GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Hesitation?

Search this Thread

Old 11/27/05, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was wondering if anybody has been experiencing a hesitation in their mustang. It is kind of hard to describe. It usually happens after I have been driving on the freeway for a while and then get off at an exit and begin to drive slow. If I try to accelerate rapidly the engine cuts out for a second or two. It is a very violent jolt that barks my tires. That is the best way I can describe the problem I am having so I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem. Thanks for your help!
Old 11/27/05, 08:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only times mine cuts out after barking the tires on acceleration, is if I forget to turn TCS off... :bang:
Old 11/27/05, 11:25 PM
Bullitt Member

You may want to check out this thread....

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....opic=38588&hl=

It sounds like it is the same issue many of us have been experiencing from time to time.
Old 11/28/05, 06:07 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally posted by hiflyntdwg@November 27, 2005, 10:44 PM
I was wondering if anybody has been experiencing a hesitation in their mustang. It is kind of hard to describe. It usually happens after I have been driving on the freeway for a while and then get off at an exit and begin to drive slow. If I try to accelerate rapidly the engine cuts out for a second or two. It is a very violent jolt that barks my tires. That is the best way I can describe the problem I am having so I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem. Thanks for your help!

I've had my car for almost a year now and recently it happen to me for the first time. I had been driving on I-95 with the cruise control on for about 40 min. I took an exit and I didn't turn the cruise off , jut depressed the clutch and down shifted and step on it and it happened. I don't use the cruise control much and I wondering if it's a glitch between the computer , the cruise control and the fly by wire throttle. I sometimes notice when I have the cruise on and step on the pedal to maybe pass someone it doesn't always respond right away. Did you have your cruise control on ...
Old 11/28/05, 02:54 PM

Thanks for all of your replies. During my long drive I did have the cruise control on but when I pull of at the exits I turn it off. My problem sounds exactly like the one everyone else is having. I hope they find a solution because it really sucks to have your car fall flat on its face when trying to accelerate.
Old 11/28/05, 04:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Very annoying and even dangerous at times. Try to accelerate and your car falls flat on its face! :bang: I've read all the threads on this subject and they all sound so familiar. I've had the problem with and without TCS on, with and without cruise on recently, etc.

Since I started driving about an hour to and from work every day, it does it almost every day, but only on the way home. I slow down after the interstate drive differently on my way to work and I think that has something to do with it. About the only thing I have found that helps (if you want to call it that) is to downshift to 4th gear and floor it just before exiting the interstate. The car bucks 1-3 times (usually 2-3 times) and is fine from then on. I can slow down or stop and then accelerate without further incident. Not a fix, but at least it doesn't hesitate when I'm pulling away from a stop.

Good luck and let us all know if you have any tips or tricks regarding this issue.