GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Help Me Please!!

Search this Thread

Old 11/11/08, 07:58 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Me Please!!

Ok, so i been having this problem with my car running rough. The car is overloading with fuel and the car is trying to pull fuel away but it cant so my car runs rough for about 30seconds. MY performance mods are OBX Long tube Headers, 4.10 gears,C&L racer intake,UPD,Delete plates, 93 race tune from brenspeed. Now, I live on the east coast(NJ), so being altitude is different say then on the west coast should i see if my tune is wrong for the altitude that im in? Any effects on the vehicle? Right after i put the headers on the car it was running fine for a few weeks and then bamm, everynow and then the car would run like crap for a little bit, not its a everyday thing that happens almost 2 minutes after startup. For the first time ever i saw that my fuel gauge was inaccurate. Could my headers be giving me the problem and the car is reacting to them? Any possible problems out there with fuel system or pump? PCM problem? I know that the O2 sensors are further back then where they are supposed to be, but theres others running these headers and i havent heard any problems from them so i dont think that it is my headers but i dont want to rule it out yet. So, please help me. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I also contacted brenspeed and tried different tune files via email, and still no luck. So, im running out of options. If there is anybody out there having problems let me know what the fix was. The Only code i was able to pull out was O2 sensor stuck rich codes. PLEASE HELP ME!
Old 11/11/08, 08:21 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i also done some datalogging with my X3 but i dont know how to upload it to my computer so i can email it to brenspeed. anybody?
Old 11/11/08, 09:15 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Sorry I can't help much , but the fuel gauge may be a bad cluster and not related to your other problem. My fuel gauge was intermittently wrong , but is now showing empty most of the time. There's another thread on here about the cluster and I think mine needs to be replaced. I'm past the warranty and since I have scan gauges so I know how much fuel I really have , I haven't gotten it replaced yet ...