GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

I Need Help!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/08, 05:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SONICBOOST
Are you running the Kuhmo's?
Trust me if it's traction you want you want a DOT street slick not a summer tire. Nitto, mt, m&h.
Old 1/30/08, 05:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey Adam,
I think this is a pretty funny post. First off...I know it is warmer out there than back here back NO tire will grab a cool to cold road. Regardless of make!! Regardless where you live. Second..you have new power....ease up on the right foot for god's sake when leaving a stop light. Your not John Force you know!!

Scott
Old 1/30/08, 06:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Wish I had your problem!
Old 1/30/08, 06:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 2kanchoo
Wow. And I've found the complete opposite. I can straight drop without heating from 3500 and hook. If I warm em up I can drop around 4500. I sure couldn't do that with any summer tire.

Well if anything being that they are that cheap you can always try them out and if they don't work for you you can burn them off and buy some mt et streets or m&h's next year which you would have to do anyway lol.
This was in 65 degree weather. At the track, I warmed the tires up good via a nice smokey burnout.

If I was to buy a DR, I wouldn't waste my money experimenting on Nittos. If you are going to buy a DR that hooks, M/T's and M&H are the standard.
Old 1/30/08, 06:28 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Are you running the Kuhmo's?
I have previously. My summer tires are RE050A pole positions.

KD's and MX's hook well for a street tire. My buddy ran KD's on his Procharged C5 and traction was decent for the power he was putting down.
Old 1/30/08, 06:40 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Hey Adam,
I think this is a pretty funny post. First off...I know it is warmer out there than back here back NO tire will grab a cool to cold road. Regardless of make!! Regardless where you live. Second..you have new power....ease up on the right foot for god's sake when leaving a stop light. Your not John Force you know!!

Scott
It seems like everywhere I go someone is trying to race me. Most of the time I just let them do there thing and I do nothing but sometimes I can't help myself The reason I started this thread is because I got walked by a dam Lexus It was the 3.5L 305hp IS08. They come in AWD and RWD, I think this dude had the AWD. He was messing with me at a few lights and I ignored him. Well I decide to take a back road home and I notice these lights speeding up behind me and I knew just who it was. He pulled up next to me at the stop sign. Basically he took off on me and I didn't catch him until mid third then I pulled out...I was spining in first while he was gone I smoked him from a roll after that but still I don't like this first gear boost thing anymore. I've gotta do something about this. The only other alternative is to shift below 4k but thats no fun... The funny about this is my fiance was in the car at this time. She was like "dam that car was fast", I said " I was spining in first babe", then she said "well you need to not do that next time" . She usually hates when I "go fast" . And for anybodys info, I don't like street racing, I will only do it if someone is picking on me, I don't go around trying to race people. Oh yeah those IS08 are FAST!!! There are 2 versions of this car a 2.5L I believe and 3.5L 305hp v6. I looked this up after I got home to see what that dam thing had in it, I thought it was turbo'd at first.

-Adam
Old 1/30/08, 07:06 PM
Bullitt Member

It seems like everywhere I go someone is trying to race me. Most of the time I just let them do there thing and I do nothing but sometimes I can't help myself The reason I started this thread is because I got walked by a dam Lexus It was the 3.5L 305hp IS08. They come in AWD and RWD, I think this dude had the AWD. He was messing with me at a few lights and I ignored him. Well I decide to take a back road home and I notice these lights speeding up behind me and I knew just who it was. He pulled up next to me at the stop sign. Basically he took off on me and I didn't catch him until mid third then I pulled out...I was spining in first while he was gone I smoked him from a roll after that but still I don't like this first gear boost thing anymore. I've gotta do something about this. The only other alternative is to shift below 4k but thats no fun... The funny about this is my fiance was in the car at this time. She was like "dam that car was fast", I said " I was spining in first babe", then she said "well you need to not do that next time" . She usually hates when I "go fast" . And for anybodys info, I don't like street racing, I will only do it if someone is picking on me, I don't go around trying to race people. Oh yeah those IS08 are FAST!!! There are 2 versions of this car a 2.5L I believe and 3.5L 305hp v6. I looked this up after I got home to see what that dam thing had in it, I thought it was turbo'd at first.

-Adam
Like I said if it's off the line traction you want get some dot street slicks.
Old 1/30/08, 07:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by max2000jp
This was in 65 degree weather. At the track, I warmed the tires up good via a nice smokey burnout.

If I was to buy a DR, I wouldn't waste my money experimenting on Nittos. If you are going to buy a DR that hooks, M/T's and M&H are the standard.
They work fantastic for some. Might as well try it and if they work then you can get 2 seasons out of them opposed to just 1 with mt's or m&h's.
Old 1/30/08, 07:50 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

They work fantastic for some. Might as well try it and if they work then you can get 2 seasons out of them opposed to just 1 with mt's or m&h's.
You mean try the nittos right
Old 1/30/08, 07:53 PM
Bullitt Member

You mean try the nittos right
LOL. Depends on your $$ situation. I acknowledge that mt et streets and m&h do grab better. If you can afford to buy a set each spring then I'd go with those. If you just want a tire that's a lot better than what you have and can last 2 seasons they might be worth it.
Old 1/30/08, 08:04 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Im gonna give the nittos a shot
Old 1/30/08, 08:09 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Im gonna give the nittos a shot
Don't waste your money on tires yet. Your suspension is not ideal. I have Eibachs and if you look the LCA's angles upwards. You need relocation brackets to adjust it to be close to level. You also need to adjust the pinion angle. It should be at -2 to -3 degrees.
Old 1/30/08, 08:11 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

LOL. Depends on your $$ situation. I acknowledge that mt et streets and m&h do grab better. If you can afford to buy a set each spring then I'd go with those. If you just want a tire that's a lot better than what you have and can last 2 seasons they might be worth it.
My buddy runs BFG's on his 550whp 350Z:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....FA+Drag+Radial

They last a fairly long time and are much better than Nittos.
Old 1/30/08, 08:12 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

How do i adjust the pinion angle
Old 1/30/08, 08:14 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

How do i adjust the pinion angle
You need an adjustable upper control arm. BMR, CHE, Steeda, etc. offer them.
Old 1/30/08, 08:17 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I could just try the brackets. There cheap and a long lasting mod
Old 1/30/08, 08:18 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by max2000jp
You need an adjustable upper control arm. BMR, CHE, Steeda, etc. offer them.
Whats your suspension setup, do you spin at all in first at wot?
Old 1/30/08, 08:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Whats your suspension setup, do you spin at all in first at wot?
CHE Adjustable UCA (poly)
CHE LCA (poly)
BMR relocation brackets
FRPP/Eibach springs
Tokico D-specs
275/40/18 RE050 Pole Positions

My car will fight for traction from 5k till I shift (6500). If I shift hard, it blows the tires off into second and then grips. It's very predictable.
Old 1/30/08, 08:32 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Looks like the only thing i'm missing is the uca and brackets. I just want a smooth shift into second. I hope this helps
Old 1/30/08, 08:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Looks like the only thing i'm missing is the uca and brackets. I just want a smooth shift into second. I hope this helps
Don't speed shift into second. If you do, the car will lose traction. Finesse the shift and the car will hook!

Work on your suspension first, then try the tires.