GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Hm...so thats interesting

Search this Thread

Old 6/29/05, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Okay so I live in Chicago and I went to a suburban "hot rod shop" that specializes in mustangs. I was planning on getting CAI, an SCT Tuner, Headers, and maybe new exhaust. I called the previous day and was told all this stuff would take about a day or so and to come in to get pricing. I go in today and talk to the same guy I spoke to last nite, but now all of a sudden there are problems. He "talks to his manager" and comes back to tell me that the car cannot be run on a dyno, that the sct tuner doesnt work well, and that I can still do the CAI without a tune...after I tell him that the car is gonna run lean and it needs a tune, he proceeds to tell me "I've been doing this for 18 years I think I know a little bit about cars" Now I took this as a slam to me as I'm only 19..this guy however looked about 3 years older than I. Im ever so mad rite now as I was really lookin forward to dealing with a good shop not some J/O but oh well such is life I suppose. Anyone local in Chicago or the Western burbs can suggest a shop?? With all the people on this board doing mods to their cars...I'm pretty sure I can dyno tune my car but then again, I havent been doing this for 18 years....so what do I know?
Old 6/29/05, 12:40 PM
Cobra R Member

Go to SCT site, and there is a tuner locator, put in zip code, and find a sct tuner dyno shop near you. Good luck

http://www.sctflash.com/main.php
Old 6/29/05, 04:21 PM
ski
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ipitythefools@June 29, 2005, 1:40 PM
Okay so I live in Chicago and I went to a suburban "hot rod shop" that specializes in mustangs. I was planning on getting CAI, an SCT Tuner, Headers, and maybe new exhaust. I called the previous day and was told all this stuff would take about a day or so and to come in to get pricing. I go in today and talk to the same guy I spoke to last nite, but now all of a sudden there are problems. He "talks to his manager" and comes back to tell me that the car cannot be run on a dyno, that the sct tuner doesnt work well, and that I can still do the CAI without a tune...after I tell him that the car is gonna run lean and it needs a tune, he proceeds to tell me "I've been doing this for 18 years I think I know a little bit about cars" Now I took this as a slam to me as I'm only 19..this guy however looked about 3 years older than I. Im ever so mad rite now as I was really lookin forward to dealing with a good shop not some J/O but oh well such is life I suppose. Anyone local in Chicago or the Western burbs can suggest a shop?? With all the people on this board doing mods to their cars...I'm pretty sure I can dyno tune my car but then again, I havent been doing this for 18 years....so what do I know?
He may claim to know a little about cars, but if he's never done any tuning on a 2005 Mustang GT, then he's a babe lost in the woods wrt its computer management system. It's like no other that he's ever worked with.