GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Installed WMS TODAY

Search this Thread

Old 9/21/05, 01:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 05STG1@September 21, 2005, 11:03 AM
blackhat did all the work, I just mailed it in.
BH, this town has been flooded with campers since last week!! Busch trailers are rolling in today
Ooops . . . I forgot blackhat . . . thank you too!

Hmmm, Busch trailers full of brew . . . yum . . . although it's not my favorite brand . . . I fear no Beer!!!!!!!
Old 9/21/05, 04:00 PM
Bullitt Member

lol...not my brand either king Im not a drinker, but race weekend is special around here. Winston show cars everywhere...if I could only find Jack roush
Bikini contest tomorrow, lingerie show on friday, Bud girls, Miller lite girls,...shall I go on and this is only @ Bubba's ...lol Mardi gras parties,jagermeister girls, coors light girls..ok,enough.
I need to get the ROUSH going stat...I have an idea, stay tuned!

Heres a few pics for thos NASCAR fans out there..

[attachmentid=34324][attachmentid=34325][attachmentid=34326]
Old 9/21/05, 04:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 05STG1@September 21, 2005, 3:03 PM
lol...not my brand either king Im not a drinker, but race weekend is special around here. Winston show cars everywhere...if I could only find Jack roush
Bikini contest tomorrow, lingerie show on friday, Bud girls, Miller lite girls,...shall I go on and this is only @ Bubba's ...lol Mardi gras parties,jagermeister girls, coors light girls..ok,enough.
I need to get the ROUSH going stat...I have an idea, stay tuned!

Heres a few pics for thos NASCAR fans out there..

[attachmentid=34324][attachmentid=34325][attachmentid=34326]
Mmmm . . although gasoline, alcohol and cars are not a good mix . . . . in this case . . . . it sure sounds tasty to me
Old 9/21/05, 05:28 PM
Bullitt Member

dbl,trpl post.. need a new computer
Old 9/21/05, 05:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Old 9/21/05, 05:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Old 9/21/05, 05:35 PM
Bullitt Member

HAHA..you got that right Lets not forget the BBQ's also

Thread related..

OK, searched through my years of "stuff" and came up with this filter. Its kinda like a baby WMS filter. Cut a large oval hole nice and snug, a little duct tape, done!
Car runs, ran it up to 130+, no codes, no limp mode either. Runs fine like this, maybe a datalog is in order now..but I'll wait for the real filter to return.

pic wont upload, Ill try later.

[attachmentid=34335]
Old 10/5/05, 09:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 05STG1@September 21, 2005, 4:38 PM
HAHA..you got that right Lets not forget the BBQ's also

Thread related..

OK, searched through my years of "stuff" and came up with this filter. Its kinda like a baby WMS filter. Cut a large oval hole nice and snug, a little duct tape, done!
Car runs, ran it up to 130+, no codes, no limp mode either. Runs fine like this, maybe a datalog is in order now..but I'll wait for the real filter to return.
pic wont upload, Ill try later.

[attachmentid=34335]
Hey . . . whatever works! Have they sent your original filter back yet?

Got my "Outerwears" cold air condom (in black) yesterday but I was already asleep when the wife finally showed up with it after her late night coed softball game. I'll have to break it out of the bag tonight and try it on my filter just for grins.
Old 10/5/05, 03:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Yes, got it back last week, with a blue pre filter @ 34.95 lol
The condoms are nice for the filter, they are water repellent as well

OUTERWEARS PREFILTER FOR WMS INTAKE

Part# 100-2084 O/W CUSTOM, for anyone interested. That might be the part # for blue, not sure,

King,
Valve covers come back tomorrow, and then i will do a quick compression check on all eight slugs to be sure. Valve covers are being powdercoated HEMI black wrinkle finish. Found a local shop for 150, alittle high, but does great work.
Old 10/5/05, 04:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 05STG1@October 5, 2005, 2:48 PM
Yes, got it back last week, with a blue pre filter @ 34.95 lol
The condoms are nice for the filter, they are water repellent as well

OUTERWEARS PREFILTER FOR WMS INTAKE

Part# 100-2084 O/W CUSTOM, for anyone interested. That might be the part # for blue, not sure,

King,
Valve covers come back tomorrow, and then i will do a quick compression check on all eight slugs to be sure. Valve covers are being powdercoated HEMI black wrinkle finish. Found a local shop for 150, alittle high, but does great work.
I hope the compression check is favorable! You'll be putting up pictures of the valve covers I hope? I'll take a shot of the pre-filter when I slap it on.
Old 10/5/05, 06:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Yes, pics just for you
In fact, I'll make one long post on the zex install and battery relocation i did, pics of all those as well. Ive been busy the last few weeks.
I'll have the covers tomorrow, will post a pic before I put them on in this thread. I cant wait to see them, even bought one of those Billet gunmetal oil caps sold on ebay for like 14 bucks. Check it out if havent, Nice piece, I will loose the black fill tube, and have the oil cap right on the valve cover...at least thats the plan.
Once thats done, Im going to borrow a compression tester from a buddy and check the slugs on Friday. Then test the 75 shot again w/ the nozzle in new position that night.First check for puddling, then plug #5. Then its parked it until dyno time next week, and hopefully some strip numbers on the 14th.
Old 10/6/05, 11:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Has anyone who installed this system noticed indentations on the hood liner from the filter itself?

