GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Help, how do I move my rear end!!!

Search this Thread

Old 3/15/08, 08:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Help, how do I move my rear end!!!

OK, I put new wheels and tires on and it made it evident that my rear end is not centered, it's about 3/4 of an inch to far to the drivers side. I know I've read about this before but I cant find anything. How do I correct the centering.
Thanks.
Old 3/15/08, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From everything I have read you will need an adjustable panhard bar and that should put your axle back in the center
Old 3/15/08, 08:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by harbarlv44
From everything I have read you will need an adjustable panhard bar and that should put your axle back in the center
OK thanks, now I know what to search for. I knew there was something but I couldn't remember the name of the part.
Old 3/15/08, 08:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
please measure it with a tape measure and a string. Then post up the measurements here. Thanks
Old 3/15/08, 09:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
please measure it with a tape measure and a string. Then post up the measurements here. Thanks
I'll get some measurements as soon as I have a chance. Don't know if it shows up well enough but here are some pics. Does anyone know if the panhard bar is different for a vert. I'm looking at the BMR adjustable but it doesn't specify coupe or vert.
Attached Thumbnails Help, how do I move my rear end!!!-zzzzz.jpg   Help, how do I move my rear end!!!-yyyyy.jpg  
Old 3/15/08, 09:59 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
I'm using the Edelbrock adjustable panhard bar,priced out very reasonable from Jeggs.Make sure you find some offset grease zerks if you can service you panhard bar.The mounting location is very tight for grease zerks.
Old 3/15/08, 10:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Tail-light covers?

Sorry off topic. But what brand of satin black tail-light covers are those? Nice looking and very low profile! Been looking for a good pair in the black. Thanks. Calstang
Old 3/15/08, 10:58 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Adjustable Panhard Bar is definitely what you need. They are the same for a coupe or vert.

Here's the one I just put in when I when I installed my Eibach Pro-Kit. These guys are fantastic to deal with, btw.
http://www.stangsuspension.com/store...idproduct=1102

Here's a pic of it on my car.

And here's a pic of my rear, showing it in perfect alignment.
Old 3/15/08, 11:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by CalStang'07
Sorry off topic. But what brand of satin black tail-light covers are those? Nice looking and very low profile! Been looking for a good pair in the black. Thanks. Calstang
It's just a roll of cheap door molding cut to fit from the local autoparts store. It holds up pretty well, its about a year old now and still looks like new.
Old 3/15/08, 11:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by DarkFireGT
Adjustable Panhard Bar is definitely what you need. They are the same for a coupe or vert.

Here's the one I just put in when I when I installed my Eibach Pro-Kit. These guys are fantastic to deal with, btw.

Thanks for the pictures, thats very helpful. I just ordered mine from BMR. Was it pretty easy to install. Also I assume to move the rear end you loosen the two jamb nuts and turn until it's were you want it and then re tighten the two nuts. Is that correct?
Old 3/15/08, 02:34 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And here's a pic of my rear, showing it in perfect alignment.

I noticed your right muffler is a little higher then the left
Old 3/15/08, 03:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
No problem for the pics. Yeah, you load the suspension (either your jack stands on the axle housing or put the car on ramps, and adjust until the axle is centered. Then tighten the jam nuts.

I didn't notice the muffler until after the photo shoot. Must've happened at the alignment shop, as it was straight when I put the car away for the winter.
Old 3/15/08, 03:37 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Robbieg
It's just a roll of cheap door molding cut to fit from the local autoparts store. It holds up pretty well, its about a year old now and still looks like new.
That's pretty smart! Looks good, too. I just used a roll of black vinyl pinstriping on mine, but your's is more obvious and looks better. Nice work!

Yes, you the adjustable panhard bar should do the trick. Make sure the suspension is loaded when you center it. Very easy to do and the BMR locking nuts are in a great place. Mine are on the ends and much harder to get to on the passenger side once up mounted inside the bracket. But your's will go on there much easier.

Hint, you may need to loosen up the axle brace bolt on the passenger side as well, helps to get the new panhard in and out. Not really required, but might make it easier. You'll see what I'm talking about once you get under there, the same bracket is holding the passenger side of the panhard and the axle brace, and the axle brace bolt may keep the bracket pinched to give you a hard time. No big deal, loosen up one bolt for a few minutes.

This is an easy fix, and the aftermarket BMR will be lighter to boot. The stock one is full of some kind of sand and very heavy.
Old 3/15/08, 05:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Your sig says you have a panhard bar? Or are you just listing stock parts O.o
Old 3/15/08, 05:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Stoenr
Your sig says you have a panhard bar? Or are you just listing stock parts O.o
Ha, I just added that about 20 min ago when I listed the razor's becouse I just ordered it. It's not here yet.
Old 3/16/08, 10:44 AM
Bullitt Member

"Help, how do I move my rear end!!"

A few beers and some good music?

Last edited by mustangjack; 3/16/08 at 01:51 PM.
Old 3/16/08, 01:24 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No problem for the pics. Yeah, you load the suspension (either your jack stands on the axle housing or put the car on ramps, and adjust until the axle is centered. Then tighten the jam nuts.

I didn't notice the muffler until after the photo shoot. Must've happened at the alignment shop, as it was straight when I put the car away for the winter.
I have been noticing in a few pics that some of the stock mufflers are not perfectly alligned, no biggie...
Old 3/16/08, 07:47 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Robbieg
Any instructions on how you installed it.
Old 3/17/08, 09:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 302svt
Any instructions on how you installed it.
I just took the roll and went around the entire perimeter of the light (with the backing still on) and then cut it with a pair of scissors about an inch longer than I needed. Then I cleaned the area with rubbing alcohol so the 3M tape would stick good. Then I peeled a little way down and started at the corner with the reverse light. I slowly peeled and worked my way around till I got back to the starting point and cut off the access. Then I cut two more pieces to fit in the two middle spots. The molding is very flexible and easy to work with so for the outside perimeter you can do it with one continuous piece. I didn't need to but if you live in colder climate you might want to heat the molding up with a hair dryer to make it easier to work.
Old 3/17/08, 06:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Best and safest way to move your rear , is just start simple . Get up turn off the t.v and go for a walk .

(lol)