GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Help, What should I Do

Search this Thread

Old 4/28/05, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Car is supposed to be built this week, in fact the ERL said "As of April 26 your unit is scheduled for the week of April 25". Heres my problem(or is it?) I called my dealer to see if it had been bucked and an ETA given. He said he would call me back with the info. When he called me back he said an identical car should be there either tommorrow or Monday. I told him that I would probably wait until my car comes in because my name would be on the window sticker. He said OK and went again to check on the update. When he called again he said they aren't putting names on the stickers anymore because people were canceling there orders and people were questioning why somebodys name was on it. I'm not sure if I believe him so has anyone ordered a car and not had there name on the sticker?

Also if my name will be on it should I wait? My name is not going to change the value or anything like that so what would be the point in waiting? I'm excited that I could have my car tommorrow but should I? :scratch: :scratch:
Old 4/28/05, 08:58 PM
Cobra R Member

buy it immediately, what are you kidding me. If its there, buy it, and buy it fast! You wont be sorry. good luck
Old 4/28/05, 10:25 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by sodaman@April 28, 2005, 8:01 PM
buy it immediately, what are you kidding me. If its there, buy it, and buy it fast! You wont be sorry. good luck

Yeah, you wouldn't have to ask me twice!
Old 4/28/05, 10:30 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by wild stray+April 28, 2005, 10:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wild stray @ April 28, 2005, 10:28 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-sodaman@April 28, 2005, 8:01 PM

Yeah, you wouldn't have to ask me twice!
[/b][/quote]

Dude, stop reading this and go buy the car. What if the truck carrying the car they built for you explodes, or gets obducted by aliens or something. Run!
Old 4/29/05, 04:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by DADS05@April 29, 2005, 2:22 AM
My Car is supposed to be built this week, in fact the ERL said "As of April 26 your unit is scheduled for the week of April 25". Heres my problem(or is it?) I called my dealer to see if it had been bucked and an ETA given. He said he would call me back with the info. When he called me back he said an identical car should be there either tommorrow or Monday. I told him that I would probably wait until my car comes in because my name would be on the window sticker. He said OK and went again to check on the update. When he called again he said they aren't putting names on the stickers anymore because people were canceling there orders and people were questioning why somebodys name was on it. I'm not sure if I believe him so has anyone ordered a car and not had there name on the sticker?

Also if my name will be on it should I wait? My name is not going to change the value or anything like that so what would be the point in waiting? I'm excited that I could have my car tommorrow but should I? :scratch: :scratch:
I ordered in may 04 and rec'd in october 04.......No name on sticker, but some cars did have the customer names on them. I would get the "Bird in the hand" at this point!
Old 4/29/05, 09:53 AM

My dealer says my car is in Hadley. Does anyone know where that is? I am assuming that is the ramp for cars here in central CA, so I did a search and all I found was Hadley Peak CA and that is way up in northern CA. Anybody know?
Old 4/29/05, 10:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

My sticker didn't have my name on it.

Supposedly there is a build sheet in the car somewhere that may have your name on it, but my salesman and I looked inside the car for it when it came in, and never found it.

Buy the car that's already there if it's what you want.
Old 4/29/05, 02:53 PM
Cobra Member

GET THE CAR!!! I got lucky and bought one that a customer who had ordered it decided not to purchase right after it arrived....I was driving by the lot within 30 minutes and they had just rolled it on the point....stopped and an hour later was driving my new STANG!! By the way there was no customer's name on the window sticker..
Old 4/29/05, 02:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Gosh, RUN Forrest RUN, and get the car. If it is the exact same as the one you ordered why question it? You can always write your name on the window sticker if you want.... I rather my name on the paperwork/title myself