I saw this and noticed a black spot on my filter from my liner so I removed the liner.
Old 10/6/05, 02:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by markski74@October 6, 2005, 1:47 PM
Has anyone who installed this system noticed indentations on the hood liner from the filter itself?

I saw this and noticed a black spot on my filter from my liner so I removed the liner.

Yep! The passenger side of the hammer head filter has left an impression in my hood liner. I now have the Outerwears pre-filter on it so no more indentation.

This is the hood I've been waiting for and will have to wait some more I guess. It's close.. if only the vents and the scoops were functional I'd buy it in a second. But finally, a retro 1968 Shelby hood. Would be the perfect solution to this intake I think and the styling of the new Mustang would lend itself great to it.
Old 10/6/05, 05:38 PM
Bullitt Member

As promised. The covers look good king. Not too flashy, just right. The Hemi wrinkle black is a perfect choice. Thanks to JDM for suggesting it, pictures dont do them justice.

[attachmentid=35631]

Nice hood BH.Give it a year, Im sure the market will be flooded with aftermarket hoods of all type.

My filter rubs also, and slightly more than normal due to me trying to gain some extra clearence before the TB. Using a TBS will also increase the rubbing, but nothing that would ruin the filter. I like the hoodliner because it helps seal off the tray.
As blackhat said, the outerwears pre-filter seems to prevent the indentation, and hasnt discolored yet from the liner.

Plug issue:
Tried to check compression this evening. A Standard compression tester does not have the proper thread size for these plugs. Will start hunting tomorrow for a complete kit.... car runs fine though.
Old 10/7/05, 08:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 05STG1@October 6, 2005, 4:41 PM
As promised. The covers look good king. Not too flashy, just right. The Hemi wrinkle black is a perfect choice. Thanks to JDM for suggesting it, pictures dont do them justice.

[attachmentid=35631]

Nice hood BH.Give it a year, Im sure the market will be flooded with aftermarket hoods of all type.

My filter rubs also, and slightly more than normal due to me trying to gain some extra clearence before the TB. Using a TBS will also increase the rubbing, but nothing that would ruin the filter. I like the hoodliner because it helps seal off the tray.
As blackhat said, the outerwears pre-filter seems to prevent the indentation, and hasnt discolored yet from the liner.
Plug issue:
Tried to check compression this evening. A Standard compression tester does not have the proper thread size for these plugs. Will start hunting tomorrow for a complete kit.... car runs fine though.
Oh man, those do look great !!! Figures the standard compression tester fittings won't work, I'll be interested in knowing what you come up with.
Old 10/7/05, 11:21 AM
Bullitt Member

OK...tried all the parts stores, and even the old guys at NAPA were stumped on the threads. NAPA had nothing for the compression tester,but I did find out they carry the HT1 plugs from Automile @ 11 bucks a piece.

So right now Im trying to track down a Snap-On truck or MAC truck are see what they have. If that dont work, NAPA recommends the dealership.
Old 10/8/05, 02:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 05STG1@October 6, 2005, 4:41 PM

[attachmentid=35631]

Plug issue:
They do look good... I was thinking of the Ford dark blue for mine [lime car]. I had PMed with a guy to get them actuallly powder coated, but I didn't go that far.

I happened to see one of the magazines doing work on the old 351 cleveland and that is the dark blue I'm talking about.

I haven't ordered the Outerwear thing yet, but I'm going to this week.

Mike E
Old 10/10/05, 04:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Mike,
I almost did the blue to match the rest of the engine bay, but at last minute they showed me the HEMI blk wrinkle finish, and knew that was it. The finish is perfect They blend in nice with the intake, but are not as "flashy" as the Blue.But I know te blue your talking about, its like a drak royal blue... My local guy had so many blue choices, with and without flake or sparkle, two tone, pretty cool stuff. This company does old Hot Rods and such, I really lucked out finding them.
Old 10/10/05, 04:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Be sure to find a good powdercoater, Im sure locally u have many good ones...
Old 10/12/05, 09:55 AM
Bullitt Member

I picked up a local powdercoater's card at a local car show, but haven't called yet. I definitely wouldn't want metal flake or any of that under the hood. You are right about matching the intake though.

And believe it or not, I have still been looking for that weatherstripping for the edge of the tray. I saw one at an AutoZone [that was a freak thing as most of them do not have it] for $29.99 which seems steep since I only need about what, 6-feet of it? Maybe someone would want to split it. Anyway I went to NAPA and a bunch of other places including two autobody supply shops and the closest I got was "call JC Whitney"... Jeez.

Mike E

Quick Reply: Installed WMS TODAY