump into things like supercharging (not sure I'd do it anyway at this point even if I had the cash) but I do want to add some power and sound to it - what does everyone recommend as the best exhaust and intake? Steeda? Borla? I know Borla is reputable but they're overpriced.... so please let me know what you pros think. THANKS!

-Geoff
Old 6/1/05, 12:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by geoffpelosi@June 1, 2005, 9:19 AM
Well I've been on the waiting list since January 26 of this year but my 2005 black Mustang GT coupe will arrive at my door in 8 (9 max) days from today. I know that I don't have the money to jump into things like supercharging (not sure I'd do it anyway at this point even if I had the cash) but I do want to add some power and sound to it - what does everyone recommend as the best exhaust and intake? Steeda? Borla? I know Borla is reputable but they're overpriced.... so please let me know what you pros think. THANKS!

-Geoff
To tell you the truth..if you want an exhaust (axle-back) its really up to you. Sound is all you'll really get out of the axle-backs. Do a search there are may exhaust clips on this site. (JBA, SLP, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Bassani)As for the intake, C&L w/ a predator tune is a favorite around here also.
Good deal here RPM Outlet
Old 6/1/05, 08:39 AM
FR500 Member

I also recommend the C&L and tune. It has the highest gains of any intake out there. As far as exhaust, if you have the money... I'd go with JBA. From headers back to the tips.
Old 6/1/05, 03:50 PM
Cobra R Member

Well as far as exhaust goes, I highly recommend bassani, high grade stuff. comp cats all the way back, and you have one most awesome sounding mustang. They say that kit without a tune adds 20 hp, and with tune supposedly 40hp. I definitely feel a difference with no tune, and it sure as heck feels and sounds awesome. Good luck with whatever mods you decide on.
Old 6/1/05, 06:45 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by sodaman@June 1, 2005, 3:53 PM
Well as far as exhaust goes, I highly recommend bassani, high grade stuff. comp cats all the way back, and you have one most awesome sounding mustang. They say that kit without a tune adds 20 hp, and with tune supposedly 40hp. I definitely feel a difference with no tune, and it sure as heck feels and sounds awesome. Good luck with whatever mods you decide on.

Thanks.... yes I have heard good things about Bassani, I will research them in addition to other companies, and 20 HP would be very nice (though I have heard usually aftermarket exhausts add only 7 or so)

Thanks!