GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

I think it's time for a Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 7/26/05, 07:45 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by dhof303@July 25, 2005, 10:15 PM
PROCHARGER

Request info from their website, they will send you a large packet full of info on comparisons with their competitors. Air to Air is better for the street as far as intercooled goes, price is better with a centrifugal vs. a twin screw. Either way you will be into some serious money and relying on support staff when you have problems if you have someone else install/tune for you.

I'm trying to see who I want to do the install. I'd drive 3 hrs up to JDM for the Saleen but then if I have a problem that means a 3 hr trip each time. I have a feeling that it will take some "time" to get everything right. I'm looking to see who does good work in Maryland and then will start branching out to other states. Anyone that knows a good MD shop can chime in anytime.
Old 7/26/05, 08:17 AM
Cobra Member

procharger is a good kit but I have heard they suffer some oil leaking issues on the 05's and other kits as well.Saleen is a nice system with everything integrated in one unit..Very sleek but pricey IMO
I choose the vortech kit because of their longstanding history with Sc'ing the mustangs and reliability and also their kit is very affordable.Regardless,unless you have a buddy who works at a ford dealership ,FORD WILL attempt to void your warranty once they see a blower.
Old 7/26/05, 08:59 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by subzero05@July 26, 2005, 8:20 AM
procharger is a good kit but I have heard they suffer some oil leaking issues on the 05's and other kits as well.Saleen is a nice system with everything integrated in one unit..Very sleek but pricey IMO
I choose the vortech kit because of their longstanding history with Sc'ing the mustangs and reliability and also their kit is very affordable.Regardless,unless you have a buddy who works at a ford dealership ,FORD WILL attempt to void your warranty once they see a blower.

What kind of numbers on the dyno is your car putting out? How much did you pay for the Vortech kit installed?
Old 7/26/05, 01:44 PM
Cobra Member

My car put 418 at the tire and 387 torque.I believe the non I/C Kit retails for about $3600 or somthing like that. I got a "special" from Vortech since they use my car from time to time for their show displays etc.Call it a "good guy discount"
Old 7/26/05, 03:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey Murray, I'm just down the BW Parkway from you. My deepest sympathies in regard to your loss (to the Evo).

Now, I know zilch about blowers. But I've been dealing with Maryland Performance Center in Gaithersburg for my mods. George, the owner, really knows his doo doo on the ProChargers and is a great guy to deal with. He has some very impressive machines coming through there. My poor little N/A Mustang GT didn't even register a blip on their screen. He hasn't done an '05 yet, but does boost many 4.6 Mustangs. If you're interested, give him a ring a tell him Adam sent you. When he hangs up, be persistant and keep calling.