Search this Thread

Old 1/30/08, 08:42 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I like that....finesse
Old 1/30/08, 09:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just remember, don't come back here complaining about noise after the suspension mods. We'll smack you!
Old 1/30/08, 09:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SONICBOOST
Looks like the only thing i'm missing is the uca and brackets. I just want a smooth shift into second. I hope this helps
If you're going that route you're going to want an adjustable panhard bar as well. When you do hook you want that rear end aligned so you dont go off to one side.
Old 1/30/08, 09:25 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by anthony05gt
Just remember, don't come back here complaining about noise after the suspension mods. We'll smack you!
You guys will be the first
Old 1/30/08, 09:26 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by 2kanchoo
If you're going that route you're going to want an adjustable panhard bar as well. When you do hook you want that rear end aligned so you dont go off to one side.
Maybe, well see after I install the parts
Old 1/30/08, 09:27 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Whats a good uca out there? I'll probably go with the bmr.
Old 1/30/08, 09:31 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Whats a good uca out there? I'll probably go with the bmr.
BMR or CHE are good. My favorite one is the J&M UCA sold on hotpart.com. I like how the bushing design lets the axle articulate a bit.
Old 1/31/08, 06:33 PM
GT Member

Wait a minute, a stock GT500 has about the same, maybe a little more HP and has 255s in the rear not slicks. Okay it’s got a 6-speed and has upgraded LCAs but so do you. Get an adjustable UCA to correct the angle if needed or let your fiancé drive.
Old 1/31/08, 06:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by WayneA
Wait a minute, a stock GT500 has about the same, maybe a little more HP and has 255s in the rear not slicks. Okay it’s got a 6-speed and has upgraded LCAs but so do you. Get an adjustable UCA to correct the angle if needed or let your fiancé drive.
It also has zero traction like he does.
Old 1/31/08, 06:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sonicboost, to me it sounds like you are a ego boost

You have over 1600+ post, WTH don't you know
Old 1/31/08, 07:34 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by Rapture
Sonicboost, to me it sounds like you are a ego boost

You have over 1600+ post, WTH don't you know
I would say that I have a lot of pride. I do know a lot. It's mostly just asking for a second opinion...
Old 2/1/08, 02:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I drove my fiancee's mothers GT500 once and it had no major problem with traction. Granted it only had 80 miles on it and future father in law was riding with me, so I didn't go crazy or anything. 125 on an on ramp isn't crazy right?
Old 2/1/08, 06:24 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by theedge67
I drove my fiancee's mothers GT500 once and it had no major problem with traction. Granted it only had 80 miles on it and future father in law was riding with me, so I didn't go crazy or anything. 125 on an on ramp isn't crazy right?
Thas what I was wondering. What the suspension setup on the gt500 was because i know they put down 450rwhp stock with a t/s
Old 2/1/08, 09:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

It's probably still in that dealer safety mode where the full boost doesnt kick in. LOL.
Old 2/1/08, 09:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

It seems like everywhere I go someone is trying to race me. Most of the time I just let them do there thing and I do nothing but sometimes I can't help myself The reason I started this thread is because I got walked by a dam Lexus It was the 3.5L 305hp IS08. They come in AWD and RWD, I think this dude had the AWD. He was messing with me at a few lights and I ignored him. Well I decide to take a back road home and I notice these lights speeding up behind me and I knew just who it was. He pulled up next to me at the stop sign. Basically he took off on me and I didn't catch him until mid third then I pulled out...I was spining in first while he was gone I smoked him from a roll after that but still I don't like this first gear boost thing anymore. I've gotta do something about this. The only other alternative is to shift below 4k but thats no fun... The funny about this is my fiance was in the car at this time. She was like "dam that car was fast", I said " I was spining in first babe", then she said "well you need to not do that next time" . She usually hates when I "go fast" . And for anybodys info, I don't like street racing, I will only do it if someone is picking on me, I don't go around trying to race people. Oh yeah those IS08 are FAST!!! There are 2 versions of this car a 2.5L I believe and 3.5L 305hp v6. I looked this up after I got home to see what that dam thing had in it, I thought it was turbo'd at first.

-Adam
Bet I could get a Honda to walk on ya. If you're spinning in first, anything with a motor will generally go off the line, especially with AWD. That's the simple physics of traction. But relax...you got a much faster car than that Lexus.

Bet the lexus was beating himself up that he spent probably the same as you spent after your SC and he has over 100 less hp. Talk about the shaft

PS Don't mean to talk crap against the Lexus, they're nice cars, just a little overpriced.
Old 2/1/08, 06:24 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by tw0scoops123
Bet I could get a Honda to walk on ya..
Not if I shift at 4k in first Thats what im subjected to...
Old 2/1/08, 07:37 PM
Cobra Member

I have not read the whole thread yet (3 pages worth now), but there is a thing called throttle modulation ... which will modulate the boost ... simply put, don't put your foot completely in it in 1st.

Never mind, now I have ...

I think the Steeda LCA bracket offers more adjustability than the BMR. You might consider the GT500 LCA's. They are stiffer than stock and still not as harsh as a poly bushing type. While correcting instant center by dropping the the rear of the LCA, if you still light the tires, you still won't get any wt transfer. The tires have to hook up to get acceleration and wt. transfer. So you still need stickier tires.

I doubt a drag radial are a very good road tire.

Correcting pinion angle at this time will not improve wt. transfer ... it will result in even more torque to the wheels.

Have you tried a 2nd gear launch? 2nd Gear on this trans in only a little lower than 1st gear on my BOSS 302.
Old 2/1/08, 07:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Am I the only person so far that thought "I drove my fiancee's mothers GT500 once" was friggin' hilarious??

No offense Steve, but that struck me funny.... you coulda atleast have said "my friends GT500" or something...

Not if I shift at 4k in first Thats what im subjected to...
Hey man, remember it hasn't been that long since traction wasn't a problem.......
Old 2/1/08, 07:56 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by RadBOSS
I have not read the whole thread yet (3 pages worth now), but there is a thing called throttle modulation ... which will modulate the boost ... simply put, don't put your foot completely in it in 1st.

Never mind, now I have ...

I think the Steeda LCA bracket offers more adjustability than the BMR. You might consider the GT500 LCA's. They are stiffer than stock and still not as harsh as a poly bushing type. While correcting instant center by dropping the the rear of the LCA, if you still light the tires, you still won't get any wt transfer. The tires have to hook up to get acceleration and wt. transfer. So you still need stickier tires.

I doubt a drag radial are a very good road tire.

Correcting pinion angle at this time will not improve wt. transfer ... it will result in even more torque to the wheels.

Have you tried a 2nd gear launch? 2nd Gear on this trans in only a little lower than 1st gear on my BOSS 302.
Your kidding right, it is way to touchy in first to "modulate" it, espically when the boost kicks in, I have tried it. The launch in second gear is a good idea that I have not tried yet. I will try that tommorw. Thanks
Old 2/1/08, 07:59 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by tom281

Hey man, remember it hasn't been that long since traction wasn't a problem.......
I know i know.... I think I know... How are you hooking at wot in first Tom?