GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Help from WMS CAI owners

Search this Thread

Old 8/2/07, 07:02 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help from WMS CAI owners

I am interested in mounting a coolant reservoir in the location that the WMS CAI moves the stock engine coolant reservoir to on the driver's side of the engine compartment. Could someone please post some pics of the WMS bracket and how it mounts to the position in front of the strut tower?

I'm planning on using a Canton AL tank that replaces the stock tank, so the bolt holes/mounting bolts should be the same, and use it as an extra intercooler reservoir tank. My current intercooler coolant capacity is less than a gallon and my IAT's are runnining around 135F and looking to add a little extra capacity to keep the temps down. Plus, I think the AL tanks look cool. Thanks!
Old 8/2/07, 09:38 AM
Bullitt Member

The WMS kit came with an aluminum bracket [that's the easy part], a 4-inch tall rubber /plastic support which has a tab that goes into an existing hole in the inner fender, and more importantly, a custom-made hose to relocate the tank.

Depending on your aftermarket tank, that rubber support probably wouldn't be needed. The bracket isn't anything special, just has two holes to match the tank and one for a bolt to the inner fender. I think it lets the tank twist /swivel a little too easily due to that one bolt, though there isn't any real force on it.

I can take some fresh pics this weekend of mine if you'd like. PM me.

Mike E
Old 8/2/07, 09:43 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Hatchman
I am interested in mounting a coolant reservoir in the location that the WMS CAI moves the stock engine coolant reservoir to on the driver's side of the engine compartment. Could someone please post some pics of the WMS bracket and how it mounts to the position in front of the strut tower?

I'm planning on using a Canton AL tank that replaces the stock tank, so the bolt holes/mounting bolts should be the same, and use it as an extra intercooler reservoir tank. My current intercooler coolant capacity is less than a gallon and my IAT's are runnining around 135F and looking to add a little extra capacity to keep the temps down. Plus, I think the AL tanks look cool. Thanks!
Doesn't IAT mean intake air temp?
Old 8/2/07, 07:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by AirGoNomyk
Doesn't IAT mean intake air temp?
Yes. The Kenne Bell setup moves the IAT sensor from the MAF to a sensor mounted on the intercooler, so the IAT is measuring the air temp after it goes through the blower and intercooler. If I can cool down the water going through the intercooler, it will reduce the IATs. A bigger reservoir to hold more coolant is part of the plan.
Old 8/2/07, 07:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by mikeelia
The WMS kit came with an aluminum bracket [that's the easy part], a 4-inch tall rubber /plastic support which has a tab that goes into an existing hole in the inner fender, and more importantly, a custom-made hose to relocate the tank.

Depending on your aftermarket tank, that rubber support probably wouldn't be needed. The bracket isn't anything special, just has two holes to match the tank and one for a bolt to the inner fender. I think it lets the tank twist /swivel a little too easily due to that one bolt, though there isn't any real force on it.

I can take some fresh pics this weekend of mine if you'd like. PM me.

Mike E
Sent you a PM, I'd love to see what the bracket looks like.